2 Healer 10m Normal

Hi. I've read a bit about which bosses are easy to 2 heal (Some say easier to 2 heal than 3 heal), however I cannot remember which bosses, or where I read them. I searched google a bit, and found nothing usefull. My guild wants to try 2 healing our raids for a bit. 10 man normal bosses. Our healer set up will be Hpally Rdruid. So yeah. Viable? Better? Worse?

We've tried 2 healing a few bosses already. And for the most part everything is fine, unless someone makes a mistake... then we tend to wipe... Taunt somehow messed up on magmaw, he 1 shot the other healer. Stuff like that.
    http://www.youtube.com/ThinkingsHard Youtube for WoW PvP, Arenas, BG's, PvE, Starcraft II and possibly more!

Most fights are pretty risky for 2 healers, one small mistake can get you in lots of trouble. I personally prefer just going with 3 in all fights but Cho'gall. He is a lot easier with 2 healers.

Deleted
    One week just for fun we managed to 2 man heal 12/12. This is generally how I would rank the encounters as far as 2 man healing goes.

The semi-hard and hard encounters often require a very specific setup. E.g. Nefarian would not have been doable without 1 spriest, 1 resto shaman, 1 dk and 1 rogue.

10 man normal:

Easy to 2 man heal:
    Valiona & Theralion
    Cho'Gall
    Atramedes

Medium to 2 man heal:
    Omnitron
    Maloriak
    Al'Akir
    Ascendant Council
    Halfus Wyrmbreaker

Semi-Hard to 2 man heal
    Magmaw
    Chimaeron

Hard to 2 man heal
    Nefarian
    Conclave of Winds

How do you 2 heal p2 on nef?

Let me guess...blood tank solo on a platform?

Fucking dks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cleotaurus View Post
    How do you 2 heal p2 on nef?

Let me guess...blood tank solo on a platform?

Fucking dks
    We had dk dps, rogue, shadow priest + healing stream totem on 1 platform.

Burst down add with BL, then they used defensive cooldowns and swam over to the other platforms through lava.

We used div sac when they were swimming. Healing priest gripped the shadow priest, that gripped the dk. The rogue got the swim all the way.

Though yeah, extremely hard, requires correct classes and coordination.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2011-04-27 at 08:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are having a hard time 2 healing Magmaw 10 normal you are doing something drastically wrong.

Conc of winds is just easier to 3 healing in gen because you just keep a healer on a platform alone most of the time.
    Chim is hard to 2 heal and Nef is probably just better to 3 heal, all the rest of 10 norm fights are easily, easily 2 healable if you have mostly raid/ some blue heroic gear.

Halfus is a bit harder depending on the set-up.

Magmaw is the only boss we have tried to 2 heal so far and it wasn't bad at all. We are going to try Cho'gall 2-heal this week.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stepplax View Post
    Magmaw is the only boss we have tried to 2 heal so far and it wasn't bad at all. We are going to try Cho'gall 2-heal this week.
    Cho'gall is the only boss I've 2 healed, and its the way I've done it every time since my first kill :P. Its just so much of an easier fight with 2 healers imo heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    We had dk dps, rogue, shadow priest + healing stream totem on 1 platform.

Burst down add with BL, then they used defensive cooldowns and swam over to the other platforms through lava.

We used div sac when they were swimming. Healing priest gripped the shadow priest, that gripped the dk. The rogue got the swim all the way.

Though yeah, extremely hard, requires correct classes and coordination.
    Yeah and this happens while your raid is getting blast nova's from the platform NONE OF YOU ARE ON, even with a dk tank sitting on that plat he has to gimp himself with hit gear which makes it harder on your healers. You sir are talking POOP, no need to say more reason why your spurting rubbish.

Most normals can be 2 healed except for the more intensive fights like nef chim or where you need a healer on each plat like throne.
    Last edited by Spongy; 2011-04-27 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spongy View Post
    Yeah and this happens while your raid is getting blast nova's from the platform NONE OF YOU ARE ON, even with a dk tank sitting on that plat he has to gimp himself with hit gear which makes it harder on your healers. You sir are talking POOP, no need to say more reason why your spurting rubbish.

Most normals can be 2 healed except for the more intensive fights like nef chim or where you need a healer on each plat like throne.

Where does he say no one was on the third platform? 2 heal nef would be pretty easy to imagine if you had someone that was good at healing in a dps spec. Then everyone swims to one platform and stacks for aoe heals. I dont see anything there where he says he did it with a blood dk, you need to get your eyes checked and stop spouting stupid comments before reading.

We've two-healed Magmaw and, actually, Chim (wasn't intentional, but had our third healer die before first feud and didn't bother picking him up :P).

I highly recommend 2-healing Mags, because it's actually a LOT of fun... makes it feel much more hectic! Chim... eh... I wouldn't recommend it, as we had our Ele Shaman throwing down healing rains and everyone who could off-heal was doing so during Feuds. Like I said, it was accidental and, if we weren't trying to have some fun with it, probably would've just called the wipe; needless to say, we barely scraped by. But it was funny!
    Last edited by SonsofDisaster; 2011-04-27 at 11:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti
    No, they (new-gen gamers) are happy. Never happier than when they are crying loudly about the injustices of voluntary forms of entertainment.

Most of the fights in 10 are easy to 2 heal, with the exception of chim, nef and, conclave depending on your dps setup.

The only one that is actually easier to 2 heal I would say is Cho'Gall. Other than that, I think Atram, Omnotron, Magmaw, and Halfus depending on the combo would be easy enough to two heal. Beyond that I don't think it wouldn't be too viable without really good healers, and if you are that good you should be doing hardmodes instead.