Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    One more question, does the Demon Soul for the felhunter affect BoD? or just corruption and BoA? im pretty sure it affects BoD but some input would be nice. Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Volviga View Post
    Questionable:
    - Hellfire
    - Immo Aura

Both Hellfire and Immo Aura are considered a DoT (at least, Hellfire is). But do these affect Shadow Bite?
    And what about the Immo Aura the Infernal emmits? Since your pet spells are in general counting as your own spells?
    I'm guessing 'No' for both of those. Neither one debuffs the target and Shadow Bite says
    Bite the enemy, causing (142 + (1.228 * ($SP * 0.5))) Shadow damage plus an additional 30% damage for each of your damage over time effects on the target.
    Same for the Infernal aura. All are buffs which deal damage to targets around the caster, not debuffs on the targets they affect. I was thinking it was specifically shadow DoTs, but apparently not.

As for pet choice for Demo, I'm sticking with Sucubus for single target and Fel Guard for AoE until I see a simcraft with different answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Volviga View Post
    Wich DoTs affect Shadow Bite? Is it vialable for a Demo Lock to use Drain Life instead of Shadowbolt, during a phase in wich countless things proc or are activated (Meta, trinkets, Demon Soul)?

Wich DoTs do actually count for Shadow Bite?
    - BoD
    - Corruption
    - Immolate
    - Shadowflame DoT
    - Drain Life (I'm fairly sure about this one, but I might be wrong)

Questionable:
    - Hellfire
    - Immo Aura

Both Hellfire and Immo Aura are considered a DoT (at least, Hellfire is). But do these affect Shadow Bite?
    And what about the Immo Aura the Infernal emmits? Since your pet spells are in general counting as your own spells?
    Shadow Bite is increased by dots on the TARGET, dots that actually places a debuff. Hellfire and such would do nothing...

I can confirm that the felhunter is the new pet of choice for demo on single target. I did some testing on the raid dummy and the felhunter is a 1400+ dps boost. Also, i saw a couple 50k + crits. I tested both pet for 5 min without shadowflame (only immolate, corruption and BoD).

For me, succubus was doing 3800 dps and the felhunter 5200 dps. Also, using the felhunter leave a space for a new prime glyph.

Interrupt + 50k crits? Yes mister

Edit: I also saw 28k crits on the Doomguard. All this self buffed on the raid dummy.

Reedit: I fail, i forgot to put glyph of Lash of Pain during the test... But still, the succubus is 500 dps under the felhunter. So you still have 500 dps, interrupt, prime glyph and awesome 50k crits
    Last edited by Morogoth; 2011-04-28 at 01:17 AM.

Deleted
    As demo, he did a couple of 76k crits for me last night.

Incoming nerf

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanoku View Post
    Shadow Bite is increased by dots on the TARGET, dots that actually places a debuff. Hellfire and such would do nothing...
    Yeah, I noticed it yesterday, I was testing it on a dummy, and Felhunters dps wasn't increased while doing Hellfire on it.

Now another question: Felhunter Demon Soul does increase DoT damage, so wouldn't Hellfire and Immo Aura be increased, since they are considered DoTs...

Deleted
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/g...um/damageDone/
    Ohai !! These are selected Bites... just quickly some "big ones" i saw from the log browser.
    The average hit was 22.2k
    The average crit was 49761

[21:33:40.523] Fzuughun Shadow Bite Toxitron *76302*

[22:04:46.216] Fzuughun Shadow Bite Magmaw *69909*
    [22:06:40.939] Fzuughun Shadow Bite Exposed Head of Magmaw *113842*
    [22:06:47.382] Fzuughun Shadow Bite Exposed Head of Magmaw *79307*
    [22:06:53.829] Fzuughun Shadow Bite Exposed Head of Magmaw *91873*
    [22:08:33.338] Fzuughun Shadow Bite Exposed Head of Magmaw *101908*
    [22:18:29.294] Fzuughun Shadow Bite Magmaw *39856*

I haven't seen a huge difference so far, either in dummy testing or raiding. Yes Shadowbites are nice big numbers, but that's like one 1 out of every 3 attacks. Just looking at pet damage, I've seen better results with Glyphed succubus. she was like 5.6k avg for 5 min on a raid dummy, while the felhunter was 5.3k, both were using normal rotation, full dots, etc.

Now, that doesn't take into account total dps. The demon soul for the succubus, while boring, definitely outperformed the demon soul of the felhunter, although the felhunters basically lines up with every other BoD, and it does give a nice boost to that when up. The other change is obviously glyph of incinerate, which can be a big boost, or mostly unnoticed if you get unlucky with MC procs. Personally, I did not find different vastly different numbers between testing the two, with the succ actually giving more total dps, but I also did not test exhaustively for hours.

I will probably lean towards continued use of the succubus because she hits air phase bosses and can switch targets quicker when needed. I feel like the advantages of ranged attacks will be more worth it during almost all raid bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    And how is that any different with Felhunter and Affliction now? I'm talking about the pet skill alone.
    the pet is critting about 3k on people with resilience. with full dots up. If they buffed felguard the pet would be even more op.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh, going from the succubus to the felpup is the last thing i hoped for... why can't they just make the mastery only apply to felguards or something, or nerf Felguard in a way that only affects PvP and buff it in a PvE manner? Like, remove the healing debuff or something... I like big numbers, but seriously, it just makes us look bad, having to run with a felpup as demo... Thinking about switching to affy almost, at least then it doesn't look ridiculous...

PS: For people that don't get what i mean by not fitting demonology: "So, what do you specialize in?" "I specialize in badass demons, look, I can transform to a huge demon, and I have this huge awesome Fel... owait, let's just focus on the 'I can transform' part"
    Like making Penance useless for a discpriest, waterelemental not being worth the GCD to summon it for frostmage, making death coil better than frost strike for frostdk, do I have to make this list any longer?
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

There's always 2 sides of the arguement - some people want a Demonologist to use different pets based on different situations (hence the "mastery of demons") while on the other hand, some people want to have a signature pet that overshadow everything else. As of now, the Felguard is anything but useless - you summon him for AoE fights, for short dungeon fights, or even use him for the Demon Soul at the beginning of the fight and then switch to a higher dps pet...
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    so far i've had a few 80k+ crits ( without any fancy +dmg debuff on boss) and even a 160k crit on magmaw.
    Gotta say I love felpuppy except its shitty demonsoul ( i play demo)