Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammysheep View Post
    but wonder if that goes towards the weekly cap?
    converting valors to conquest does count towards your weekly cap

Deleted
    I for one like this change. Never liked the concept of 5 wins, as it seemed too easy and everyone got decked in pvp epics. If you want your pvp gear work for it. And also ppl getting to higher ratings and sitting on it, if you want your title try a bit harder. On my server most high rated teams are in hardcore pve guilds and got gear carried in first week or two to highest ratings, which is unfair. This wont change that much, you can still play 2s and save ur 3s or 5s rating, but at least it will require more effort instead of 10 mins weekly arenas.

This is insanse if those numbers are not scaling with arena rating... Mindless that i have to win 20 games a week with the new nerfed retri paladin to reach my cap :O

10+ Year Old Account
    this might be interesting for my 1400 rating 2v2, eheheh

maybe i should start playing rated bgs instead?

Quote Originally Posted by merite View Post
    maybe for someone who can't even break 1500, 10 wins is a bit much, the old system was 10 games total on the team..so all you had to do was 3 games, and the team do 10.
    10 whole games? That's too much for you? Gtfo and play hello kitty online!

10+ Year Old Account
    I really wish this dev team would get fired so we can get some people running this game that is not so retarded to pull a stunt like this. That PTR took forever, and that change was huge. There is 0 chance that change not making it onto the PTR was not on purpose.

$%$& these people running WoW Dev now.

Geez, I've played for 5 wins/week so my pal can get geared before we go for any serious rating, but even so we got 2000k rating and that's like 17 games I think. And that's if we win all 17 games, lol, probably more like 23-25 games a week now.

Thanks Blizzard for fixing something that isn't broken instead of stuff that are broken. Retards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melesaria View Post
    Actually it's that I don't have time every week to sit down for 6-8 hours to try and cap conquest points with 20-30 wins for 4 of my toons that I like to arena on. Some of us have lives where we don't actually get alot of time each week to play wow!
    It sounds really odd that you play on 4 toons and now lack time to do so "because you have a life". Act accordingly and play with 1-2-3 toons if it interferes with your personal life.

I think it is a good change. It is not good for the game to win 5 matches per week and get decked in the best PvP gear available. (except T2 weapons).

Nerd rage, seems like the pvpers prefer easy mode epics while the pvers prefer a challenge for their epics.
    While pvpers want to do Less
    The pvers want to do more

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatz View Post
    Nerd rage, seems like the pvpers prefer easy mode epics while the pvers prefer a challenge for their epics.
    Generalization?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatz View Post
    The pvpers want to be able play 1 hr a week or 20 hrs a week depending on their preference. There is no challenge in a grind, just a false sense of accomplishment at the end. Have fun waiting another 2 months for another raid instance!

Deleted
    omg plp always find things to whine about no matter what blizz does...
    ppl even whine about "yes my class is getting buffs epic!!!! But wtf the other class is getting 2 buffs why am i only getting 1 buff"

so its 10 games to be capped now, do you ppl find it hard to win 10 games?

yes it will take longer to get your cap for your 5-10 lvl 85s but they dont make the game around pl having that many toons...
    i even have 5 lvl 85s that i get capped every week, but im not whining about this change..

live with it or quit like 100 ppl a week say they do and are still playing

Deleted
    awesome change...i cant w8 to play 50 arena matches till i'll get my 10 wins

lol 21 wins a week to get capped... not a chance of me playing that much. good thing all my conquest points were going towards maelstrom crystals anyway ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Paladinwtf View Post
    This makes a lot of sense, I hope people read it.
    i guess they will not... as allways

A good change if you ask me.

You guys really aren't getting it.

1) This change hugely impacts everyone who does Arenas: it is at least doubling the amount of Arena game wins each player needs to have to get capped each week. If you are below 1500, it now takes 10 wins instead of 5. Blizzard balances your MMR around the idea of a 50% win percentage, meaning they expected you to play 10 games to win 5, capping yourself out. Last expansion, you could /dance or /afk your way through 10 games per week for points; the pre-4.1 change let people cap early if they get lucky (going 5-0), but if you have a lower win percentage you could end up going 5-13 and do more games than last expansion. This new change doubles the amount of games everyone needs to play. Now your "for fun + points" teams will be running an average of 20 games instead of 10, and the upper-crust PvPers could be required to play an average of 40+ games instead of 10. Between the queue times and how long matches can last (at any level), we are talking about a massive, extra drain on your time.

2) No warning whatsoever. Patch was on the PTR for months, and a fundamental redesign of the Arena system was pushed through like a Congressional earmark on a budget resolution at the 11th hour? Not only that, Blizzard already knows it "may be too low" but they pushed it anyway?

3) All of this smacks as a back-handed move to push Arena players of all stripes into Rated BGs for Conquest Points - "Hey kids, how about 4 Rated BGs instead of 20 Arena matches?" Instead of, you know, admitting that Rated BGs are a failure due to their overall design, and not the reward structure itself.

4) The lack of empathy from obvious PvE players who never Arena'd to save their life is just sad. This is the equivalent of them reducing the VP you get from dungeons from 70 to 35 (or 140 to 70), but leaving the weekly cap the same. How would you feel about suddenly needing to run twice as many heroics per week? Oh wait, "it isn't necessary to cap VP each week" so nothing changes, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering that I am in full BiS epic gear in PvP, this will not matter to me that much, for the rest of this season. However, as for the rest who are not, and for everyone who is going to PvP the coming seasons, this is just over the top. I mean, how the heck are you going to have time to get 20+ wins in Arena per week when having high rating, especially if you have a busy week, in real life?

Granted, 5 wins per week may have been too little, and frankly even less if you do rated BGs, too, but why then couldn't they have made the requirement for keeping your rating active a static number, like it was before "Cataclysm"? What I mean by that, is that even if you have capped for the week, you need to have played let's say 10 games for that week, in Arena, to be able to get the extended Conquest Points cap, the next reset. Then it doesn't matter if you have capped, already, since you still need to play those games to keep your extended cap, if you have enough rating for it.

Deleted

re:

Quote Originally Posted by gilinar View Post
    Back when cataclysm was first introduced, i was one of the people who disliked the system of only requiring 5 games to get your conquest points for the week. however, now that i sit on a 2870 cap and have 2400+ teams, a 135 flat rate seems a bit out of hand. i hardly run rated bgs (most of my server is rather uncoordinated in pvp) so i rely on the arenas for points.. i just don't have the time to sit in 10 minute + queues for an arena at my MMR for more than 20 games. i do hope this number gets increased, otherwise anyone with a high cap is going to suffer without a solid rated bg team.
    If you have so high rating why do you want to get conquest points? you must have the best gear atm. I dont see why u got to get capped every week?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    Geez, I've played for 5 wins/week so my pal can get geared before we go for any serious rating, but even so we got 2000k rating and that's like 17 games I think. And that's if we win all 17 games, lol, probably more like 23-25 games a week now.

Thanks Blizzard for fixing something that isn't broken instead of stuff that are broken. Retards.
    This.
    The new system wasn't broken and there are so many ways to fix higher rating's problems, which actually apply to what? %0.5 of the arena player community only?
    This is not a smart way to solve this at the last second, not smart at all. You have to think about all aspects of the community, you give 7 consecutive valor earning from hcs for casual pve'ers and take away this from pvp'ers? Sorry but I can't calculate the logic behind this and with the "we may have fucked it up a bit, it can be too low, we can arrange that later" remark, it just seems worse.
    Let the well earned flame come, all the way...