Arthas and Starting a new DK

So my fiance started a new DK after Cata and we thought nothing of it at the time. But now looking back on it we realized that while she was in the starting area she was getting quests from Arthas. Ummmm isn't he dead? I think something needs to be changed there.

Think of time-bubbles.

it's the same situation for going from revamped azeroth zones to outland - time travel.

Deleted
    Oh shi-

I didn't notice!

10+ Year Old Account
    The DK quests are in the past when the Deathknights first break free of Arthas' control. when you leave the phased questing area you are then in the present.

Deleted
    arthas died a very long time ago, hes the lich king not arthas.

and yes hes dead, but i litterally killed him 25 times.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SomethingcooKiljaeden View Post
    Ummmm isn't he dead? I think something needs to be changed there.
    Yes. We went back in time and killed him.

Joking aside, if you didn't know the DK quest chain takes place between Classic and BC, before Arthas even really showed himself. Even during Wrath, when the quests first took place.

Thus he's still alive during those quests.

Think of it as reliving a memory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by colton View Post
    arthas died a very long time ago, hes the lich king not arthas.

and yes hes dead, but i litterally killed him 25 times.
    Arthas didn't die untill the Lich King did. Haven't you seen the statue in Dalaran?

On-topic: as has already been said; time travel. Death Knights still need their special introduction, removing that would be like having Worgen and Goblins starting in Teldrassil/Durotar

10+ Year Old Account
    DK Quest Zone takes place before the events of the Wrath of the Lich King expansion.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

Pre-Cata:
    Arthas Rages

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if future updates bring the Northrend storyline up to date in current lore and have Arthas dead, it's unlikely the death knight starting zone will ever change. Just consider it to be taking place before the main events of Wrath of the Lich King.

Quote Originally Posted by SomethingcooKiljaeden View Post
    So my fiance started a new DK after Cata and we thought nothing of it at the time. But now looking back on it we realized that while she was in the starting area she was getting quests from Arthas. Ummmm isn't he dead? I think something needs to be changed there.
    The DK starting zone was ORIGINALLY designed to be in the past, then it leads up to the future...so it always makes sense.