Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    You already have some things in common like a shared class and school, which is a great talking starting point :P
    Aye, always important to have a few back-up topics in your sleeve. EVERYONE hates starting conversation then realizing you have nothing to keep it going. And shared interest is better than "So....err.... How 'bout that local sports' team?"

yea im just horrible with signs and timing lol. i can spot easily when girls are opening up or coming on to another guy but if it were happening to me i would not see it lol. (i totally got my friend laid once cuz i saw it at a party we were at :P) another thing is what if theres people in line or its busy or whatever, i always think about negative outcomes beforehand and it pisses me off rawr! lol i just dont know how to begin a conversation or lead it towards where i want it go u know?

Quote Originally Posted by Silentsnipe1212 View Post
    yea im just horrible with signs and timing lol. i can spot easily when girls are opening up or coming on to another guy but if it were happening to me i would not see it lol. (i totally got my friend laid once cuz i saw it at a party we were at :P) another thing is what if theres people in line or its busy or whatever, i always think about negative outcomes beforehand and it pisses me off rawr! lol i just dont know how to begin a conversation or lead it towards where i want it go u know?
    I understand perfectly. On an unrelated note, the way you write makes me want to strangle you. Now that we've got that out of the way...

Awkwardness can be cute, to a point. Depends on the person. Usually though, some faked-confidence will be more effective. Even if you are at the point of trembling, just try act confident and behave as if you know what you are doing. If you make some mistakes, don't sulk over it and act as if it doesn't matter.

If you are an awkward person or a cluts, try save that for the date. If you can score the date, then you have an entire night of showing her how awkward you can be.

is it my little parentheses that piss u off? lol. i'm not really a klutz just a little nervous because i cant act the way i do around new people the way i do with my brothers and best friend u know? like stupid jokes and the occasional sexual inuendo probably wouldnt go over too well when talking to someone the first time.

Deleted
    Let me let you in on a little secret.

It's adorable when guys are a little nervous. A faint blushing, trouble keeping eyecontact and even the small studder. At least I melt when it happens to me.

You should go and talk to her. Like right now. And then come back and let us know how it went. Like others have said, the worst that could happen is a no. And that's not really that bad

if i do it ill report it in the thread thanks for the advice so far, anyone else have anything to add?

Go for it bro! Just refrain from phrases like "I'd tap that" and "I want your body" when attempting to ask her out. Just ask her out to go to the movies or something.

Remember that if all else fails, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs_OacEq2Sk

Just remember to yell it when you're running out of the bookstore. You may feel a bit sad, but doing this will cause everyone there, yourself and even the girl who said no to laugh because it's so unexpected.

edit - I do believe it's the lack of commas. Basically when reading your sentence, a comma / period is a point where you can breath. We are reading "like stupid jokes and the occasional sexual inuendo probably wouldnt go over too well when talking to someone the first time." all without taking a breath because there are no commas. That, and that's how robots talk. They just say word after word with no breaks or pauses unless a sentence is finished.

- The breathing thing is what my.. hell, one of the elementary school teachers taught me. Been like 20 years.
    Last edited by pomop; 2011-04-27 at 04:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

sorry lol, if i could talk more fluently irl i would be a very talkative person, but since i do have a slightly noticeable stutter, i tend to not talk much, thus being a man of few words around new people. very different case around friends though :P

Quote Originally Posted by Silentsnipe1212 View Post
    is it my little parentheses that piss u off? lol. i'm not really a klutz just a little nervous because i cant act the way i do around new people the way i do with my brothers and best friend u know? like stupid jokes and the occasional sexual inuendo probably wouldnt go over too well when talking to someone the first time.
    No, what bothers me is that you use "u" instead of "you" and say "lol" after every third sentence.
    I sincerely doubt you laugh out loud as you write that.

Unrelated to your ladies' issue though. Best of luck, go get her!

"Are your parents retarded? Because you're special."

Yeah.

yea one other question is, is it ok to ask even if she is on the job?