Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Lol tarzan plays a mage???

OT: I have test Fire, both AoE and Single Target, and I'm pretty happy with the new ignite mechanisms, it's more easy to throw good Combustions. Also now that Blizzard has been buffed, it's a hugh dps boost on adds, like Maloriak or Magmaw.
    I havent tryed Arcane too much, seems better, but i dont have Arcane focused gear so, i would like if i tell you what i did on Fire gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Chareoss View Post
    i have been born in english dont talk sense post everyone sees it before written.

understand it.
    You talk good grammar and speak very well english.

Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    You talk good grammar and speak very well english.
    thank you. like people who see written before explained

easy understand it**
    Last edited by Chareoss; 2011-04-27 at 02:21 PM.

Deleted
    If any of you bothered to check Chareoss's post history, you'd realise he is just acting like a retard on purpose...

10+ Year Old Account
    silly. i never meet those respect under minute

speak me awful wording but paragraphs long of nothing truth?
    OMG dude u are hilarious. I think hes trying to portray how easy mages are to play... maybe?

Either way though: Some says nothing he tries to make arcane sense with one button two and fire with three and always your forgetting blast wave
    Last edited by SkyBlueAri; 2011-04-27 at 02:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol, was i the only one reading his posts in the voice of Boomhauer from King of the Hill?

I was wondering the same about the two specs. Before i was about to pull off about 11-12k dps in fire w/ iLevel 346 gear. However, as of last night i was only pulling 8-10k. So i might be doing some target dummy beating tonight :x

soooooo much troll bait in this thread!

pro troll is pro though imo!
    Dinkin Flicka.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowborne View Post
    soooooo much troll bait in this thread!

pro troll is pro though imo!
    Yeah trolling is cool! It's productive and provides value to the topic! I remeber when I was eight and enjoyed doing things to get attention!

10+ Year Old Account
    I in a sense almost don't want a majority of mages to go arc. I've been arc a long time and pulled equal or above fire on a lot of fights. I feel now people may just hop on the bandwagon

10+ Year Old Account
    Arcane is beast on single target and AOE. Trick with AOE though, you have to have the balls to run into the pack and control yourself not to pull off the tank. Standing back with Blizzard isn't getting it done. I have tested both in full raids, they are equal within a few hundred DPS. Arcane requires control though. Fire requires no real control, you just spam till oom and Evoc. People confuse easy rotation with easy spec. If you don't know what you're doing, you fail on either. I don't care about all the simulations and math that EJ does and what this spreadsheet says over that. I've used in raid, I've played with all aspects of it. I see no difference between fire or arcane when you do then correctly.

http://forum.grasscity.com/photopost...eIfSerious.jpg

if so.... i wish mods could ban you for an inability to communicate with clarity.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    thank you. like people who see written before explained

easy understand it**
    10/10. You had me there. Also, I'll probably stay fire (I have a mage, but it's not listed in my signature yet). Mainly because I don't like Arcane, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jditto View Post
    Arcane is beast on single target and AOE. Trick with AOE though, you have to have the balls to run into the pack and control yourself not to pull off the tank. Standing back with Blizzard isn't getting it done. I have tested both in full raids, they are equal within a few hundred DPS. Arcane requires control though. Fire requires no real control, you just spam till oom and Evoc. People confuse easy rotation with easy spec. If you don't know what you're doing, you fail on either. I don't care about all the simulations and math that EJ does and what this spreadsheet says over that. I've used in raid, I've played with all aspects of it. I see no difference between fire or arcane when you do then correctly.
    I agree 100% with this post. This is my view exactly on the difference between the specs. While arc may have an "easier rotation" if you don't know when to go through the burn phases, when to use your cooldowns, or how to accurately manage your mana and the damage that relates to that mana (arcane's mastery relies heavily on the amount of mana you have unspent) you will most certainly fail at this spec.

Speaking of arcane explosion, how is the damage with the update? I haven't had a chance to play the last couple of days. Seems like getting your AB stack to 4 and blinking into the melee range wouldn't be that hard. Just curious if it's worth using explosion or sitting back and single targeting with arcane blast.

Deleted
    I like read thread for sense written

Quote Originally Posted by Gogetaex View Post
    Saw that video when it came out. It made my day, and I showed everyone i knew, even those who don't play WoW. +10 internets to you for showing it to me again.
    Most arcane mages i know are actually like that too. Keep track of dots? No can do. Know when to hit combustion,i r 2 slow. But i r canz hit the 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 11 1 then the 2. I r da good dps, rite?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    ya you good are dps doer
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

obviously fire mage dps arcane for going when dps high rotation, full arcane movement large boss raiding fire wins does less dps.
    uhhhh what?

---------- Post added 2011-04-27 at 05:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jditto View Post
    except that if you move as arcane your dps becomes terrible >.< arcane is good for patchwerk type fights, but outside of them, arcane is pretty meh

Signature by Kenz

obviously fire mage dps arcane for going when dps high rotation, full arcane movement large boss raiding fire wins does less dps.
    I swear to Drunk I'm not god!

There is not, nor will there be, one spec that is best. Does the fight involve alot of aoe? Fire. Is there alot of movement? Fire. Minimal/predictable movement? Arcane. Single Target? Arcane. Sinestra? Arcane. That is obviously a very simplified statement, but that is the basis of which spec is best for a specific encounter.

Slightly off topic towards the people who complain that arcane is faceroll: Is arcane a hard spec to learn? No. Is it a hard spec to master? As hard as any other dps class. Is it easy to put out good numbers? Absolutely, just as EVERY OTHER dps spec in the game. There is no dps spec that is difficult in the slightest, and they all require a similar degree of skill to master.

P.S. Before anybody asks, yes I am a fan of responding with questions