Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Random Heroics: 980 VP/week or 1470 VP/week?

According the blue posts:

"Right now, you receive 70 VP for the first random Cataclysm Heroic dungeon you complete each day. In 4.1, you'll receive 70 VP for the first seven random Cataclysm Heroic dungeons you complete each week. Similarly, you'll receive 140 VP for the first seven random Rise of the Zandalari Heroic dungeons (the new Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub instances) you complete in the week, too. Collectively, you'll be able to earn up to 980 VP exclusively from Heroic dungeons, which in turn will count towards your weekly 1250 VP cap."

346 Heroics: 70 * 7 = 490 VP
    353 Heroics: 140 * 7 = 980 VP
    Total: 1470 VP per week

Why does the blue post say you can get only 980 VP from Heroics when running seven 346 Heroics and seven 353 Heroics yields you 1470 VP total?

Deleted
    You can only get 980 VP per week because the 346 and 353 will share VP gain

Maybe the 7 a week share a cooldown with each other. So maybe after you do 7 heroics (346 or 353) it goes away for the week?

Last I checked you only received valor for the first 7 heroics you run, it can be any combination of the two types, but 7 total, not 7 of each tier.

Ah okay that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Deleted
    Pretty sure i read something about the 980 cap being across both, meaning you can do either 7 tier 2 heroics or 14 tier 1 heroics (or any mix in between).

Quote Originally Posted by Derian View Post
    Last I checked you only received valor for the first 7 heroics you run, it can be any combination of the two types, but 7 total, not 7 of each tier.
    Pretty sure this is wrong, I think you can que for randoms of either tier until you max out on the 980 VP. Don't quote that as fact though, just from what I remember reading.

He meant you can only obtain 980VP from heroics, if you want to reach the 1250 VP Weekly cap, you need to raid.

After obtaining 980VP from Randoms, you'll no longer earn VP from Heroics for the rest of the week.

Ssssshhhhhhh.... The last time someone tried to figure out WoW math they went mad and is still getting treatment. Just relax, play and don't ask. It will all work out right in the end.
    Last edited by Phoenixvixen; 2011-04-26 at 06:58 PM.

That doesn't seem right. I doubt Blizzard wants to outdate all the original heroics by making it much more efficient to just run the 4.1 heroics 7 times and call it quits.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by jakobud View Post
    According the blue posts:

"Right now, you receive 70 VP for the first random Cataclysm Heroic dungeon you complete each day. In 4.1, you'll receive 70 VP for the first seven random Cataclysm Heroic dungeons you complete each week. Similarly, you'll receive 140 VP for the first seven random Rise of the Zandalari Heroic dungeons (the new Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub instances) you complete in the week, too. Collectively, you'll be able to earn up to 980 VP exclusively from Heroic dungeons, which in turn will count towards your weekly 1250 VP cap."

346 Heroics: 70 * 7 = 490 VP
    353 Heroics: 140 * 7 = 980 VP
    Total: 1470 VP per week

Why does the blue post say you can get only 980 VP from Heroics when running seven 346 Heroics and seven 353 Heroics yields you 1470 VP total?
    because you only get VP from the first 7 period

Signature by Kenz

The original heroics won't be outdated because you will still need to run them to get to the 346 iLevel needed to get in to the new ones.

Am I reading this right? So if you do your 7 randoms = 490 VPs and then do 12/12 clear = 840 VPs 840+490 = 1330 VPs per week

So can you get 1330 VPs a week or does it cap @ 1250 VPs and you dont get VPs from the last few raid bosses?
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

You can get a max of 980 vp each week from 5-mans. If you want to hit the 1470 vp cap, you'll have to do 10/25 raids.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I can see you can do seven 4.0 HCs to get the 490VP and then the balance can be made up with 4.1 HCs to 980VP. Or however you choose.

4.0 HCs are gonna die except for gearing to 346 to get in the 4.1 ones. Although the honor to JP conversion may just be the final nail in their coffin =)
    Committee for the Liberation and Integration of Terrifying Organisms and their Rehabilitation Into Society

blue post on front page:

you'll receive 70 VP for the first seven random Cataclysm Heroic dungeons you complete each week. Similarly, you'll receive 140 VP for the first seven random Rise of the Zandalari Heroic dungeons (the new Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub instances) you complete in the week, too.

so basically you will have to do 7 ZA/ZG heroics then 4 'old' heroics for your cap, or you can do 7 'old' heroics and 6 ZA/ZG heroics

Good question.
    I really have no clue, but its not 1470.
    your weekly max of valor/conquest is 1250.

Valor points from heroic 5 mans cap at 980 points per week.

If you start off with the old heroics you can get 490 VP total(Excluding raiding). Once you can start doing the ZA/ZG heroics you can get up to 980 VP total from both old heroics and ZA/ZG heroics. Once you reach the cap of 980 VP from heroics for the week though you do not recieve anymore if you still haven't completed 7/7 of the old heroics or 7/7 of the ZA/ZG heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Consecrated View Post
    Good question.
    I really have no clue, but its not 1470.
    your weekly max of valor/conquest is 1250.
    I'm more impressed btw (unless they change this in 4.2 when we have new raid gear to buy with Valor) that the daily ZG/ZA gives more valor than a raid boss does