poor shadowfiend....

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/19...ed-41-changes/

first they remove friendly dispel and then they lower shadows burst?

blizzard must want everyone disc :S

Deleted
    This is lame, also from a PvE point of view. Such great DPS cooldowns we have.

Edit: Browsing my Cho'gall normal log yesterday, I did 26013.6 effective DPS, and my shadowfiend did 1121.3 of my total effective DPS. Yay, that's 550 dps less, like we aren't struggling with the heroic enrage already...
    Last edited by mmoca20fa69a21; 2011-04-27 at 09:19 AM.

Deleted
    Eh, wut? Does shadowfiend do half damage now with 4.1? That would be something fairly significant... :O What is the reason?

What's with all these undocumented nerfs/changes? These are like, the third or fourth sets of undocumented class nerfs that I've seen so far. Is it that hard to edit them into the patch notes?

And yeah, why nerf Shadowfiend? Seems kinda odd. Did blizz see us near the top of meters and decide to nerf us in the neverending cycle of nerfing classes that are near the general top of meters?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

both a pve and pvp nerf too

if they wanted to nerf discs dmg they could of atleast made it so shadows shadow fiend still hit hard....

Haven't noticed a big change from my raidlog after the patch and before.
    The average hit damage rose by ~600, the average crit damage sank by ~1,3k.
    Overall a dps-loss of 600dps (6700 instead of 7300) on the fiend.

Cogito ergo sum.

*RAGE* Ugh...I don't even know how to comment on this... Not something I wanted to wake up to and find out. x_x

Hrm... well I was going to compare my sf damage from a couple of weeks ago to tonight's to try and quantify this some... however, I did much better tonight at using my sf then I had previously >< Oh well on that thought

Compared my logs and there is really no difference at all

Deleted
    it could be a bug. maybe your shadowfiend scaling has been messed up and is now using your AP instead of your SP. could you try and pop your shadowfiend naked to see if it's something like that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    it could be a bug. maybe your shadowfiend scaling has been messed up and is now using your AP instead of your SP. could you try and pop your shadowfiend naked to see if it's something like that?
    Actually, it was listed in the patch notes as a known issue:

Priest Known Issues

* The Shadowfiend summon does not always attack targets effectively.
    That seems both clear enough to explain why fiend damage is down (it's not hitting like it's supposed to) but oddly vague as well (no reason given).

So raging about this may be premature. The quote can be found in the actual patch notes. Oddly enough, it wasn't listed under known issues on the forums. It's probably very complicated to do patch notes especially right at the end when everyone is getting things cleaned up.

Anyway, FWIW. In any case, it's something that Blizz seems to know about.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2011-04-28 at 07:52 AM.

Well.... the issue of the fiend not always attacking like it should has been an issue since before this patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Well.... the issue of the fiend not always attacking like it should has been an issue since before this patch.
    Apart from it not always moving to and attacking the target when summoned, I hadn't heard of anything else. The language on the patch notes is vague enough that I don't know if this is that or something else entirely. I'm not really one for archiving past combat logs so I can't do a hit-by-hit analysis of pre-patch and now. It's not like Blizz hasn't done stealth nerfs in the past though. Nothing about this in the hotfix notes either.

Thanks for the update, Arlee.