Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    The reason they are comparing is because its based on a similar reward value in gear. Currently people do 5 wins etc to cap. I know people in full vicious/t2 weapons at 2400+ rating who have a whopping total of 140 arena matches this season - most their wins were sub 6minute fights with 5minute queues. So 5 matches per hour/hour and a half per week. In comparison, a person in full tier would raid for 3 hours per night, generally 2-3 nights per week to compete in the other aspect. This is why so many people in heroics have full vicious because its easy mode to higher dps/gearscore.

If you think 8'ish hours per week is your entire existence, then wtf are you playing a MMORPG in the first place for? 1 hour per day is very minimal to stay competitive. Also if you have been playing arenas long enough this season, and high enough, the only reason for you to need to cap points is for gold or such as you would have full PvP gear set and probably secondary spec (if hybrid) mostly done.

I think the points should scale however so 10 wins/15wins per week caps points.
    the so called competitive aspect of the game has done nothing but creating a huge gap between casual players and high end users.

This gap actually discouraged many players to avoid playing arena.

It has done so in past arena seasons since TBC. The "5 win system" and easy and flexible access to basic gear to stay somewhat competitive (really competitive guys would farm for PVE trinket, rings etc that will give them advantage in pvp in future as they have done so before ) abolished those bullshit gaps that ruined arena in previous expansion.

now, it is nothing but a stress factor.

keep in mind that MMORPG is NOT about farming gears and achieve some higher statistic values in gearscore. You really don't wanna bring down RL resume update race to stay "competitive in market" into video game.

Quote Originally Posted by MagusUnion View Post
    I sense there will be rage about this...
    Yup, it was the final nail in the coffin for my boyfriend. He has decided to let his sub lapse simply because of this change.