Thread: Call to Arm

Call to Arm

Sorry if this has been discussed. I looked and couldn't find anything.

The dungeon call to arms gives and extra reward for the least represented role at the moment and someone in my trade said the call to arms was implemented for the dps, but I can't see that being true since dps the the role thats mostly sitting in the queue.

So I guess I'm just missing something, but from what I know about the system currently it seems like we'll never get the extra reward.

Sorry again. I have a feeling it's been discussed quite a few times and that it's just my searching skills that fail me.

More tanks and healers in queue = shorter queue times for dps. That's how it benefits dps.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It has been discussed a multitude of times. The benefit for dps is shorter theoretical queue times. They'll never get a call to arms, I'd almost bet my life on it.

Now will life be better with shorter queue times and herp derp tanks causing slowdowns and wipes due to basic tanking incompetence? Eh, we'll see.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've ran my 7 heroic today on my hunter.

5 minute queues. 5 minutes. Wow.

Granted 4/7 of the tanks were horrible.(100k health on one, others either couldn't hold threat AT ALL or would melt)

Yeah It's early and the why I worded everything is kinda meh. I knew it would help us get faster queues, but jipping us on the call to arms since I have a feeling there will never be more tanks or heals then dps in queue.

It was heavily discussed/whined about, that dps would never get goodie bag and that it only would go to tanks and healers eventually. But it's either long queues or shorter once -but- the call to arm class getting a goodie bag at the end.

I feel people like to compare too much and many are greedy, if someone else gets something they don't, they complain. :P

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    I've ran my 7 heroic today on my hunter.

5 minute queues. 5 minutes. Wow.

Granted 4/7 of the tanks were horrible.(100k health on one, others either couldn't hold threat AT ALL or would melt)
    Dang 5 minutes? I think our lowest one was still 15.

So far, I'm not sure that CTA is working. It's supposed to be for heroics but seems to only be on the redone troll instances. I was offered the reward on my healer but I got a derp tank in ZG so I dropped. After the cooldown I tried for a regular heroic. The queue instantly popped but I was not offered the reward. Oh well, I went through the instance and decided to do another on my DK Tank (reg heroic, not geared for trolls yet). Again, instant pop but no reward offered.

I doubt DPS will get it at all, because when the representation is even between tank, DPS and healers, none will get C2A.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
    It was heavily discussed/whined about, that dps would never get goodie bag and that it only would go to tanks and healers eventually. But it's either long queues or shorter once -but- the call to arm class getting a goodie bag at the end.

I feel people like to compare too much and many are greedy, if someone else gets something they don't, they complain. :P
    Yeah i'm all fine with it just giving me a faster queue. I mean I've waited a few times for 40 minute queues to have them blow, and now have even a 15 minute queue is awesome, but who doesn't want free goodies?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuo View Post
    Yeah It's early and the why I worded everything is kinda meh. I knew it would help us get faster queues, but jipping us on the call to arms since I have a feeling there will never be more tanks or heals then dps in queue.
    You just can't look at it that way, that's all.

They didn't put free goodies so people can have a shot at extra loot.

They put it in to try and shorten queue times for dps... would you rather get the extra bag at the end of a boss fight and keep the old queue times? I can finally dps on my warrior now, sometimes I really like to dps with him in 5 mans but hate queues so I just tank it.

Least represented gets bonus to lower queue times. Not enough tanks? Well now instead of wasting time soloing trivial old dungeons I can do a heroic and help a dps get a shorter queue? See benefits you, benefits me as a heroic is more fun than doing strat for the 20000th time....

Ah ok well. Well I'm all fine and good with not getting a goodie back. Just wanted to know. Unless queues some how go past 25 minutes again. Then i'll just nerd rage.

Topic can be closed or die. Whichever works.

The best bet is to get a Tank/Healer alt and then trade the BoA bag to your main.

But I'm more than happy just having shorter DPS queues. I find DPS more fun in 5 mans.

Deleted
    The extra reward that dps get is shorter queues. I wonder if the quality of tanks/healers will decrease with CTA though, haven't had the chance to test it myself yet, still at work.

Deleted
    Also take into account that everyone and their mother will run the new heroics plenty of times for the next week or so, so queue times will be indefinitely shorter than they used to be, when nobody good cared about heroics anymore.

Switched 5 tanks in one zg run though, people not even 346 geared, having no clue on what to do, leaving instantly as we're obviously working out on what the boss does.. Proper derp wotlk tanks are back!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelarius View Post
    Also take into account that everyone and their mother will run the new heroics plenty of times for the next week or so, so queue times will be indefinitely shorter than they used to be, when nobody good cared about heroics anymore.
    This makes no sense. if you got 5 tanks queueing, 5 healers and 3,000 dps queueing, then the length of queue time will be X
    If you get 50 tanks, 50 healers and 30,000 (10 times more people queueing as before) the length of average queue for dps is still going to be X

You will only get shorter queues for dps when the proportion of tanks/heals:dps changes. That is what Call to Arms has changed. Remember, all the DPS and their mothers are running the new heroics too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuo View Post
    someone in my trade said the call to arms was implemented for the dps, but I can't see that being true since dps the the role thats mostly sitting in the queue
    The system was implemented so that any role can potentially be in "Call to Arms" mode. So in theory, DPS could be it. But like you said, in practice you'll never see it happen.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."