Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you prefer haste or master as holy?

With the current changes, i'm not completely sure if i'm going to be content with the discipline changes so it's time to get a backup plan and look into holy but thing is, i've always itemized for disc. I know some people prefer the haste, some prefer the mastery but bottom line, which one will give you more throughput for end game raiding?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/baelgun/scrabbles/simple

My haste is currently really low as you can see since I was a bubble bot for the most part.

Haste until 12.5% raid buffed. Then Mastery like a mofo.

Quote Originally Posted by Icarris View Post
    Yeah that part I knew but I heard of some priests stacking haste beyond that point. I haven't played much with holy yet so i'm still kind of stuck in the spam renew phase

Quote Originally Posted by Icarris View Post
    ugh...just, ugh.

OT for the OP: I prefer haste on my holy. I am at 13%+ before raid buffs. Mastery, while nice, went to overheal way too often for me. For details of my raid setup, I am running 10N with 3 heals (Typical setup is Shammy, Druid, and HPriest). Sometimes I am raid healing, other times I am tank or OT healing. (with that said, I am working to get a Disc spec for tank healing because doing it as Holy feels an awful lot like a Square Peg/Round Hole situation).

It's really up to you. Mastery puts a HoT on the target with any heal, even a renew, and it stacks. So it adds to the overall healing that you're doing. But if you want to get out more heals quickly, you need to have the right regen in order to compensate.

Are you doing hard modes though?

Haste. I haven't completely reforged all my mastery away, but with my guild's healing setup I vastly prefer haste. (25man, 8/13 hardmodes, for reference.) It will come down to what you prefer, and which is more effective when you consider your guild's unique healing situation -- getting the heals out to people faster is more of a priority to me than bolstering a HoT that is always very high overheal.

Deleted
    All haste baby!

I aim for 19.05% raidbuffed (10.08% haste from gear with 3/3 darkness and 5% raid buff) which is the amount needed to get your 2.5 second casts down to 2.1 seconds. It takes 25% to get them down to 2.0 seconds. So after 10.08% haste from gear I go for mastery. I prefer a balance myself since most large AoE raid hits are predictable, and mastery does shine in some of those situations.

Being the only raid-healing capable class in my regular runs mastery is amazing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themegatron View Post
    Being the only raid-healing capable class in my regular runs mastery is amazing
    You running with only disc priests? :O

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally prefer Haste. I like my casts going fast.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    I like both and try to keep a fairly equal balance. If I had the option of totally regemming/reforging between encounters that would be my way forwards.

It really depends on the incoming damage and your other healers setup/playstyle

Well to give everyone an idea. We run with 2 resto druids. 2-3 holy pallies, a resto shammy or two sometimes. A holy priest and me a disc priest who might go holy

Deleted
    I used to have the generic 12.5% haste and rest mastery but I quiet often found my mastery was only doing about 10-12% of my healing done on fights when I had like 23% mastery. I always did find my casts to be a tad bit too sluggish for my tastes so I reforged to 11% haste w/o buffs.

But, as others have said, it really is up to your raid set up and how much haste your mana can cope with etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played mainspec holy in awhile, but when I did, I liked keeping my mastery/haste pretty balanced. I think I was close to 20% haste raidbuffed and 17'ish % mastery.

The 12.5% thing is stupid; surprised Kel or Spiritus hasn't said something yet.

Deleted
    The haste "soft cap" for renew is the most retarded thing i've ever heard. And why dont you test out for yourself? The game is more fun that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakra View Post
    The haste "soft cap" for renew is the most retarded thing i've ever heard. And why dont you test out for yourself? The game is more fun that way.
    I'd rather do it right the first time for pushing progression than experimenting and holding the raid back. I'm sure I can do fine but i'd rather be itemized perfectly prior to testing since Blizz hasn't done a portable reforger yet!

Mastery and silly "12.5% haste cap" is for 25man, Haste is for 10man. At least, that's what I've gathered.

I go all haste, I like fast casts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

15+ Year Old Account
    When it's a matter of preference there is no right or wrong...