Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    hmm im not the best pvper in world. but i do get +- 2,5 k points per weeks. this means i have to win 19 games per weeks. with a win / loss of only slightly over 50 %, i have to play nearly 40 games over a weeks course. a game lasts 10-15 (caster melee dps, heal shamman at a very hard battled rating range, shortly under 2,2 weapon cutoff) mins, with 5-10 mins que time. this means 25 per game by 40 = 1000 minutes, or 16,7 hours auf arena (upper cap, of course some games ar faster). for the weekly cap. omfg. this cant be real.

this is just sad :/ way to low

Deleted
    tbh this change is needed to stop all the people farming arena under 1hr now its gonna take longer and might give rated bgs a chance

Well I have to say as a pvper I actually like the change. This whole culture of 5 wins in less than an hour on one evening to get cap and then forget it for another week is just rubbish. Its been far to easy to get decent gear and pretend to be a pvper. Just about everyone does the mandatory 5 wins per week and imo it was spoiling pvp. People should do arena because they enjoy it, where does it say u cant spread out your arena matches over the week? 10 wins is still not alot over a 7 day period and those that lose way more than they win might actually learn some skill in order to get the gear!

Quote Originally Posted by dragonx View Post
    tbh this change is needed to stop all the people farming arena under 1hr now its gonna take longer and might give rated bgs a chance
    jk 10 min queues 30 min games still ~50% win ratio if you aren't getting 2200 teams vs your ~100 avg team rating
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by redraven937 View Post
    4) The lack of empathy from obvious PvE players who never Arena'd to save their life is just sad. This is the equivalent of them reducing the VP you get from dungeons from 70 to 35 (or 140 to 70), but leaving the weekly cap the same. How would you feel about suddenly needing to run twice as many heroics per week? Oh wait, "it isn't necessary to cap VP each week" so nothing changes, right?
    I am sorry, but I will never have empathy for anyone, who think they need to reach a cap in the game just because there is a cap.
    I have Arena'd and a lot. Hundreds of games per week some times. And not just because of rewards, but because I actually enjoyed the process.
    And of course it isn't necessary to cap VP each week.
    No caps are mandatory in this game. They are just there to stop the extreme kind of nolifers to outprogress others by miles and then QQ how there is nothing at all to do in the game.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBron View Post
    10 whole games? That's too much for you? Gtfo and play hello kitty online!
    You forgot to read down to the part where I, personally, have to do 23 wins.

And when I have 4 characters. Yes, it's a bit much. Sure, on my main most weeks I play much more than that, on my alts..not really. But if I don't play 40 games one week, I won't get 3k conquest..if this continues into S10, where I actually need conquest, I will be very upset.

And yeah, 10 wins is a bit much for your average casual. That's on average, like 20 games, less if you play a decent comp, with good gear, a lot more if you're trying like hpally/rogue, because no one else will play 10 wins with you.

Stupid troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonx View Post
    It is a terrible change, regardless. Sure, doing rated BGs will make it easier to cap, but take note to three important points:

1: It will still take a lot of time winning all the rated BGs, at high ratings.

2: The amount of wins required in either Arenas or rated BGs will too be many, especially when considering that you simply do not win 100% of the games, which is actually impossible to begin with, unless you are too good for that current rating (Low ratings, that is.).

3: You can pretty much forget playing an alt, in PvP, since you will probably not have time to cap for more than one character.

This is a terrible change to anyone who is a top PvPer and is doing well. You can barely even guarantee that you will be able to cap each week, which is essential if you want to stay on top, when you aren't in BiS gear, which is a huge percentage of the PvP playerbase.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2011-04-27 at 08:28 AM.

Honestly I like the change more matches = more rating increases, I thought 5 matches originally was a bit low for arena basicaly the system was spend MAYBE an hour doing arena get the 5 matches and wait till next tuesday (this was an unbelievably dumb system). Not only that but the absurd amount of guild rep we got today from doing them was freaking amazing.

Also if you're complaining about having to do more fights in higher end arena and never being able to get your points, if you're in a high end rating you...really....don't.....need more gear? You should be sitting on a very large amount of vicious pieces and half the time your comps are just gonna get rolfstomped by the better ones anyway. The rating system exists to make sure you stay in the bracket that you belong in until you get better it's just the way it was. I did 2's today with my teammate and had some trouble at the beginning but then got in the knick of things again after not doing arena for a week and got our 10 wins in no time.

Right now, you just do arenas one day a week (except if you're grinding rating). This change will probably make people do arenas several days a week, which should be the case, and not just go into arenas one day for two hours.

Having said that, I'm not too sure I like these changes. I think what they're trying to do is legit, but I don't think it's the best way to do it.

As for RBG, it will be even easier to cap Conquests for your standart 5 2.7k+ rated players and 5 100-200 rated rating tanker alt combo team. You'll still be gaining rating of your mains up slowly and fast Conquests by obliterating the averate 1.4k trade pug you generally meet.

