'Optimize Network for Speed' and Leatrix Latency Fix

I'm just wondering, now that the new 'Optimize Network for Speed' option has been added to the game...do I need to use the Leatrix Latency fix anymore as they sound like they do the same thing?

Optimize Network for Speed - "Optimize network for speed" will be enabled by default, and will send packets more frequently at the cost of higher bandwidth. The higher bandwidth may lead to disconnects for some players who have limited bandwidth. Players getting disconnected frequently should try unchecking this box.

Leatrix - Leatrix Latency Fix is a script which will lower your online gaming latency significantly by increasing the frequency of TCP acknowledgements sent to your game server.

Should I keep using both or will the new 'Optimize Network for Speed' option cover it?

They're not the same thing.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Sweet, I'll leave them both enabled then. Thanks for the info.

Deleted
    They seems to be both addressing the same feature, but probably do so in a different manner.

So why chose if you can have both?

10+ Year Old Account
    I suggest not enabling that option for now till they address some issues.
    Blue quote:
    We are aware that some players are becoming stuck at the Retrieving Character List screen. If you are experiencing this issue, please click the Options button on your log in screen, then go to Network and ensure that the 'Optimize Network for Speed' box is checked.

This temporary workaround should allow you to play, but you may experience increased latency. We are currently working to resolve this issue and we will provide further updates and information as soon as they are available.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Deleted
    the general way network traffic works is that a server sends a package, waits for ack response (acknowledgement that it arrived) from the client before sending a second package. on a timeout (too long waittime), the server resends the package. however, windows default setting is that you only reply every 2 packets. this means that the first package times out by default and it needs to be resent. the leatrix fix changes the reply frequency to 1 package, which means that the server doesn't need to send every package 2 times.

the WoW change is different: normally, windows saves several packages and sends them out every X milliseconds. this change means that the packages aren't saved, but sent as soon as they are requested to be sent. at least, this is how i think it works.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I'm glad Blizzard finally put this in the game client itself. Now I don't have to suffer the strange behavior of everything else with acknowledgement timing at 1. In fact, turning the new option in game on and disabling the TCPAckFrequency and NoDelay tweaks improved my network response..!

Probably OT but just wanted to say.
    red panda red panda red panda!