Im so conflicted. I want that as my avatar but....AJ's eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by Acerac View Post
    Such an amazing show.

Yes it is childish and girly. I guess it comes down to just how secure are you with yourself? If watching a well written, beautifully animated show with an excellent plot is scary for you because ponies are concerned, then I just have to ask why?

*Edit*

Pony avatar get!
    Mmkay, the only clip of this show I've seen is from this thread, and it's the old "I need you to yell loud!" "Okay, I'll yell loud!" "LOUDER!" routine. All they did was change the characters to ponies...so, may I ask, what's so well written about it? Do you mean the characters themselves, or what? Was that just a bad example?

And I point out it's childish girlishness because people have claimed it is not 'for little girls'. This would imply it is neither.

So, who is insecure? The person who points out the obvious, or the person unwilling to accept it?

I do not dispute it's enjoyability...that's a personal matter, and me telling you that your opinion of it is wrong would be silly...but there are certain things about the show that are hard to deny.
    Last edited by Lightfist; 2011-05-01 at 05:52 PM.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Deleted
    I saw a lot of people on this forums with Pony avatars and was like: seriously? People are watching MLP? I decided to check it and was really suprised. I got hooked to the show quickly.
    Animation is well done, all characters are cool ( I rarely find all main characters enjoyable), it's funny, songs are catchy and extra awesomness to show because of references and derpy moments. Finally a good cartoon that isn't about destroying the aliens/robots/monsters/whatever like most of today's cartoons are focused on.

I don't really get why is there so many people hating the show just because it's about ponies. Don't judge the book by the cover- check out few episodes first. If you still won't like it, that's fine but please don't trash talk without watching it first.

Anyway, Rainbow Dash FTW!

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite is Big Macintosh......yep.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

In all fairness, judging the writing of the show based on a single 40 second clip is completely unfair, checking out the newest episode would be a much better way to judge it's merits. It's on youtube now. Watch it in HD for full enjoyment.

That being said, there are a few things that sell the show to me. The characters' personalities are believable and well developed. While each of the characters is outwardly just a stereotype, throughout the episodes they all recieve a surprising amount of development and backstory, making them all rich characters. Even Applejack, who everyone hates. The stories themselves are interesting, and even if they can be a bit predictable, are engaging. The comedy is the best part of the show however, it is funny without being mean or crude. It is a nice change to see innocent humor instead of the Griffins throwing up on each other for... how long did that clip go? At any rate, it is refreshing.

Trust me, I know it is a show for little girls. Though in fairness, the creator claims that she was trying to make a family show. Little girls are included in that, but so are guys, even fathers. Disney movies are widely regarded as classics despite obviously having the same target audience. Don't be quick to judge something you've not tried out, you could be missing out on something awesome.

*Edit*

Fuck yeah Rainbow Dash.
    Last edited by Acerac; 2011-05-01 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Fuck yeah Rainbow Dash.

Quote Originally Posted by Phante View Post

Anyway, Rainbow Dash FTW!
    Rainbow Dash? Thats not how you spell Pinkie Pie.

10+ Year Old Account
    I LOVE this avatar <3

Pinkamina Dianne Pie is the funniest pony, but she is not nearly as awesome as RBD.

Comedy pony ranking:
    Pinkie Pie
    Fluttershy
    Rarity
    Twilight Sparkle
    Rainbow Dash
    Applejack

Awesome pony ranking:
    Rainbow Dash
    Pinkie Pie
    Twilight Sparkle
    Fluttershy
    Rarity
    Applejack (bottom tier pony)

Quote Originally Posted by Suikoden View Post
    I LOVE this avatar <3
    Thanks for making up my mind for me

Brb searching for a Pinkie version

---------- Post added 2011-05-01 at 06:17 PM ----------

Pinkamina Dianne Pie is the funniest pony, but she is not nearly as awesome as RBD.

Comedy pony ranking:
    Pinkie Pie
    Fluttershy
    Rarity
    Twilight Sparkle
    Rainbow Dash
    Applejack

Awesome pony ranking:
    Rainbow Dash
    Pinkie Pie
    Twilight Sparkle
    Fluttershy
    Rarity
    Applejack (bottom tier pony)
    Did you see episode 25? If left alone Pinkie would have killed them all i swear.

Deleted
    Even Applejack, who everyone hates.
    What? I love AJ!

Episode 25 was the BEST episode.

OK so technically Pinkie Pie is better than RBD at speed which is the one thing she does best. She wouldn't be able to do this if RBD didn't set off that sonic rainboom to give her her powers, so Dashie remains #1. Dashie wins all matchups by default as she is the source of everyone's powers.

*Edit*

Bah, Applejack. Stubborn as a mule and just starts fights. Seriously is there anypony she hasn't gotten in to a fight with? Rarity constantly, Pinkie in the last ep (pinkie doesn't even seem to like AJ she just uses her to feed her party addiction) RBD because she's jealous that she doesn't have wings (you're cheating because you're using your body hur hur hur) and she screwed over Fluttershy and Twilight during applebuck season.

Bottom tier pony.
    Last edited by Acerac; 2011-05-01 at 06:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even Applejack, who everyone hates.
    Applejack is one of my favorites...
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm starting to like AppleBloom from that one episode about her cutie mark :3

People like applejack? Huh. Guess there are all kinds of pony fans out there. o_o

Going to call it now, at some point (probally season 2, only 1 episode left this season D

Fluttershy will actually be a faster flyer than Rainbow Dash, Dash will get depressed.

She's already far slower than Pinkie Pie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rainbow Dash / Scootaloo confirmed for best ponies ever
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Why strive to be excellent, when being just mediocre still kills the boss?

FINALLY! i was waiting for this topic to appear in MMO haha, i love this series so far, new styles, new humor, its honestly something acceptable as to the wierd and nasty ugly ponies from before.

hail rainbow crash! ehh i mean dash

I'm starting to like AppleBloom from that one episode about her cutie mark :3
    appleboom is cute honestly , she makes u smile and applejack is cool, i dunno why people wouldnt like her D:

i actually kinda dislike pinky pie. i mean shes ok but her voice is toooo screechy for me and her song / jokes sometimes are just ...out of context xD. like the episode on a barrel , with ponys and buffalos, she sings something nasty about sharing and caring which made the chief buffalo even more irritated LOL.

Deleted
    This still going on...really? :|

It is just a show like any other...not saying it's bad, but to have such big discussion over seems kinda silly.