10+ Year Old Account

How would one send cross realm mail?

Hey, 4.1 is up and all, and I was slightly and mostly curious as to how one would go about sending BoAs cross realm (If that's confirmed to be an option)

Account Bound Items

Many "Account Bound" heirlooms are now labeled as "Battle.net Account Bound", meaning that they can also be traded or mailed to characters that are on different World of Warcraft accounts under the same Battle.net account.
    Mail sent to characters on the same Battle.net account now arrives instantaneously, as it does for the same World of Warcraft account.
    Mailing account-bound items to characters of the opposite faction on the same Battle.net account will now correctly translate faction-specific items to their appropriate equivalent.
    It's this that sparks the question Btw!
    Last edited by Frinata; 2011-04-26 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Insertion of quote

Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

No cross realm heirlooms in 4.1.

It is not an option.
    Bind to battle.net refers to the transfer between accounts on the same battle.net account, and due to that being an external service it is easier to implement than something in-game.
    Cross-realm mail is proving harder to implement and therefore not currently an option.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had thought they implemented that with 4.1? What with re-catagorising all the BoAs to bind on Battle.net account, and I believe I read somewhere on the news posts that they had implemented it... I'll try and find it there

Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    I had thought they implemented that with 4.1? What with re-catagorising all the BoAs to bind on Battle.net account, and I believe I read somewhere on the news posts that they had implemented it... I'll try and find it there
    Computernerd clarified it pretty well in his post above yours .

that has nothing to do with xrealm. it just means that two WoW accounts under the same B.Net account can share heirlooms

10+ Year Old Account
    But I can't trade my Heilooms right now ... why ?? .. Waaaa

10+ Year Old Account
    Added a bit of clerification as to where and why this question originates

Just stop getting your hopes up now. There is absolutely no way to send heirlooms to characters on another realm on the same account. Just stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everett View Post
    Just stop getting your hopes up now. There is absolutely no way to send heirlooms to characters on another realm on the same account. Just stop.
    If you could be a little less of a raging douche, that'd make life easier on everyone, and prevent you from premature Saudomization

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    It is not an option.
    Bind to battle.net refers to the transfer between accounts on the same battle.net account, and due to that being an external service it is easier to implement than something in-game.
    Cross-realm mail is proving harder to implement and therefore not currently an option.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Many "Account Bound" heirlooms are now labeled as "Battle.net Account Bound", meaning that they can also be traded or mailed to characters that are on different World of Warcraft accounts under the same Battle.net account.
    From my understanding of what is being said there, that would be done in game - I can't test it myself though.
    I was pretty hopeful we would be able to send BoA items cross realms today. Even though it was not said anywhere, it was implicit to me from that line in the patch notes (unless we were to assume you can only trade/mail BoA items to characters of a different WoW account but same server, not just the same Battle.net account - this part isn't mentioned there).

Quote Originally Posted by perera View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    From my understanding of what is being said there, that would be done in game - I can't test it myself though.
    I was pretty hopeful we would be able to send BoA items cross realms today. Even though it was not said anywhere, it was implicit to me from that line in the patch notes (unless we were to assume you can only trade/mail BoA items to characters of a different WoW account but same server, not just the same Battle.net account - this part isn't mentioned there).
    Currently not working... tried it.
    2400 EXP Multi-Boxer On Tichondrius Alliance/Horde

10+ Year Old Account
    Bashiok Awnsered the question

The change in 4.1 allows the item to be sent to another character, on the same realm, on another account, that's contained within the same Battle.net account. So if you have two WoW accounts on the same Battle.net account, you can now send items between accounts to characters that exist on the same realm (including cross faction).

It's admittedly pretty limiting. We still want BoA items to truly be BoA, it's just something that will take quite a bit more development time and technical hurdles to overcome. This is one step in the right direction, though.
    Sad face. Oh well, time will come for this to implement fully, good to know though!

If you need something moved from realm to another, just it suck up and start an extra account. Once up and paid for, you can do what you need. Mail Battle.net Account Item 1 from Account A Server X to Account B Server X then to Account A Server Whatever. I see nothing about restrictions on the number of times things can be sent. You could therefore do this as much as you needed and pleased.

---------- Post added 2011-04-30 at 10:02 PM ----------

Oh, and I should add this this is totally ridiculous. Blizz could have done this easily enough and without added cost to the user, but then again, when did Blizz ever seriously concern itself with the user?