Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    can you post a dps afflic spec?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by randa View Post
    Then there is no point in using doomguard, it is still better to use Infernal (at least for farm bosses)
    Swaying away from the obligatory "you're wrong"... Proof?

Lol, just tried it with some quick reforging and switching trinket. This is crazy, but it works. :P
    ~ I'm having trouble hearing you. Getting a lot of bullshit on this line. ~

10+ Year Old Account
    Then there is no point in using doomguard, it is still better to use Infernal (at least for farm bosses)
    Just because other people cant see it in their recounts doesn't mean you should use the weaker alternative, thats just stupid =\. Iirc you absorbs aren't counted on recounts hps but that doesn't mean you should stop using bubbles as a freaking priest. Do whatever does the most damage who cares if the other people cant tell you can always link them your recount.

Quote Originally Posted by Duskmoon View Post
    Lol, just tried it with some quick reforging and switching trinket. This is crazy, but it works. :P
    Glad I could help hope it helped your dps
    Last edited by lightgil; 2011-05-01 at 01:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried changing all my reforging to mastery. Trialed the same rotation several times. While my demon dps (felhunter and doomguard) DID grow with mastery reforging, my personal dps suffered. All of my tests tended to converge to almost the samne location regardless on what i reforged to. So it seems to be an inverse relationship whereas your dps suffers where your demo's grows

____________________R.I.P Excessive Gaming____________________

Quote Originally Posted by lightgil View Post
    Just because other people cant see it in their recounts doesn't mean you should use the weaker alternative, thats just stupid =\. Iirc you absorbs aren't counted on recounts hps but that doesn't mean you should stop using bubbles as a freaking priest. Do whatever does the most damage who cares if the other people cant tell you can always link them your recount.
    Absorbs are shown on meters and WoL. I know it sounds stupid when I say that you should use Infernal just because his damage is added to yours in recount and WoL as opposed to Doomguard, but if you are farming a boss, only challenge that's left for competitive player is to get higher rank on WoL.

And indirectly maybe we could force Blizzard to fix combat logs for Doomguards (and Shadowy Apparitions as they are last two creatures that don't have their damage assigned to their owners as all other creatures do in 4.1).

10+ Year Old Account
    Absorbs are shown on meters and WoL. I know it sounds stupid when I say that you should use Infernal just because his damage is added to yours in recount and WoL as opposed to Doomguard, but if you are farming a boss, only challenge that's left for competitive player is to get higher rank on WoL.

And indirectly maybe we could force Blizzard to fix combat logs for Doomguards (and Shadowy Apparitions as they are last two creatures that don't have their damage assigned to their owners as all other creatures do in 4.1).
    Idk if that would cause them to attempt to fix it try ticketing and posting about it more on bliz forums?

I did some more proper testing today, reforged and re-gemmed, switched the hands enchant. I used a heroic training dummy, and made sure I was only single target dpsing. I would test this on a raid to confirm performance boost, but I'm currently not raiding. I will try it in the new heroics however.

Even so, with my not so great gear, I could maintain ~19k single target dps (on the heroic target dummy, unbuffed), during 5-6min fights. If I went on for 10min with just a single use of Doomguard, it dropped to ~18k. During the burst phases the dps went up to ~25-26k. Doomguard was critting for 67k, and Felpuppy for 60k. I did about 20-ish repeats with the same results - it's not the same as SimCraft, but it's good enough of an indication to give it a shot.

I did try it on the normal dummies as well for some laughs, with Immolation aura hitting multiple targets, and could reproduce OP's results. Also while reforging and re-gemming, and trying increasing Mastery rating I noticed a steady increase in dps. I would love to try this in 372 gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskmoon View Post
    I did some more proper testing today, reforged and re-gemmed, switched the hands enchant. I used a heroic training dummy, and made sure I was only single target dpsing. I would test this on a raid to confirm performance boost, but I'm currently not raiding. I will try it in the new heroics however.

Even so, with my not so great gear, I could maintain ~19k single target dps (on the heroic target dummy, unbuffed), during 5-6min fights. If I went on for 10min with just a single use of Doomguard, it dropped to ~18k. During the burst phases the dps went up to ~25-26k. Doomguard was critting for 67k, and Felpuppy for 60k. I did about 20-ish repeats with the same results - it's not the same as SimCraft, but it's good enough of an indication to give it a shot.

I did try it on the normal dummies as well for some laughs, with Immolation aura hitting multiple targets, and could reproduce OP's results. Also while reforging and re-gemming, and trying increasing Mastery rating I noticed a steady increase in dps. I would love to try this in 372 gear.
    I wish I had 372 gear ;P I did 5k more dps than a full 372 ret pally and a fire mage with some 372 in a zg run

Mastery is honestly the best thing ever for demo imo

Just had something awesome happen with doomguard will upload a pic in a min

Ok well it seems that Doomguard+Burning Blood = Tons of dps = 100% threat ;D

Just had doomguard do an interesting amount of burst damage heres a screenshot :P I am loving doomguard so much

That attempt was a wipe but we downed it right after ;P
    Last edited by lightgil; 2011-05-02 at 05:09 AM.

Did a similar parse youtube. com/watch?v=6p3eIz32cCY

2minutes 48sec clocking in at 32.7k dps on the dummies. Fun, fun..

Quote Originally Posted by Tokens View Post
    Did a similar parse youtube. com/watch?v=6p3eIz32cCY
    2minutes 48sec clocking in at 32.7k dps on the dummies. Fun, fun..
    Seeing that you have way more stats to work with, have you tried this single target with reforging to Mastery?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've found destro to be mostly unchanged. The buff to rain of fire is nice but it's still a 'who cares' spell unless there's >5 adds involved and you've got Havoc on the main target. Otherwise, kinda the same.

Gonna try something that could quite possibly super suck tonight. Respec to skip Empowered Imp. Reglyph to Conflag, Immo, and Incin, Add Fel Hunter glyph- roll with him out and see what happens. I'll let you know if it's awful.
    Rando: "shut up casby. you're dumb."
    Buddy: "casby is all, therefore you are casby, and casby is you, and you're arguing with yourself... and that is very un-casby."
    Me: "What?"
    Buddy: "shush, casby. i'm trying to defend you here." Cons***** leaves the group. "See. I embarrassed him."