What addons do you use for the following items:

I've modifying my UI for quite a while, but had been basing it around SpartanUI and a few other mods, and have decided to change it up a little based on some of the UI's I've seen posted on these forums. I'm overall happy with my UI but have a couple questions about what addons others use to perform the following tasks:

-Minimap replacement - I'm currently using Chinchilla to replace the default minimap and to control the location of other default UI elements (quest tracker, etc.) but have not been happy with any of the skins that it includes
    -Tooltip management - I've noticed since moving away from SpartanUI, my tooltips now appear further into the screen (as do my bags) and it's pretty annoying. I have previously used MobInfo2 for the vast majority of tooltips but it doesn't gather everything
    -Chat Window - I'm currently using Prat to modify some of the behaviors of the chat window, but still want something that will reskin the window and change how it functions. Would like to make it an overall rectangle, and if possible, have the tabs located on one side in comparison to having them on the top

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

Tukui - haven't had much need for anything else other than Power Aura Classic, Recount, Omen.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Minimap - PocketPlot by Seerah (WoWInterface)
    Tooltip - TipTac by Aezay
    Chat - Chatter.

I think you'd have to find an author to write one to put the tabs on the sides - I know of no addon currently that has this as an ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still use SexyMap for my minimap, though I'm too lazy to create a custom skin for it. If you have the time/patience to fiddle with it, you might be able to come up with something more to your liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
    Minimap - I use my own thing for this, has a built in bag search/FPS, memory and latency panel, durability, realm-wide character logging and friends/guild displays.
    I hate to ask, but might you have a screenshot of your minimap solution? I am now testing out using SexyMap which seems to be alright, but just wanna see what else is out there

As for TipTac, I'll be testing this a little later tonight after I have some more time to fiddle around with my UI

As for Prat, I've noticed several skinned appearances for the chatbox, and was curious if it had the ability to do that as well. I don't want to go through getting one of the compiled UIs as I like to set things exactly how I want them, but on a quick glance, didn't see something that would let me turn it all into a true box style

Quote Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
    The 4KB/s thing wasn't a joke, I can't log in to take screenshots and I certainly wouldn't be able to upload any before the end of time itself.

Plus it's still 50% incomplete
    Whoops, didn't see the post about your net problems :/ Wasn't sure if you ever posted your UI over in the sticky thread. Hopefully once I'm satisfied creating a "standardized" UI for my toons, I'll be able to post mine over there for comment/suggestions

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Prat does allow changing the "Background" and "Border" textures of the chatframes (as does Chatter - the "Borders and Backgrounds" section), but I'm not sure what the name of that configuration area is.

Prat and Chatter also both allow changing the edit box (I like Chatter's "color the editbox border the color of the channel you're typing in" option a lot). In Chatter, it's called "Edit Box Polish", in Prat it likely has a similar name - it should at least mention the edit box.

However, neither one really can do anything with the window tabs.