Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozles View Post
    No, it's not. It wants to be, but fails as the maps are too big and reward campers.

CoD4 wasn't anything special. People praise this game as if it's the Jesus of videogames. If you don't like MW2, then you need a checkup.
    What? No, you're wrong. Battlefield has never tried to be a CoD clone and never will. They may be in the same genre, but Battlefield goes for a completely different pace of gameplay than CoD does. Also, the first Battlefield game was released before to the first CoD game.

Deleted
    This is so definantly going to be what I buy instead of Battlefield 2.

Joking.

Deleted
    BF3 with Destruction 2.0 and updated Frostbyte Engine.

Without knowing what MW3 will bring to the Table, you can tell by now that BF3 will be the far better game

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post
    Which is a CoD Clone...
    using that logic every war related fps is a copy of cod so get used to it

Old news is old.
    BF and CoD are two completely different styles of games just stuck in the same genre, anyone who claims either are a clone of one-another needs a) their eyes tested, b) their brain tested.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, as the Call of Duty franchise is now so whored out, it is basically the Madden of First Person Shooters, I can successfully announce that this year (to no ones surprise), Modern Warfare 3 is being released and created by Infinity Ward. Oh boy... fanboys are happy.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...ames%3Bimg%3B4

Want to buy some uniqueness to the First Person Shooter Market, not a million CoD Clones...
    it's being made by a combination of the remnants of Infinity Ward, Treyarch and Raven i believe
    Last edited by Baygon; 2011-04-27 at 09:30 AM. Reason: spelling
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

for most PC players the CoD series died at COD4 like it did for me. Once I.W removed dedicated servers they basically gave PC players the middle finger all that was left was a bunch of screaming teenage rage induced hackers. R.I.P CoD.

CoD 2 was awesome, CoD 4 was 'okay'. What made CoD4 so great was PROMOD. It made the game 50x more balanced, and everyone has the same advantage.

+ if anyone watched or competed in a semi-high level of play on CoD4 - It was a blast. 2 minute rounds? Extremely tactical? and amazingly fun an easy to understand when watching it.
    PEWPEW

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    With all the fighting and lawsuits being thrown around who knows if MW3 will even be good... I have been a CoD "fanboy" for a while but BF3 looks pretty amazing!

10+ Year Old Account
    People don't really hate the whole CoD series, just the ones made by Treyarch (seriously, they are TERRIBLE!). I'll keep buying CoD games if IW makes em.

That being said...Brink.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

probably the biggest difference between the BF and CoD series isssss.......VEHICLES, when was the last time infinity ward put vehicles in their game? CoD:UO?(god rest it's soul, the best of all the CoDs) but yeah after CoD2 i pretty much quit since it seemed they thought vehicles were not the way to go for multiplayer, still to this day i play BF2 and BF2142

Deleted
    Which is a CoD Clone...
    Hahahaha!
    Oh you...! Silly goose.

Well I say play whatever you feel like, there's plenty to choose from. But Battlefield 3 is looking amazing and I have a good feeling it'll sweep the floor with any competition this year.
    Another classic is born!

The best thing with the Battlefield series is the completely different pace that vehicles give, and the true sensation of war it gives. And with the Frostbite engine, you could start blowing camping squads and snipers up with destructible environments.
    Last edited by mmocb5732d201a; 2011-04-27 at 09:58 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree actually, Modern Warfare 2 was the first COD game i played and i really enjoyed it a lot, haven't touched black ops but a lot of people who i know have played it say it's pathetic, and the curse of the game milking is creeping upon Activision, it happened with Guitar Hero and it looks like their big money maker is dying as well
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll get both.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm kinda attached to Capt. Price and Soap. Yes, I actually enjoy the campaigns. Multi-player is a bonus.

And BF3 looks amazing. I see no reason why both can't fill their own niche.

call of duty 3 forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    I'll get both.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm kinda attached to Capt. Price and Soap. Yes, I actually enjoy the campaigns. Multi-player is a bonus.

And BF3 looks amazing. I see no reason why both can't fill their own niche.
    I agree. The single players for the MW series have been terribly short, but oh so epic.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamslam View Post
    I agree. The single players for the MW series have been terribly short, but oh so epic.
    yeah i actually agree, the MW stories are good, but considering the game is being made by Remnants of Infinity Ward, Raven and Sledgehammer makes it seem like Activision is attempting a final stand kind of revival after the failure of Black Ops

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is a CoD Clone...
    Don't hurt the Battlefield Franchise by saying it's a CoD Clone.. CoD is for the "Rambo's".. Battlefield is for teamwork..
    "When there is an evil justice cannot defeat, what would you do? Would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you carry out your own justice and succumb to that evil?". - Code Geass

Also, here is a link to my Döppelganger ^_^

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo View Post
    How do you define failure?

Black Ops was the most successful of all CoD's ever.
    and Cataclysm has sold the most copies of any WoW expansion thus far, doesn't mean it's a good game.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can successfully announce nothing seeing as it was 'announced' ages ago?

I think only good stuff can come from MW3, especially seeing as BF3 will be putting up a fight, both teams of developers will be trying to up each game to knock out the other.

Personally, I will be buying both. MW2 was one of the best games I ever played. Campaign and Multiplayer wise, until the hacks kicked in. As far as BF3 goes, all it took was those 3 gameplay shorts to be released for me to want it.