Succy still beating felhunter?

I dont know if its just me, but my succy is doing 3.4k on heroic dummy, while my felhunter with all my dots on dummy is only doing 2.4k.

And i'm not even using succy's glyph.My spec is 32/3/6.

What's going on?

have you noticed that the felpuppy's shadow bite crits for insane amounts? 34k with only fel armour in a 5 man But yeah rng is rng. only true way to test it is to raid with both pets for an extensive period of time
    [21:24:13] [G] [80:Exeption]: i'm a warlock kinda harry potter myself
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    hes not that technologically advanced, all he needs is google and a right hand

Check to make sure all the pets attacks are counting under the pet on the dummy. I know as destro the imps firebolt counts but the constant DoT from a destro talent (which also comes from soulfire I think, dont play destro for awhile now) which comes from the imps firebolt 90% of the time actually counts under the players dps.

Its possible one of its damage sources actually is attributed to the player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Succubus attacks are Shadow Damage and therefore ignore armour, the Felhunter's melee attacks do not. That is what you're seeing when you're attacking a dummy - with full raid buffs and debuffs the Felhunter should overtake.

34k? Nonsense!

This baby is now officially my pet of choice for single target.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

wow... thats a shittone of dmg

And UA backlash hit the resto shammy in my last match for 1/3 of his HP.

My oh my, this is going to be a beautiful week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

I have to agree, the Felhunter is sick now... I am afraid it wont be long before it gets nerfed and becomes useless again.

Quote Originally Posted by Calabera View Post
    I have to agree, the Felhunter is sick now... I am afraid it wont be long before it gets nerfed and becomes useless again.
    Like every time, Conflagrate and other "OP" spells. They let it be months on PTR, and after it hit Live, they nerf it in few days this is one of reasons why half of locks stop play our class. One of bases torture is to give hope, and then pick away.
    Guild Website - server EU-Drak'thul (Horde)
    www.impiks.cz

Deleted
    I used my felhunter before the patch.. I just love it now..

My damage sources on single target is like:
    1. Drain Life
    2. Unstable Affliction
    3. Shadow Bite

Its nuts that 1 pet ability is our tertiary damage source.
    Last edited by Delia; 2011-04-27 at 08:07 PM. Reason: fix'd

Quote Originally Posted by Delia View Post
    My damage sources on single target is like:
    1. Drain Life
    2. Corruption
    3. Shadow Bite

Its nuts that 1 pet ability is our tertiary damage source.
    You need to work at UA uptime :P It should be above Drain Life and well above Corruption. However, yes - Shadow Bite is doing nicely.
    Hopefully we can go at least three weeks without a "hotfix"

You need to work at UA uptime :P It should be above Drain Life and well above Corruption. However, yes - Shadow Bite is doing nicely.
    Haven't played aff srsly since early Cata, its my favorite spec tho, so i'm happy it's back on top... UA was definitely ahead in dungeons where i multi-target a lot, but DL always seems to end up on top on a single dummy, even with close to 100% uptime on UA. Haven't gotten to raid yet, since too many people were QQ'ing yesterday that their addons weren't working so they couldn't possibly raid >.>

OT: om nom nom 30-40k shadowbites w/o raid buffs

More OT: Keep in mind its not just the straight damage from the felhunter that you need to look at, he also allows for a far superior demon soul, and the use of a different 3rd glyph.
    Last edited by Delia; 2011-04-27 at 04:20 PM. Reason: clarification

64k shadow bite crit is my record from last night, omnomnomnomnomnom

All the attention seems to be on the Felhunter, has anyone paid attention to the mastery buff? My DoTs were hitting like a fleet of trucks.

I ignored the individual dot damage and completely focused on the fact that on Conclave (the one boss we managed to kill last night through the raid errors and lag) that I was doing as much damage as 2nd place, a spriest, in addition to the extra 1.3 million damage provided by my felhunter.

Needless to say I'm a happy camper

That's with 96% uptime on UA, its above corruption for sure (I was likely remembering wrong when I posted earlier, since I was posting from work), but its miles below DL dunno how you are doing less damage with DL than UA on a single target... are you SBolt filling? (its fine if you are, perfectly viable alternative) Maybe clipping a lot? I could easily see UA being up there on double targets (especially since you cant use DL nearly as much as you have to keep SE up on the second target), but I don't see how it could catch up to a 10% deficit on single... Shadowbite apparently moved up to be my secondary source of damage...

Fear my Wraaf!!

32k crits without any raids buffs is perdy. Even tho I'm not really a fan of so much damage being placed upon ours pets these days... P3 Al'akir hates pets...
    Last edited by Delia; 2011-04-27 at 04:56 PM.

The buff to the shadowbite was to make aff viable at single target fights, since you can only have pet on 1 target.

If they nerf shadowbite. They would have to make buffs somewhere else and then it will either be dots(making us even better at multi-target) or buff dots and make them stick on only 1 target(worst case scenario)

I have yet to raid but tbh it doesnt seem the end of the world Hunters and arcane still(theoreticaly) overdamge us. Taking in consideration same skill

UA should not be above shadowbolt/drain life for single target dps. It should be above corruption though.

---------- Post added 2011-04-27 at 06:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    The buff to the shadowbite was to make aff viable at single target fights, since you can only have pet on 1 target.

If they nerf shadowbite. They would have to make buffs somewhere else and then it will either be dots(making us even better at multi-target) or buff dots and make them stick on only 1 target(worst case scenario)

I have yet to raid but tbh it doesnt seem the end of the world Hunters and arcane still(theoreticaly) overdamge us. Taking in consideration same skill
    They could have just buffed shadowbolt. I get the impression from things they said in beta that its not really intended for drain life to be the main nuke in pve, and its not like demo is doing insane single target dps either.

I have to say I'm pleased with how its turned out for pve dps though.
    Last edited by nilnar; 2011-04-27 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nilnar View Post
    UA should not be above shadowbolt/drain life for single target dps. It should be above corruption though.

---------- Post added 2011-04-27 at 06:24 PM ----------

They could have just buffed shadowbolt. I get the impression from things they said in beta that its not really intended for drain life to be the main nuke in pve, and its not like demo is doing insane single target dps either.

I have to say I'm pleased with how its turned out for pve dps though.
    yeh a SB buff would be acceptable but I think they went with Pet cause it requires rampup(Dots on target) and in PVP its easy to kill the felhunter but then in PVP its also hard to cast SB expecialy on arena settings.