Page 1 of 2
LastLast

would it be an awkward failed attempt?

ill try to explain the best i can. so today was my last day of my computer class i was taking at a local college. there's this girl in there that i didnt sit by so i never got a chance to actually talk to her, but im interested. now, she works at the campus' bookstore and i have to return a rental by may 5th. she knows of me and that i was in class with her and only really talked when i was in the bookstore previous times but not about anything in particular. so if i managed to grow a pair for once (lol) if while i went in to return my book, would it be awkward if i asked her to get to know her better?

ive been thinking about it and i can't come up with a clear answer what do u guys think?

Deleted
    Go for it, worst that can happen is she says no. You have nothing to lose and all to gain.

Depends on how you say it, how you act and how you are.
    Some people can pull it off, some people are just generally awkward in serious conversation.

Just give it a go, if it's a no - Then who cares.

ok i just think it might be weird cuz we really dont know eachother and wouldnt ppl find it weird being asked out randomly while at work by someone u dont know?

Quote Originally Posted by Silentsnipe1212 View Post
    ok i just think it might be weird cuz we really dont know eachother and wouldnt ppl find it weird being asked out randomly while at work by someone u dont know?
    Is that how people are usually asked?
    It's not like you schedule an appointment with her secretary to come to an agreement of at which point the girl will be available to dicuss the possibility of dating ye.

Deleted
    Yes, it is a bit strange to be approached at random, but the alternative is to forget it and live life never knowing.

Quote Originally Posted by A Forum Troll View Post
    Is that how people are usually asked?
    It's not like you schedule an appointment with her secretary to come to an agreement of at which point the girl will be available to dicuss the possibility of dating ye.
    lol i laughed at that :P. also i am not a smooth talker. i have a slight stammer (had it since i was at least 4) but i dont let it bother me much. the only problem ive got is actually knowing what to say and not coming off as a weirdo.

Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post
    Yes, it is a bit strange to be approached at random, but the alternative is to forget it and live life never knowing.
    I prefer the random approach. It's flattering, and I like surprises.

Deleted
    I'd say do what I am scared off to do :P go ask her...!

And, in case she says no....

or i could just wait till she gets off work at night and sit on the ground by her car and tell her ive been waiting all day for her right? or better yet break in to her car and wait in the bottom of her back seat! genius! :P

Definitely no harm in trying.

If you know her name, greet her with it. Mention that you shared a class if she doesn't seem to remember you, and tell her you'd like to take her out sometime and get to know her better. Worst case scenario, most women are at the very least flattered by the interest.

Sig by Mipeo

Deleted
    Next time you see her just tell her you have a really advanced watch, a watch that displays everything that is going on like time, temperature, how many books the bookstore has, where your house is located, just everything! Then tell her your watch says that she isn't wearing any panties, she will probably respond telling you that isn't true, just tell her your watch must be 1 hour foward!

Ok inappropriate much? Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Botji View Post
    Next time you see her just tell her you have a really advanced watch, a watch that displays everything that is going on like time, temperature, how many books the bookstore has, where your house is located, just everything! Then tell her your watch says that she isn't wearing any panties, she will probably respond telling you that isn't true, just tell her your watch must be 1 hour foward!

Ok inappropriate much? Good luck!
    that is one of the best pickup attempts ive ever heard lol. if i ever got to know a girl enough to where those jokes wouldnt be inappropriate i would totally use that (my humor is usually of the dirty kind) lol.

that is one of the best pickup attempts ive ever heard lol. if i ever got to know a girl enough to where those jokes wouldnt be inappropriate i would totally use that (my humor is usually of the dirty kind) lol.
    That kind of line only comes off well as a joke between friends. Nothing that cheesy actually works in real life, lol.

Excuse me, do you know how much a polar bear weighs?
    No....
    Enough to break the ice. Hi, I'm Lig.

Simple, clever, and gets the message across that you were nervous and just want to talk to her. Again, pickup lines aren't really the best way to attract women, but if you have to use one, play it safe.

Sig by Mipeo

Have confidence, be honest, and be yourself. This is the best advice you can get. The worst shot you can take is the shot not taken. If she says "no," keep your head up and be glad you took a chance. If she says "yes," then...win.
    Opulence. I has it.

she seems like the type of girl that isn't bitchy/cruel so if i manage to grow a pair ill do it. i still wanna see what other people think tho :P

Not really. It's flattering.

edit: Wouldn't it be weirder if someone who knew you well but still was a stranger asked you out like a stalker?
    Edit2: You already have some things in common like a shared class and school, which is a great talking starting point :P
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2011-04-27 at 04:02 PM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

At the very very worst, you get a hilarious story out of it months down the line.

10+ Year Old Account
    use this:

"Hey baby, let me pull up to that bumper and smack that monkey?"

No way you can go wrong.