Combat Table Coverage Stat Weighting

Just thought I would throw this up for those that may be interested. Copy/pasted from my guild forum:

So over the last couple days I've been obsessing a bit about maximizing my combat table coverage, mostly just because it's getting pretty high and while I don't think I'll hit the magic number until next tier, more is still better. Anyways, in particular I've been very curious about some of the new 353 epics. Thing is, it can be pretty hard to know at a glance if something is an upgrade these days. Heck, I just learned a couple days ago that agi necklaces are almost universally considered to be BiS for at least warriors and paladins.

Anyways long story short is I spent a couple hours last night looking up conversion rates for agi/str/dodge/parry/mastery to CTC, and then did a little mach to figure out exactly how much 1 point is worth for each. I plugged these numbers into wowhead (although any item database with a stat weight filter will work) and voila:

http://www.wowhead.com/items=4.-6?fi...328:0.00141:-1

however it seems that at current wowhead doesn't have the new epics in it's database. There are also a couple items that don't actually exist in there, most notably heroic versions of the BoE trash loot from BoT/BWD. So here is one for GuildOx. All seems in order here, the only thing I noticed is that the new archaeology shield does not seem to be accounted for here.

http://www.guildox.com/wr.asp?Cla=2&...;j3=0&k7=0

These lists appear to be fairly consistent with what is typically considered to be BiS, as well as what people consider BiS pre-raid and pre-heroic raid. However there are 2 important things to be mindful of. First off, this list does not account for diminishing returns on dodge and parry. Our avoidance levels are still fairly low these days and so the stats are diminished very little, so the stat weights should still be pretty accurate, but it's still something to be mindful of. Second- this is NOT a typical stat weight list. This list ONLY accounts for avoidance. If you are going to use this list at all, be very mindful that stamina, threat stats, and armor are all still important, and use some judgement. A good example of what I mean is, before I added negative stat weights for intellect, a caster cloak off Sinestra was the top cloak. I should also point out that the filters will automatically gem for highest avoidance, which usually means sticking a +40 mastery gem in every socket, which probably isn't what you want to do, at least not for every piece. If you want to change this, GuildOx has a filter option you can check to force gems to match socket colors.

With some adjustments this list can also be applied for warriors. It just involves changing the stat weights, and switching the class filter to warrior (for tier gear and ranged slot items). Warriors gain less dodge per agility and less block per mastery than Paladins (though warriors also have the critical block component to their mastery, which again isn't accounted for in the weights as this list ONLY considers combat table coverage). Link:

http://www.guildox.com/wr.asp?Cla=1&...;j3=0&k7=0

Of course all this is somewhat irrelevant for DKs and Bears, as they work off of very different gearing philosophies.