Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is Amazon trustworthy and safe? buying headset.

Hi,
    I'm looking to buy a headset for around $150 AUD, from Australia obviously, and the top of the range headsets are around $250 here in retail stores but on amazon the same headsets are around $120?

It seems like it's too good to be true to me, especially how aussie dollar is higher than americans at the moment.

So has anyone used www.amazon.com before? (would be helpful if i get any feedback from australians btw especially!) is there shipping good?
    thanks in advance

EDIT: Also, if anyone could lend some help on some top end headsets that would be greatly appreciated also!
    Last edited by olli576; 2011-04-26 at 12:17 PM.

Deleted
    I use Amazon UK all the time and am consistently impressed by how quickly I receive items, they also have a very good returns policy if anything you do receive isn't up to your standards.

Dunno about in Australia, but in the UK Amazon has been absolutely fantastic for me, lower prices than retail shops, depending on when I placed orders the delivery could be the next day, and hell, sometimes even getting stuff before it's released (ordered something that came out 2 days after Christmas for my sister's gift, came two days BEFORE Christmas, was awesome). It may seem to good too be true, but it's damned true!

I've bought several books from Amazon, and it's very safe.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've bought several items through US Amazon (books, movies, games, exercise equipment), and I've never had any issues with my payments or shipping. Quality has always been outstanding, and customer service has always been wonderful.

If there's one online retailer you can feel safe using, it's probably amazon. though i don't know how being from australia will affect it.

Okay, thanks for the fast responses
    I'm looking at buying TurtleBeach x41 or a pair of logitechs btw.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Years long customer of Amazon. Only ever had one problem which was fixed in a timely manner. They are most trust worthy.

I can only say good things about Amazon. It's so good, and I use it so often, I even pay for Amazon prime (nearly always next day delivery).

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Amazon is an amazing site.

The only thing you need to worry about being 'trustworthy' though is the brand of headphones your getting.
    Review ratings, all of that.
    Personally, never had an issue with a Logitech piece of equipment though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazon is quick, reliable and cheap. Never, ever had an issue with them

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazon is a great site! I always receive my packages rather quickly and it's not bad for slightly used items at a good price.
    As a student, I have a Prime account and receive free 2 day shipping. It's something to look into if you have a college email, as you get a free year membership.
    I've never had any problems with Amazon other than that you can't pay with Paypal *tear* so I have to use my debit.
    I don't have a fancy signature right now.

It is trustworthy assuming you're buying directly from Amazon. If you have to go to some other seller that is listed on Amazon make sure you check out the "Seller Rating." My mom ordered Mad Men for me for Christmas from a low rated seller and we ended up never getting it. So if you can, make sure the seller is Amazon, and if you can't do that, then find the highest rated seller.

Yes, I have bought multiple Xbox games from them. Good price, fast shipping, all around good expirience.

i've not had any complaints when buying from Amazon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mende View Post
    It is trustworthy assuming you're buying directly from Amazon. If you have to go to some other seller that is listed on Amazon make sure you check out the "Seller Rating." My mom ordered Mad Men for me for Christmas from a low rated seller and we ended up never getting it. So if you can, make sure the seller is Amazon, and if you can't do that, then find the highest rated seller.
    What he said, If you can buy it from Amazon themselves, that means you will defiantly get your package!
    Quote Originally Posted by sivenom View Post
    That's like saying I can put my graphics card in my dog's skull and she'll see everything in HD tri-color sparkles. Are you really saying we can upload Rebecca Black intot heir system and scramble their defense turrets? Maybe smack on a Java RNG program and cause their weapons to self destruct. Tell you what aliens, come at me! I know C++!! /endrant

10+ Year Old Account
    How can you be old enough to buy nice things online but have never heard of Amazon? Live a little.
    Being a 'casual' is not an excuse to be ignorant or bad at the game, so please quit associating one with the other.

Amazon is great, they often have really nice specials. I've had the occasional problem with a shipment, and it was always cleaned up quickly and without much headache.

I'd be more careful of third-party sellers on their site. I've had a lot of good experiences but a couple of difficult to resolve issues, and I've known several people who've purchased something from a seller who vanished.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazon is great, but be wary of their 3rd party dealers, they're essentially e-bay sellers. I've never had any problems with any order through Amazon though.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Amazon is amazing. I buy video games, movies, and other random things there. Their shipping time is awesome, and you can get great deals on stuff. It works for me because I live in the middle of no where, and I can't find some of the stuff I need in town. Amazon to the rescue.