Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What happned to the story???

Right now i feel like WoW has lost me.... heres why.

i played the game first in WC3, the story aspect of the game was AMAZING, and up to WOTLK it was all still connected, the scourge, Illidan the naga, all of it.... and now...

We killed Illidan! that story ends...
    WE killed The Lick King!!! that story ends......

" remember that time when we killed Illidan and The Lich King and then all of a sudden there was a big dragon breathing fire?"
    a story that was kept going for Years is replaced by a random 'fire breathing dragon" and a big hole in the ocean..... Losing our touch eh Blizzard?
    UH DK- Karrod

I think you need to read up a bit on the story if you think Deathwing is some "random fire breathing dragon"

I wouldn't exactly call Deathwing a "random fire breathing dragon"... He's been a major (second only to Sargeras) antagonist in the Warcraft universe since its inception and he's been in the games since WCII... Maybe you should read his wowpedia page... Your problem (as I see it), is that you only played WCIII and TFT, which focused on Illidan and Arthas - Deathwing has been around far longer than either of them.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-04-27 at 03:56 PM.

they did explain it. i dont play wow anymore but i remember pre cataclysm events explaining why deathwing came out of hiding and the twilight cult growing more powerful, maybe u just didnt see it.

sidenote: arthas' death/icc could have been a little more epic and involved more lore characters and not just tirion "butthole" fordring.

Ok... ok... Hersheys will bite.

The story of Arthas and the Lich King, Illidan, and everything else, was all Warcraft 3. TBC and WotLK essentially wrapped up all of the events of WC3. From there, the lore is free to expand outwards and continue to evolve. Warcraft isn't a book that simply ends once the final page turns and you close the book, it continues to get larger and larger.

Deleted
    The story is great. The Lore from Warcraft 1 and 2 is carrying on, with the things from 3 resolved neatly. Hence Cho'Gall and Deathwing! It's just more obscure, that's all - lore still going strong. Hit a wiki if you want more depth.

Edit: dammit, beaten to it repeatedly. See Hershey's response.

as i said ionly played since WC3, i did do some reading it basicly boils down to Deathing is another malygos, and hes been around since WC2. my apologies
    UH DK- Karrod

Deleted
    correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure Deathwing is far, far, FAR more powerful than Malygos ever was...

Quote Originally Posted by Karrod View Post
    as i said ionly played since WC3,
    So why would you seriously even think about posting something this stupid?

Moron go and diaf.

it basicly boils down to Deathing is another malygos, and hes been around since WC2.
    Err....They're both dragon aspects I guess, but from a lorenerds perspective this phrase is all sorts of wrong. Besides Malygos was protagonist up until WOTLK, Deathwing has been a mass murdering dick since his inception. Actually come to think of it....Deathwing has had more quests and instances devoted to fighting against him than any other villain in the setting even if you discount Cataclysm.

Edit: Lore-fail lulz.
    Last edited by myrkyr; 2011-04-27 at 05:03 PM.
    Individuals are not simple. They cannot be defined for easy reference in the manner of:The elves are a lithe, pointy-eared people who excel at poverty.

Deleted
    as i said ionly played since WC3, i did do some reading it basicly boils down to Deathing is another malygos, and hes been around since WC2. my apologies
    He is not another Malygos, he is the reason why Malygos went nuts in the first place.

i played the game first in WC3, the story aspect of the game was AMAZING, and up to WOTLK it was all still connected, the scourge, Illidan the naga, all of it.... and now...

" remember that time when we killed Illidan and The Lich King and then all of a sudden there was a big dragon breathing fire?"
    a story that was kept going for Years is replaced by a random 'fire breathing dragon" and a big hole in the ocean..... Losing our touch eh Blizzard?
    Deathwing is more major story character than Illidan and the Lich King COMBINED.

If you think he is just "some dragon" you clearly have very little knowledge of the "story" you seem to love so much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by myrkyr View Post
    Err....They're both dragon aspects I guess, but from a lorenerds perspective this phrase is all sorts of wrong. Besides Malygos was protagonist up until WOTLK, Deathwing has been a mass murdering dick since his inception. In fact the entire Defias faction arose from the disgruntled masons guild who rebuilt Stormwind after Deathwing burnt it down the first time and then were financially shafted by the government. Actually come to think of it....Deathwing has had more quests and instances devoted to fighting against him than any other villain in the setting even if you discount Cataclysm.
    It were the orcs that burned Stormwind the first time, not Deathwing. But, yes, Deathwing is connected to the Defias, since it was his daugther that kicked the Stonemasons out of New Stormwind.

---------- Post added 2011-04-27 at 05:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderSteel View Post
    Deathwing is more major story character than Illidan and the Lich King COMBINED.

If you think he is just "some dragon" you clearly have very little knowledge of the "story" you seem to love so much.
    The problem is, for some unknown reason, a large group of people thinks that the story started with Warcraft III. Which is mind-blowing considering the "3" on the title...

its because WC3 starts out VERY VERY fresh, the way the entre game starts off would make someone think that its just a brand new story, i fell victim to this exact thing.
    UH DK- Karrod

its because WC3 starts out VERY VERY fresh, the way the entre game starts off would make someone think that its just a brand new story, i fell victim to this exact thing.
    still makes me wonder how they let you trought 1st class in primary school.

Simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicachu View Post
    still makes me wonder how they let you trought 1st class in primary school.

Simple.
    Exactly. If you were a fan, why wouldn't you at least read about the story prior to the THIRD game in the series? I started with Warcraft II and read about (and eventually played) the events of the first game, and had no confusion about "random dragons."

The big fire breathing dragon, was present in Warcraft 2... so it has a lot more backstory than you think, try replaying warcraft 1 and 2.
    Also the big hole in the ocean, has a lot of backstory along with the titans, nelfs, 4 more random dragons....
    Last edited by Mjölnïr; 2011-04-27 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slashgordon View Post
    correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure Deathwing is far, far, FAR more powerful than Malygos ever was...
    Both aspects created / empowered by the Titans. Maly = control over magic. Deathwing = control over earth. You can argue that one is more powerful then the other "Nozdormu" but they are all extremely powerful in their own ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneleg View Post
    Both aspects created / empowered by the Titans. Maly = control over magic. Deathwing = control over earth. You can argue that one is more powerful then the other "Nozdormu" but they are all extremely powerful in their own ways.
    Well we were able to kill Maly quite a while ago and he didn't cause even a fraction of the damage Deathwing has, so I think it's safe to say Deathwing is far more powerful than Malygos. )