43. This poll is closed
  • Barcelona

30 69.77%
  • Real Madrid

13 30.23%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pozz View Post
    Pepe fits well in with Mourinhos way of playing, the two just doesn't fit in well with Spanish football. I hope both go back to Inter in the country of boring football and let Madrid be a team basing its philosophy on Spanish ideals.
    Yeah.. His tactics/philosophy just don't fit in the Spanish football, from what I've seen, all Mourinho's teams were very strict and tactical, while Real is full of creative players.. atleast that's what I consider to be the main problem.. but he will probably adapt (or the players will).

Other thing is I don't see how Real could spend the money they spent on Cristiano Ronaldo, I mean he's a good player (great speed, very good headers and strong with both feet) but 96M (not really sure about the amount) is just stupid and when he takes those free-kicks from like 35m.. so many opportunities wasted... And I checked Pepe's tackle again and your soo right xD I had only watched one replay and the angle didn't really show much so it seemed just like a regular tackle, but now that I saw it again omg.. that was too much :P He's gotta take some anger management lessons or something like that, he pretty much screwed up Real Madrid's campaign in the CL.. since Real was holding very well until then (Barça had like what? 2 efforts at goal in the first half?) and they were probably playing for a 0-0 and then aiming to score in counter-attack at Camp Nou.. guess that didn't work xD

Now I only hope my Porto gets the Europe League Expecting a great match against Villareal tomorrow, two very attacking teams ^^ (Sorry about offtopic :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Shams94 View Post
    Yeah.. His tactics/philosophy just don't fit in the Spanish football, from what I've seen, all Mourinho's teams were very strict and tactical, while Real is full of creative players.. atleast that's what I consider to be the main problem.. but he will probably adapt (or the players will).

Other thing is I don't see how Real could spend the money they spent on Cristiano Ronaldo, I mean he's a good player (great speed, very good headers and strong with both feet) but 96M (not really sure about the amount) is just stupid and when he takes those free-kicks from like 35m.. so many opportunities wasted... And I checked Pepe's tackle again and your soo right xD I had only watched one replay and the angle didn't really show much so it seemed just like a regular tackle, but now that I saw it again omg.. that was too much :P He's gotta take some anger management lessons or something like that, he pretty much screwed up Real Madrid's campaign in the CL.. since Real was holding very well until then (Barça had like what? 2 efforts at goal in the first half?) and they were probably playing for a 0-0 and then aiming to score in counter-attack at Camp Nou.. guess that didn't work xD

Now I only hope my Porto gets the Europe League Expecting a great match against Villareal tomorrow, two very attacking teams ^^ (Sorry about offtopic :P)
    It's not the first time Pepe has shown that side of himself, a few seasons back wasn't he the one violently kicking a player 3 or 4 times ? The Sun even judged the challenge he did tonight for red card worthy, and English football is not know for it's softness, English football is tough with lots of contact and lots of strength, where as Spanish football is more about elegance, which sadly also means we have more drama queens throwing themselves to the ground the second someone breathes on them.

Going for 0-0 on hometurf is very risky, not to mention quite disrespectful to the fans, and to some extend the players. (Christiano Ronaldo's reactions anyone?)

2 efforts was still better than the single one Real had, which was from way out.

We have 4 teams in the Euro League who are all somewhat offensive. Hopefully they'll bring us some of the entertainment one could have hoped from teams with such great players as Real Madrid and Barca both have. If not I'm sure next weaks Barca - Real Madrid match will be interesting. Pepe's red card gives us a more elegant midfielder, and Real Madrid will have to play attacking football to have a chance.

and Real Madrid will have to play attacking football to have a chance.
    Not to mention Guardiola only plays one thing: offensive.

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snixs View Post
    Not to mention Guardiola only plays one thing: offensive.
    Lemme differ. Guardiola plays Crowd Control
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    The reason the smart people are miserable because their head hurts so much from facepalming at all the stupid people, its so simple.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforSWTOR View Post
    Lemme differ. Guardiola plays Crowd Control
    Aye, if the other team doesn't have the ball, they can't score.

Deleted
    The thing is, both teams need to play "safe". These are 2 rivals, top clubs and top players battling for the ultimate European prize. In a top match like this you cannot expect extremely amazing football throughout the whole match. And them being rivals, alot of emotion and violence is around too. Thats just how it is with the Best of the Best.

