Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Randgor View Post
    The story has declined a lot in recent years, but that is mostly due to the fact that the masses prefer the idiotic story of Budd to the likes of Illidan and persist in hyping up pointless characters such as Old Blanchy.
    Not really, the story of Budd is just a side story that adds favor to the wowverse and Old Blanchy is the same. It it wonderful to see characters that change and evolve with the game that are not main characters. I would say the reason the story has declined in recent years has more to do with books and comics pushing story arcs that could have been used in the game. If they wanted to they could add a future cavern of time and push the storyline that way but blizz also has to deal with fans that want to see old major characters and not very welcoming to any new ones. Also if you don't mind redoing quest in Felwood there is a very nice quest chain about Illidan there.

This post wasnt intended to be trolly, i just posted something based on what i knew, which clearly was ignorant to some of the events at hand.
    SO, OK IM SORRY MY BAD... there, now you can stop freaking out cuz i thought WC 1-2 werent connected. as for the " order is 1-2-3" people

theres like 15 Final Fantasies. all different. so =p
    UH DK- Karrod

next to come....WoW xpac no. 4 (insetred what ever name):

lead villian dark titan SARGERAS!

random warcraft fan- "wtf blizz is getting lazy with their lore inserting some random titan for a main villian"

I just wish he would have been referenced more in WoW, being that he was no part of WC3, and very minorly mentioned in WoW, i mean theres a whole set of raids and dungeons to kill Malygos id think they would have included mention of the cause
    UH DK- Karrod

Random fire breathing dragon? No wonder you're confused about the story; you don't know it. Search Deathwing on WoWpedia. You'll find he's been part of lore far longer than anything you mentioned up there.

i know, i understand he's been around, but the only way to know that is OUTSIDE of the game....
    UH DK- Karrod

This thread is now onto the third page. The OP is aware of his folly. Stop replying to just the 'first post' and ignoring the following 2 pages of replies people....
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Haven't killed Illidan
    Haven't killed the Lich King (only Arthas)
    and no way in hell is Deathwing some random fire breathing dragon.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Lick King"...heh

OT: That's subjective, others might like the story as of now, some might not. Also read up on it, it sounds as if you don't really know enough about what's going on lore-wise to make an well rounded opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Karrod View Post
    i know, i understand he's been around, but the only way to know that is OUTSIDE of the game....
    Not really. Blade's Edge, Bloodmyst, Ulduar, and Dragonblight are just a few of the zones that mentioned him Pre-Cataclysm. There are also the books scattered around the World that give you the full story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go go get Loremaster.. And please, read all quest description , watch cinematics and quest related characters chat.. =) when that is done... search any unfamiliar names up on Wowwiki, and whatever else you want to know for example: "Random Fire breathing dragon... what was his name again.. ah Deathwing --> www.wowwiki.com --> "Deathwing" --> And voila, find out that he was one of the dragon aspects set to guard this world as the aspect of earth , Neltharion Great Success ! Then you maybe want to buy all the warcraft games, sit and play , buy some comics etc.... Welcome to my world!
    "As Dark as a Ravens flight, Cold as Winters night"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashgordon View Post
    correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure Deathwing is far, far, FAR more powerful than Malygos ever was...
    All of the aspects were pretty much equal in power with Alexstrasza and Neltharion having a little more than the other three. Neltharion (Deathwing) was corrupted by an Old God (It's said to be N'zoth), and that's how he has become more powerful.
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Brosemon View Post
    The only thing I agree with him on is Illidan a little, just kinda weird. Maeive(Spelling) helps kill him, then that's it, she's done, she just casts hearthstone then that's it. I get that, her vengeance is complete now! and stuff, but seemed a little anti-climatic.
    "The Huntress is nothing without the Hunt....you are nothing without me..."

In short, the entire purpose of her very being fulfilled, her flaming vengeance petered out, and there was nothing left that drove her.

It's sort of like the Movie Megamind: One of his nefarious schemes went right for once, and he ended up winning. It felt pretty sweet!

...until he realized he really had nothing left to do after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    This thread is now onto the third page. The OP is aware of his folly. Stop replying to just the 'first post' and ignoring the following 2 pages of replies people....
    But that's what people do on internet forums no matter what. Any other result would also be folly.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Right now i feel like WoW has lost me.... heres why.

i played the game first in WC3, the story aspect of the game was AMAZING, and up to WOTLK it was all still connected, the scourge, Illidan the naga, all of it.... and now...

We killed Illidan! that story ends...
    WE killed The Lick King!!! that story ends......

" remember that time when we killed Illidan and The Lich King and then all of a sudden there was a big dragon breathing fire?"
    a story that was kept going for Years is replaced by a random 'fire breathing dragon" and a big hole in the ocean..... Losing our touch eh Blizzard?
    Awesome typo.

Also, the problem is that you've not read up on the story of Deathwing. He's a much better character in lore than either of Illidan and the Lich King.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicachu View Post
    So why would you seriously even think about posting something this stupid?

Moron go and diaf.
    That is plain rude. He made an honest mistake and apologized for it. A human being would not respond like you did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now i feel like WoW has lost me.... heres why.

i played the game first in WC3, the story aspect of the game was AMAZING, and up to WOTLK it was all still connected, the scourge, Illidan the naga, all of it.... and now...

We killed Illidan! that story ends...
    WE killed The Lick King!!! that story ends......

" remember that time when we killed Illidan and The Lich King and then all of a sudden there was a big dragon breathing fire?"
    a story that was kept going for Years is replaced by a random 'fire breathing dragon" and a big hole in the ocean..... Losing our touch eh Blizzard?
    Play Warcraft II. Don't QQ again until after you've beaten it.

So yeah, Deathwing is NOT random, that's just a big blind spot on your WC knowledge.
    Last edited by Callace; 2011-04-30 at 02:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deathwing's been around since the original RTS games, and has had a few books including him before WoW and even WC3. He's a pretty massive character in the lore.

However, I have to agree somewhat with the thread title. While I like most of the Cataclysm story so far, I'm not liking where this Thrall arc may be going.

15+ Year Old Account
    I suppose I'm lucky, then. I didn't play any of the Warcraft RTS games. So, to me, this is all brand new story and I love it.

Though I did read up on the lore of most of the major characters in the game.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    I suppose I'm lucky, then. I didn't play any of the Warcraft RTS games. So, to me, this is all brand new story
    Deathwing was prominent in WC 2. The OP's problem was that he only played WC 3.