Poll: What is the Hardest dps class to play?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    tbh all dps classes are difficult to master to their ultimate capacity...

Warlock if you are running Destro with out the addon. Toggling between 3 different cast bars during a fight is why I rolled a mage. 1/4th the effort, twice the dps/damage done.

well cant w8 till affli get buffed, then ill be more on top than the others, but ive played druid dps, hunter, pala, and find warlock most enjoyable/entertaining/complex soo yeah voted lock too, but surprised that so many picked it, i would have thought ppl picked i dunno, well dunno, all is kinda easy

Deleted
    ret pally rotation and feral druids is the hardest imo in cata

Do not post "OMFG wOw is teh eazyz no cleass is hurd" or you will be smacked.
    "OMFG WOW IS TEH EASYZ NO CLASS IS HARD"

but serious reply.people who put feral dps make me laugh.i guess keeping up bleeds and auto attacking is doing it wrong on a feral cat,because if you think thats hard.then thats pretty sad

Funny to see any caster whining about being hardest to play.
    Any melee DPS is 10x harder than standing in the peanut gallery and pew pewing spells from afar safe from ground effects, most AOE and boss aggro.

1/4th the effort, twice the dps/damage done.

so thats why arcane mages are one of the weakest classes right now

unless they buffed them to be not terrible in the patch.i dont play a mage,so i dont follow the mage changes.i know frost got buffed though

feral's..
    followed by ret pally

I've done hardmode content in POV of a dps and healing role and I can assure you healing is far more stressful then dps/tanking.

As for dps I'd say Lock or s.priest. Being good at not clipping dots but refreshing then can be a pain to track.

I've been a warlock since Open Beta, and now i'm an offtank bear/cat dps when needed. I've always been jealous of classes that have ONE spell as 70% or more of their damage done in Recount. :s

I second that Destro Warlock has the most difficult rotation as ranged now, which is flip side to Shadow Bolt spam in BC.

My Opening Rotation:

Curse of Elements
    Soulburn
    Soul Fire
    Demon Soul
    Immolate
    Conflagrate
    Bane of Doom
    Corruption
    Shadowflame
    Chaos Bolt
    (some things may be switched around depending on how much i have to move to get into position.. sometimes i use Corruption while running in or letting tank get aggro, for example)

Only THEN can i start my rotation with Incinerate spam. Then i have to watch timers and refresh the above, along with using empowered imp procs. That's the kicker though, is the AMOUNT of frickin timers you have to watch. I use ForteXorcist for my timers and my screen is just filled with bars ticking down. I don't even have 4pc T11, so i don't have that proc to watch either, or Fel Flame would have to be in rotation. On my feral, the only timers i need are:

Berserk
    Tiger's Fury
    Rake
    Rip
    Savage Roar

Ultimately what wins Feral in my vote, however, is the Shred positioning requirement. I'd take the warlock rotation any day at ranged over melee range and having to be behind the boss. :S My Offspec is Resto, otherwise i'd be a Boomkin for fights i need to DPS.

I see the arguments for Ret nowadays. Unfortunately, i've never played a Paladin, and they have the reputation as being facerollers that they have to fight.
    Last edited by Torotoro; 2011-04-26 at 09:06 PM.

Voted Warlock just because Affliction is going to start edging out Destro now and Affliction is a pain.

Enhance used to be with constant management of all the abilities plus magma totem, fire nova, and electric shield...i hated fire nova and magma totem.

Also, nice to see this thread was actually taken seriously.
    Last edited by Scio; 2011-04-26 at 09:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Stop being a giant trolling asshole.

Deleted
    There is no way warlocks are the hardest class to play. I raided 10/13 hard modes some in 10 some in 25 man mostly as affliction and compared to a DK, doing great dps as a warlock is childs play.

When I say DK, I don't mean faceroll on keyboard for "some" dps, I mean actually tracking your runes, no keyboard spam, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find my Ret Paladin harder to play (atleast do consistent dps) than my affliction lock... well that was pre 4.1 gotta test it out

10+ Year Old Account
    Without a doubt is is the warlock.

It's a lot to keep track of and the timing has to be good.

I play affliction warlock as main, marksmanship hunter and enhancement shaman as alts.

Marksmanship Hunter for example, is fucking faceroll. So easy to do uberdps even in bad gear.