[Warrior] Who do you focus - your healer or your enemy?

I see a lot of discussion of macros that take advantage of having your healer focused - eg. Intervene focus; or your enemy focused - eg. pummel focus.

It seems silly to have both, so I'm guessing people stick to one or the other. What do you do?

Deleted
    seeing as you in at least an arena would know the actual name of your healer there is really no need to use any type of focus macros for that scenario.

Deleted
    You focus your healer and let you healer focus there healer.
    Then also put on focus of focus

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    seeing as you in at least an arena would know the actual name of your healer there is really no need to use any type of focus macros for that scenario.
    This.

10chars

Deleted
    Having your healer as your focus lets you also track the debuffs on your healer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwow View Post
    Having your healer as your focus lets you also track the debuffs on your healer.
    ...doesn't the normal wow unit frames show debuffs in the open? I wouldn't know I haven't used them since forever.
    either way if they don't you could always try downloading something that allows for a bit more customisation such as shadowed unit frames so you won't have to focus your healer to actually see the person's buffs and debuffs.

while we're at it I also reccomend that you download gladius.

Usually you'll know on a specific encounter whether an healer-focus or enemy-focus is more important and use the appropriate one. Interrupt on an off-target? Enemy focus. Otherwise? Healer focus.

Edit: Facepalm, it's a PvP forum. In BGs, I'd probably focus the nearest healer. In arena you should have his name hardcoded into your macros anyway.
    Last edited by Renowned; 2011-04-27 at 11:21 AM.

Deleted
    ...doesn't the normal wow unit frames show debuffs in the open? I wouldn't know I haven't used them since forever.
    either way if they don't you could always try downloading something that allows for a bit more customisation such as shadowed unit frames so you won't have to focus your healer to actually see the person's buffs and debuffs.

while we're at it I also reccomend that you download gladius.
    Normal arena frame unit will become a raid frame. WoW standart UI raid frames dont have debuff tracking (in detail)

Interesting. The replies here are split between always focus healer, always focus enemy, and switch focus depending on the fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bornslippy View Post
    Interesting. The replies here are split between always focus healer, always focus enemy, and switch focus depending on the fight.
    Also depends on the peoples setup If they play double dps there is no friendly healer to focus etc

I dont have a problem with it cuz when I am in a BG or an arena I have my, say intervene macro with the healers name in it and focus the one I want to focus pummel or focus fear. If I need to know if my healer got any problems he yells at me on skype or I see it on his unit frame.

Always focus enemy healer OR enemy dps that you are going to peel. Honestly you should be switching your focus all fight long. You focus healer to start for focus charges / interrupts / throwdowns / fears, however, if you find yourself in a situation needing to peel 2 targets off one of your team mates, you swap focus to the dps oyu arent targeting to use said abilities on him instead.

Absolutely no reason to focus your healer. Only macro you need your healer in is Intervene (/cast [@PLAYERNAME] Intervene; [mod:shift,@PLAYERNAME] Intervene). That macro would allow you to intervene both of your partners in arena. Never set your focus to a friendly target...

This is coming from 2400 exp warrior