Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Who are you replying too? No one mentioned anything to do with HM progression and druids as far as I can see.. perhaps use the quote tool.

I was taken to every progress boss, claiming you can't take a druid because of CD's isn't really true, no boss's need that many raid or tank CD's - plus they can be provided by other rolls - tanks and DPS. The only reason people didn't take druids to perhaps the first few world kills (I say perhaps, since I have seen no evidence except a few unverified claims that every top guild never used a single druid on progression...) is because they were undergearing the encounters which are designed for pretty much full 359 and 372 from the previous boss's, so they had to compensate by class stacking for raid CD's.

Every class has it's strengths and you need a balanced setup in the majority of cases to maximise your raid potential, so no point saying you can outheal class's that bring vital raid CD's when without those CD's the raid would be dead.'

This has went off-topic... so get back on topic ? !
    The person above me. And in the beginning of HM progression druids were not taken because they did not have CDs. Now that everyone is geared correctly for the bosses this is no longer a problem. But, the same thing will happen in beginning firelands HMs.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    Sorry man, but that's wrong. I've played with many fantastic players. There are reasons druids were not taken to HMs during main progression and that is idiotic raid leaders. Progression into hard modes is not limited to smart people. It's also populated with the mindless, those that read a blog post from Paragon (also written by biased, fallible people) and take it to heart and assume it is true without ever reflecting on it. This is human nature. But even more, I am talking about now. Not about the past. Now. After 4.1. Druids are now the strongest healers in game.

My guild is top 100 world but we started 2 months late so I was brought to every progress kill. Go read paragon and other top 50 guilds blogs and they were constantly sat because of not having raid CDs, even though they could top meters on those fights.

Pretending that CDs are somehow worse or druids just stomp every other healing class is just wrong, no matter if you think you're amazing or not. And when firelands comes out the same things will catch up to us. Raiding is about having full class comp. Druids not having CDs is a problem no matter how much healing we can put out.

Anyway as said this is OT. If you want to make a thread about how amazzzing druids are and how you are obviously just the best go ahead. Lets try and keep this on-topic.
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2011-04-30 at 04:32 AM.

The healmeter numbers are pretty useless except to check if any particular healer is slacking. In fact, healing throughput is usually a number that gets WORSE as your raid gets better with an encounter. The tank gets better gear and takes less damage, the raid gets more capable at avoiding the avoidable damage. Many of the the healers in my raid are able to get a WOL ranking on our first kill of some heroic bosses but never manage to match the throughput again in subsequent kills.

There's usually more than enough healing going around that is why there is always overhealing. Some class mechanics do not overheal as much as others, e.g. heal spells that absorb, that are smart, or reacts to damage taken have an advantage over normal heals, which have an advantage over dumb HOTs, and healmeter rankings depend a lot on that too.

So what does a raid leader do? They look at utility.. and that was when resto druids really fell behind.