Deleted
    You guys are aware that Pepe (A) got the balls and (B) didnt actually touch Alves. Proof is below:

www . youtube. com /watch?v=1-OMZyuFEOw
    www . youtube. com /watch?v=OPr-QxIuxig

What makes for much more interesting viewing though is of the behaviour of Barcelona's players:

www .youtube.com/watch?v=ygmGIFz_EP0

Most of the comments suggest that you have no problem with the disgraceful diving antics of the majority of the Barcelona players, yet a good, strong challenge is not welcome in Spanish football. Last time i checked football was a physical contact sport, it is not called tag-football. When (/if) you play football do you behave in such a manner? I presume not. So why is it ok for the best players to dive all over the place. If anything, they are the ones who are the best and as such they shouldnt need to cheat to win.
    Unfortunately the change in how football is viewed is carried over into the refereeing from many european referees. What was once a yellow card offense a few years ago is now considered a red card offense, what was simply a harmless foul is now a yellow card offense.
    Proffessional football players are, in general, big and strong. Why they need all of this protection is beyond me. If a challenge is dangerous, stupid or reckless then punish it with a card, otherwise just give a freekick or play on.

As for those who suggest that playing for a 0-0 at home in europe is unacceptable, I presume you are not overly familiar with the most valuable currency in european football: the away goal. If Barcelona had no away goals heading into the second leg, that would give Real Madrid a valuable advantage.
    Is it pretty? Nope. Does it improve the chances of winning? yes. And that is where Mourinho is such a great coach. Mourinho always wins something. Whether its beautiful football or agonisingly boring, the guy is a born winner. Usually he plays attacking football, but when he needs to win he will play whatever manner is required to win. I didn't see any fans complaining about Real's victory in the spanish cup which they played using almost the exact same lineup. What is the point in playing football if you dont plan on winning?

Am I a Real Madrid fan? No. Do I hate Barcelona? No, I actually really enjoy watching Iniesta, Xavi and Messi. I am just a football fan who wishes all of the playacting could be cut out of the sport. It would make the game so much more enjoyable to watch and would reduce the hassle on referees by alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohs View Post
    You guys are aware that Pepe (A) got the balls and (B) didnt actually touch Alves. Proof is below:

www . youtube. com /watch?v=1-OMZyuFEOw
    www . youtube. com /watch?v=OPr-QxIuxig

What makes for much more interesting viewing though is of the behaviour of Barcelona's players:

www .youtube.com/watch?v=ygmGIFz_EP0

Most of the comments suggest that you have no problem with the disgraceful diving antics of the majority of the Barcelona players, yet a good, strong challenge is not welcome in Spanish football. Last time i checked football was a physical contact sport, it is not called tag-football. When (/if) you play football do you behave in such a manner? I presume not. So why is it ok for the best players to dive all over the place. If anything, they are the ones who are the best and as such they shouldnt need to cheat to win.
    Unfortunately the change in how football is viewed is carried over into the refereeing from many european referees. What was once a yellow card offense a few years ago is now considered a red card offense, what was simply a harmless foul is now a yellow card offense.
    Proffessional football players are, in general, big and strong. Why they need all of this protection is beyond me. If a challenge is dangerous, stupid or reckless then punish it with a card, otherwise just give a freekick or play on.

As for those who suggest that playing for a 0-0 at home in europe is unacceptable, I presume you are not overly familiar with the most valuable currency in european football: the away goal. If Barcelona had no away goals heading into the second leg, that would give Real Madrid a valuable advantage.
    Is it pretty? Nope. Does it improve the chances of winning? yes. And that is where Mourinho is such a great coach. Mourinho always wins something. Whether its beautiful football or agonisingly boring, the guy is a born winner. Usually he plays attacking football, but when he needs to win he will play whatever manner is required to win. I didn't see any fans complaining about Real's victory in the spanish cup which they played using almost the exact same lineup. What is the point in playing football if you dont plan on winning?

Am I a Real Madrid fan? No. Do I hate Barcelona? No, I actually really enjoy watching Iniesta, Xavi and Messi. I am just a football fan who wishes all of the playacting could be cut out of the sport. It would make the game so much more enjoyable to watch and would reduce the hassle on referees by alot.
    The way Alves lies on the ground whining (the fall is properly correct seeing as he gets the force from Pepe through the ball and throws him around, though not very painfully) is despicable, but sadly the way Spanish football is.

Pepes red card is correct. He did not touch Alves directly, no. But the red card is not for the connection between the two players´ feet, but due to the clear rule in the rulebook that states:
    Any player who sets aside any care for the opponents health in a tackle is to be shown the red card.

Had they collided I doubt we'd see Alves back on the pitch in that game, hell most likely in this season. Pepe rushes in, lifts his foot, throws himself with the underside of his boot in the direction of a player and even LOOKING AWAY before he actually hits the ball.

Pepe was WAY out of order, couldn't care less about injuring Alves and THAT is why he correctly was thrown off.