Tbh, this kind of system abuse is what must be fixed ASAP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ny0ka View Post
    Well I have to say as a pvper I actually like the change. This whole culture of 5 wins in less than an hour on one evening to get cap and then forget it for another week is just rubbish. Its been far to easy to get decent gear and pretend to be a pvper. Just about everyone does the mandatory 5 wins per week and imo it was spoiling pvp. People should do arena because they enjoy it, where does it say u cant spread out your arena matches over the week? 10 wins is still not alot over a 7 day period and those that lose way more than they win might actually learn some skill in order to get the gear!
    Except that it penalizes the people who are actually playing at high ratings, while people who only try to cap and do not work for their ratings get the least amount of problems capping, since they simply have a smaller cap, to begin with!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticCookie View Post
    So it's 10 games per week rather than 5 now? *in monotonous voice* Way to go Blizzard keep on good work killing the game damn wrath babies I'm quiting for Rift
    wrath babies? ismell troll?
    cos u had to play 10 games before to get wins
    10 wins aint hard
    stop complaining and go to rift then if its so much better

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Except that it penalizes the people who are actually playing at high ratings, while people who only try to cap and do not work for their ratings get the least amount of problems capping, since they simply have a smaller cap, to begin with!
    But it makes sense; People at higher ratings will have to work harder. It's only logical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelcor View Post
    Honestly I like the change more matches = more rating increases, I thought 5 matches originally was a bit low for arena basicaly the system was spend MAYBE an hour doing arena get the 5 matches and wait till next tuesday (this was an unbelievably dumb system). Not only that but the absurd amount of guild rep we got today from doing them was freaking amazing.

Also if you're complaining about having to do more fights in higher end arena and never being able to get your points, if you're in a high end rating you...really....don't.....need more gear? You should be sitting on a very large amount of vicious pieces and half the time your comps are just gonna get rolfstomped by the better ones anyway. The rating system exists to make sure you stay in the bracket that you belong in until you get better it's just the way it was. I did 2's today with my teammate and had some trouble at the beginning but then got in the knick of things again after not doing arena for a week and got our 10 wins in no time.
    If they had gone with the idea that you only need to do 10 games, I would not have complained, since that's the system that was used since Arena got introduced in "TBC". This, however, is simply just stupid. It penalizes people with alts to such a degree that it's not worth playing more than one character in PvP and it penalizes high rated people who are still gearing up and makes it even uncertain if you can even cap for the week.

If they don't want people to be able to cap their Conquest Points, why couldn't they have lowered the 3k maximum cap to a lower number, instead? Why couldn't they have made it a requirement to do a certain amount of games to be able to keep their cap, in the bracket? Why penalize a high rated player's Conquest Points income, if they are still gearing up? They could have done a much better job fixing the issues they were set out to do, but instead they created even more problems when the issue was not even big, to begin with.

Deleted
    If they had gone with the idea that you only need to do 10 games, I would not have complained, since that's the system that was used since Arena got introduced in "TBC". This, however, is simply just stupid. It penalizes people with alts to such a degree that it's not worth playing more than one character in PvP and it penalizes high rated people who are still gearing up and makes it even uncertain if you can even cap for the week.

If they don't want people to be able to cap their Conquest Points, why couldn't they have lowered the 3k maximum cap to a lower number, instead? Why couldn't they have made it a requirement to do a certain amount of games to be able to keep their cap, in the bracket? Why penalize a high rated player's Conquest Points income, if they are still gearing up? They could have done a much better job fixing the issues they were set out to do, but instead they created even more problems when the issue was not even big, to begin with.
    Why does nobody mention that rated BG's give 3 times the Conquest Point value? I think they try to lure people to do more rated BG's.

BTW does anybody know for certain that valor to conquest conversion will count towards cap? Because if that is the case then people will just do 7 HC's each week and 1 or 2 arena games to hit the cap. So even less people will be doing arena's than before. That is if the valor -> conquest conversion counts towards the cap of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xzbbzx View Post
    But it makes sense; People at higher ratings will have to work harder. It's only logical.
    Well, playing 20+ games at high rating to cap, plus not having a 100% win rating (Which is statistically impossible.), plus having games that can last up to 40 minutes, will make it more than just "some" extra work (Think of it as hours upon hours of playing.).

Besides, the people at high ratings have always worked harder to get their rating and gear, anyway, so how exactly does your point actually matter, when it's already the case?

The answer is simple: don't get the 3k cap on all of your alts.
    They simply can't balance the game around people, who want to be high rated and weekly conquest capped on a legion of alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Melesaria View Post
    Actually it's that I don't have time every week to sit down for 6-8 hours to try and cap conquest points with 20-30 wins for 4 of my toons that I like to arena on. Some of us have lives where we don't actually get alot of time each week to play wow!
    You talking about R/L and doing with 4 toons PvP ? Holy cow ... drop your toons to two ... and you are fine - why 4 toons because you can ?