1. #201
    Immortal Maklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    Obviously the ponies are sent by Satan himself.
    Probably the same people that went nuts over teletubbies some years ago, they chose to be offended by anything

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmen View Post
    This thread is actually getting interesting. Some Bronys found the forum and are actually having a civilized conversation....

    Uh oh, troll card has been played!!!

  3. #203
    You wanna watch this? That's cool. You wanna say it's funny? Yeah, that's your opinion.

    When you say it's not girly or childish, I'm afraid I have to lol at you - and I have to lol hard.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

  4. #204
    Reminding myself on my first post in this thread and my point on the characters are easy to identify in FiM, and not so much in the original show. Judging from Wikipedia, the original show had like a total of 32 different ponies one would have to keep track on, while in FiM it's somewhere around a total of 10, with 5 main ponies. The more I compare the 2, the original show was just a big marketing show, while FiM is a "real" cartoon, not based on marketing. (Captain Obvious)

  5. #205
    Smile! Migari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    u ma xoxo L O V E
    Posts
    5,532
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    This thread is actually getting interesting. Some Bronys found the forum and are actually having a civilized conversation....

    Uh oh, troll card has been played!!!
    I'm surprised. One of them even said they wanted to watch it!

    That moderator seems quite certain that he is correct, though. Doesn't look like a good place for debate.
    http://last.fm/user/migari_migi
    <Anakso> I'd fuck yonghwa because he's so dreamy but that doesn't make me gay

  6. #206
    Herald of the Titans Suikoden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    2,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    You wanna watch this? That's cool. You wanna say it's funny? Yeah, that's your opinion.

    When you say it's not girly or childish, I'm afraid I have to lol at you - and I have to lol hard.
    Why would you feel the need to lol at someone hard for what they say about the show? FYI it's not the generic girlishness... It's actually quite enjoying.

  7. #207
    Such an amazing show.

    Yes it is childish and girly. I guess it comes down to just how secure are you with yourself? If watching a well written, beautifully animated show with an excellent plot is scary for you because ponies are concerned, then I just have to ask why?

    *Edit*

    Pony avatar get!

  8. #208
    Everyone go to youtube and type in "Ponycraft 2" it is the most epic my little pony vid ever!
    Warriors Heroism, Shamans mass dispel, Paladins HOT everyone, for god sakes SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING! - My fearless guild leader

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    This thread is actually getting interesting. Some Bronys found the forum and are actually having a civilized conversation....

    Uh oh, troll card has been played!!!
    Ponychan found it, but most of the people there don't want their show and community blacklisted so most of them refrain from posting anything.

  10. #210
    Im so conflicted. I want that as my avatar but....AJ's eyes!

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by Acerac View Post
    Such an amazing show.

    Yes it is childish and girly. I guess it comes down to just how secure are you with yourself? If watching a well written, beautifully animated show with an excellent plot is scary for you because ponies are concerned, then I just have to ask why?

    *Edit*

    Pony avatar get!
    Mmkay, the only clip of this show I've seen is from this thread, and it's the old "I need you to yell loud!" "Okay, I'll yell loud!" "LOUDER!" routine. All they did was change the characters to ponies...so, may I ask, what's so well written about it? Do you mean the characters themselves, or what? Was that just a bad example?

    And I point out it's childish girlishness because people have claimed it is not 'for little girls'. This would imply it is neither.

    So, who is insecure? The person who points out the obvious, or the person unwilling to accept it?

    I do not dispute it's enjoyability...that's a personal matter, and me telling you that your opinion of it is wrong would be silly...but there are certain things about the show that are hard to deny.
    Last edited by Lightfist; 2011-05-01 at 05:52 PM.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

  12. #212
    I saw a lot of people on this forums with Pony avatars and was like: seriously? People are watching MLP? I decided to check it and was really suprised. I got hooked to the show quickly.
    Animation is well done, all characters are cool ( I rarely find all main characters enjoyable), it's funny, songs are catchy and extra awesomness to show because of references and derpy moments. Finally a good cartoon that isn't about destroying the aliens/robots/monsters/whatever like most of today's cartoons are focused on.

