Tirisfal Glades western side

Flying around today i went to check out the western side of tirisfal glades and i found a mushroom circle with a bunch of fey drunk darters flying around it. anyone knows what its for or will be used for? their is a bunch of sickly deer around at lvl 82 as well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironfox13 View Post
    Flying around today i went to check out the western side of tirisfal glades and i found a mushroom circle with a bunch of fey drunk darters flying around it. anyone knows what its for or will be used for? their is a bunch of sickly deer around at lvl 82 as well
    A hidden quest later on
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

There are a few areas that they have made just for fun in before unreachable parts of the map. Have you seen the rabbits running around holding knives in their mouths between barrens and mulgore? I laughed when I first seen them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodenghar View Post
    There are a few areas that they have made just for fun in before unreachable parts of the map. Have you seen the rabbits running around holding knives in their mouths between barrens and mulgore? I laughed when I first seen them.
    I'm going to have to go check this out... reminds me a bit about the rabbit from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

I'll go and try find it again and tell you a more accurate location I noticed it when auto flying to thunderbluff from org.
    edit: LOL just found it, its now dominated by rats wielding duel pistols with human skulls as helmets and its in the north west corner of mulgore you will see on the map a flat location where it says stonetalon pass.
    They also kill other less armed critters around with the pistols haha blizz

---------- Post added 2011-04-27 at 11:19 AM ----------

There must be a cycle on a timer, rabbits just spawned holding axes in their mouths and are now dominating any smaller less armed critters lol
    Last edited by Lodenghar; 2011-04-27 at 01:14 AM.

Western Tirisfal Glades is an area of great significance, lore-wise. It's where the Highborne first made landfall after they were exiled from Kalimdor. Though, it is widely speculated that an Old God rests beneath Tirisifal, because of this excerpt here:

His fleet finally landed on the beaches of the kingdom men would later call Lordaeron. Forging inland, the high elves founded a settlement within the tranquil Tirisfal Glades. After a few years, many of them began to go mad. It was theorized that something evil slept beneath that particular part of the world, but the rumors were never proven to be true. The high elves packed up their encampment and moved northward towards another land rich with ley energies.
    - The Founding of Quel'Thalas

Blizzard may still have plans for this area in the future, especially noted by that strange mushroom you discovered. Otherwise, it is just an easter egg and Blizzard has abandoned that location completely.

Some pictures:

Last edited by Lionhearte0; 2011-04-27 at 01:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    Blizzard may still have plans for this area in the future, especially noted by that strange mushroom you discovered. Otherwise, it is just an easter egg and Blizzard has abandoned that location completely
    Given that it was added with Cataclysm, it's unlikely Blizzard has simply abandoned it. They would have left it completely empty after the world overhaul if they were planning to do that. The addition of level 80+ mobs with the latest patch lends credence to this - something fishy's going on in Tirisfal. We'll probably have to wait a while before we find out more.

Bloodsail Admiral DownButStillOut's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Person who posted pictures, theres a plane at the bottom of the lake also. Could be some sort of reference.
    BeeeeeeeoooooOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOO-FFFSSSHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
    My attempt at being less of a pessimist was choosing Dawnbringer as my choice of server.
    I regret somethings! (like setting this in my signature)

Yeah thats what i was thinking, a refrence to something

10+ Year Old Account
    how luke skywalkers ship sunk to the bottom of the swamp maybe? eh its the only thing i could think of.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Most signs point to an Old God. The High Elves landed there after the War of the Ancients, and a number of them were driven mad by whispers; we all know what that points to. Also, I think Krasus has a hideout there, or something along those lines.