Just throw both teams out of the competition and ban them for 5 years. I love watching Barca play but I'm tired of all the play acting, thuggery, gamesmanship, whining, press and referee manipulation from both teams.

Deleted
    You voted:
    Barcelona
    25 69.44%

I hate Real Madrid with all the burning rage of ten suns... oh and, it would appear biased, but Barcelona has the best setup in the world for several years now... Real can suck it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Just throw both teams out of the competition and ban them for 5 years. I love watching Barca play but I'm tired of all the play acting, thuggery, gamesmanship, whining, press and referee manipulation from both teams.
    If just UEFA could punish those that clearly acts (Pedro, Di Maria and Alves from yesterdays match) we'd see much less people diving, but ironically, one of the opposers to that is Mourinho ;D

This was probably the worst game I have seen in a long time. These are two of the best four teams in Europe, and they managed in one game to destroy the image of Spanish football. How a team like Real Madrid propose such a lame match is unbelievable. Ronaldo, Di Maria, Ozil, Kaka, Benzema, Higuain... all that firepower to play with 3 DMs... They should've gone out and hammered Barcelona 3 or 4 nil easily, considering all the injury problems and the makeshift defense Barcelona had.

Barcelona's strategy was just as lame, pass the ball between the back four and their keeper for most of the game, barely willing to risk the ball, and then fish for red cards. It was pathetic to watch the "best team in the world" play act as bad as they did. Busquets, Pedro and Alves were absolutely pathetic. Pedro ran into Arbeloa and fell to the ground clutching his face lol, and no matter how ridiculous the faking was, the entire Barcelona team just swarmed the ref asking for cards. Alves was taken off the pitch in a stretcher, and 90 seconds later he was back on the pitch sprinting with a big grin on his face...

Quote Originally Posted by Pozz View Post
    The way Alves lies on the ground whining (the fall is properly correct seeing as he gets the force from Pepe through the ball and throws him around, though not very painfully) is despicable, but sadly the way Spanish football is.

Pepes red card is correct. He did not touch Alves directly, no. But the red card is not for the connection between the two players´ feet, but due to the clear rule in the rulebook that states:
    Any player who sets aside any care for the opponents health in a tackle is to be shown the red card.

Had they collided I doubt we'd see Alves back on the pitch in that game, hell most likely in this season. Pepe rushes in, lifts his foot, throws himself with the underside of his boot in the direction of a player and even LOOKING AWAY before he actually hits the ball.

Pepe was WAY out of order, couldn't care less about injuring Alves and THAT is why he correctly was thrown off.
    This was in no way a red card. It was a 50/50 ball, so dangerous play by Pepe indeed, but that's only a yellow card any way you look at it. Just a couple of days before, Busquets performed a worse lunge on Xabi Alonso, and he wasn't even given a card, but that's because Alonso is actually a gentleman and got up.
    Last edited by Lockon Stratos; 2011-04-29 at 06:32 AM.

Is there a fake madrid?

Quote Originally Posted by Lockon Stratos View Post
    This was in no way a red card. It was a 50/50 ball, so dangerous play by Pepe indeed, but that's only a yellow card any way you look at it. Just a couple of days before, Busquets performed a worse lunge on Xabi Alonso, and he wasn't even given a card, but that's because Alonso is actually a gentleman and got up.
    It was a 50/50 ball, yes, but the way he went in to it goes under the terms of serious foul under the paragraf that says that if a player goes into a tackle setting aside the health of an opponent player this is to be treated as a serious foul and as such qualifies for the red card.

Dangerous play is when you're close to kicking someone in the face etc. in normal situations when this happens a player is kicking upwards, and the hip and knee drastically slows the speed of which you can throw your leg upwards (unless you're going for a scissor kick). Will it hurt, most likely, but under normal circumstance the impact is all the damage you take, and often people doesn't even have to get an injury break afterwards.

Here we're talking about a person who most likely weigh more than 90kg, coming in top speed, in a jump, with his whole mass + velocity spread over the area of a foot and if that hits any part of the leg, he just made sure that Alves would've stayed out of the football scene longer than any red card could ever keep Pepe away from it.

---------- Post added 2011-04-29 at 03:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sarix View Post
    Is there a fake madrid?
    If just Real didn't mean royal =(

Found the paragraf:

A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or
    brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it
    is in play.
    A tackle that endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned
    as serious foul play.

Source http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affe...36/lotg_en.pdf

---------- Post added 2011-04-29 at 04:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stacey View Post
    You voted:
    Barcelona
    25 69.44%
    And 5 "brave" souls have after this comment, and as such long after the match dared to vote Barca ;D

*edit* changed the category the foul falls under and added some more text.
    Last edited by Pozz; 2011-04-29 at 02:50 PM.