    I don't really get why is there so many people hating the show just because it's about ponies. Don't judge the book by the cover- check out few episodes first. If you still won't like it, that's fine but please don't trash talk without watching it first.

    Anyway, Rainbow Dash FTW!

  13. #213
    Warchief Shroud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Google it
    Posts
    2,056
    My favorite is Big Macintosh......yep.

    yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

  14. #214
    In all fairness, judging the writing of the show based on a single 40 second clip is completely unfair, checking out the newest episode would be a much better way to judge it's merits. It's on youtube now. Watch it in HD for full enjoyment.

    That being said, there are a few things that sell the show to me. The characters' personalities are believable and well developed. While each of the characters is outwardly just a stereotype, throughout the episodes they all recieve a surprising amount of development and backstory, making them all rich characters. Even Applejack, who everyone hates. The stories themselves are interesting, and even if they can be a bit predictable, are engaging. The comedy is the best part of the show however, it is funny without being mean or crude. It is a nice change to see innocent humor instead of the Griffins throwing up on each other for... how long did that clip go? At any rate, it is refreshing.

    Trust me, I know it is a show for little girls. Though in fairness, the creator claims that she was trying to make a family show. Little girls are included in that, but so are guys, even fathers. Disney movies are widely regarded as classics despite obviously having the same target audience. Don't be quick to judge something you've not tried out, you could be missing out on something awesome.

    *Edit*

    Fuck yeah Rainbow Dash.
    Last edited by Acerac; 2011-05-01 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Fuck yeah Rainbow Dash.

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by Phante View Post

    Anyway, Rainbow Dash FTW!
    Rainbow Dash? Thats not how you spell Pinkie Pie.

  16. #216
    Herald of the Titans Suikoden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    2,709
    I LOVE this avatar <3

  17. #217
    Pinkamina Dianne Pie is the funniest pony, but she is not nearly as awesome as RBD.

    Comedy pony ranking:
    Pinkie Pie
    Fluttershy
    Rarity
    Twilight Sparkle
    Rainbow Dash
    Applejack

    Awesome pony ranking:
    Rainbow Dash
    Pinkie Pie
    Twilight Sparkle
    Fluttershy
    Rarity
    Applejack (bottom tier pony)

  18. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by Suikoden View Post
    I LOVE this avatar <3
    Thanks for making up my mind for me

    Brb searching for a Pinkie version

    ---------- Post added 2011-05-01 at 06:17 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Acerac View Post
    Pinkamina Dianne Pie is the funniest pony, but she is not nearly as awesome as RBD.

    Comedy pony ranking:
    Pinkie Pie
    Fluttershy
    Rarity
    Twilight Sparkle
    Rainbow Dash
    Applejack

    Awesome pony ranking:
    Rainbow Dash
    Pinkie Pie
    Twilight Sparkle
    Fluttershy
    Rarity
    Applejack (bottom tier pony)
    Did you see episode 25? If left alone Pinkie would have killed them all i swear.

  19. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by Acerac View Post
    Even Applejack, who everyone hates.
    What? I love AJ!

  20. #220
    Episode 25 was the BEST episode.

    OK so technically Pinkie Pie is better than RBD at speed which is the one thing she does best. She wouldn't be able to do this if RBD didn't set off that sonic rainboom to give her her powers, so Dashie remains #1. Dashie wins all matchups by default as she is the source of everyone's powers.

    *Edit*

    Bah, Applejack. Stubborn as a mule and just starts fights. Seriously is there anypony she hasn't gotten in to a fight with? Rarity constantly, Pinkie in the last ep (pinkie doesn't even seem to like AJ she just uses her to feed her party addiction) RBD because she's jealous that she doesn't have wings (you're cheating because you're using your body hur hur hur) and she screwed over Fluttershy and Twilight during applebuck season.

    Bottom tier pony.
    Last edited by Acerac; 2011-05-01 at 06:23 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •