Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    If you do the math on binding heal efficiency, it has almost the same HP per mana as using Heal (Our most mana efficient heal.) So basicly you use binding heal any time it would heal both you and target for the full ammount.

Quote Originally Posted by Garouken View Post
    If you do the math on binding heal efficiency, it has almost the same HP per mana as using Heal (Our most mana efficient heal.) So basicly you use binding heal any time it would heal both you and target for the full ammount.
    Except that Heal is not our most mana efficient heal. If you're using Lightwell, it's much cheaper. If you have an option to use Desperate Prayer, it's better still. Binding Heal's a great substitute when neither of these, or healthstones, aren't available, and you don't want to/can't waste time bandaging.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Except that Heal is not our most mana efficient heal. If you're using Lightwell, it's much cheaper. If you have an option to use Desperate Prayer, it's better still. Binding Heal's a great substitute when neither of these, or healthstones, aren't available, and you don't want to/can't waste time bandaging.
    Sums it up rather good actually
    My deviantArt | Taking signature requests.

Quote Originally Posted by trollBoogey View Post
    Other then PvP, during PvE (raids) u should be using anything but binding. You have Light well / DP / CoH / PoH all of which will heal u and ur group for more and faster. 2 of which are instant casts, and have a better HPS then binding.
    Given that: the other person is in my group (for PoH), low enough on health so that both of us will be hit (CoH), want to spend a 8 sec AoE CD for two people (CoH), , the risk of spending my 3minute CD "Oh fuck heal" on non critical damage (DP*), that I have 5.40 secs without something terribad hitting me (LW), I don't mind spending twice as much mana as needed healing two people (PoH)

Yes. I get that it is not the most mana efficient heal at our disposal, but healing me and another raid member for 13k each in 1.3'ish seconds AND giving me a stack of Serendipity is priceless.

* I felt DP needed it's own little discussion. DP is obviously the best HPM spell we've got, but I don't see how it's relevant at ALL with the thread title in mind. Are you actually telling me, that giving a situation where damage is going around the raid (2 people minimum), you'd pop DP and then another spell INSTEAD of just using whatever of the AoE heals you just mentioned? Remember, DP triggers global cooldown, which theoretically makes your next cast longer.

I also place PoM higher in priority to BH, I will cast it on myself if I expect more incoming damage.
    If the group is in distress then Divine Hymn takes priority over it.
    If inner will is available, then PoH is usually the better choice.
    There are times that a pair of Renew's are better, BH is useless if you have to stand in the fire to cast it.

+1

Except for that comment on DP :P (as I don't feel it's viable to discuss DP in general AoE settings)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure the numbers work out in Desperate Prayer's favor, but as a personal preference, I Just found the spell awkward to use. It was yet another spell I had to add to my bars and wound up putting it in some out of the way place...inevitably I'd finish a fight and say to myself "hey I could have used Desperate Prayer there". After 6 months of that I finally specced out of it.

Plus I'll take the Serendipity proc of Binding Heal. All told though, probably used only a handful of times per fight if that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Desperate Prayer is nothing short of amazing. If you just take the time to learn to use it, you quickly realize just how much potential it has. Nothing compares to it's ability to get you out of a pinch quickly

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

This sums up this whole thread, as stated many times before, it's a situational heal, not a heal just for PVP or to be used all the time, it's for those times when YOU decide it's needed. I don't know any one person can come up with every possible scenario when binding heal should or shouldn't be used because there would be so many of them.

Any time there's massive damage and I would flash heal someone but my HP is also lower than 100%

Seldom, it's a pretty situational spell. If ONLY one other person and myself need to be healed, then it's worth it. Otherwise PoH or Coh or clicking the lightwell or using your healthstone and casting heal are better options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I use it fairly often in 5-mans when I can use a heal (not overheal) and I would otherwise use Flash Heal. It is fast, low-threat, and more efficient than Flash Heal. I PUG a lot, so I may have more use for it than others.

LOL. I actually put it on my bars last night for the first time for Chimaeron. First try I died due to the fact that I was focused on keeping everyone else above 10K health and forgot about myself. Once I switched FH for BH it was easy peazy. So I'd say it is a situational heal for me as I have not had a need to use it before that fight.

Deleted
    I use it very often. Cheap, fast, builds stacks of serendipity (if you are holy). Great spell. Use it.

If I'm critically low on health and need to heal another quickly.

Kind of a silly question as the answer is kind of obvious.

Deleted
    Only found that heal useful at Saurfang heroic if you got the mark - Never used it anywhere else... I might have used it more if I was disc, but I doubt it.