Poll: What would you say about Portal 2?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    (Spoiler?)
    The Lemons Rant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played either 1 or 2 and didn't hear about either until the mass-advertizement of Portal 2... Seems.. Different? I'm not sure I understand the concept tho.. (obviously portals n shit) But like that's it? Is it just you and your bud, going around levels using the knowledge of how the portals work to help you to the next level, getting progressively more difficult?
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

10+ Year Old Account
    GLatato <3
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaftyMcShaft View Post
    Metzen: Magic rainbow ponies.
    Developer 2: Brilliant.
    Metzen: That's why they pay me the big bucks.

Loved it. Amazing wit and dialogue, honestly it was perfect.

Plus they're releasing the 1st DLC free on all platforms, reminds me of why I love Valve. Plus soon they'll be releasing the SDK which means community maps.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathguard View Post
    How would you describe Portal 2?
    Did you like it more than the first one? Did you not? Why?
    Did you find it hard or easy?
    What changes would you make?
    I would describe it as the best game experience I have ever had. I enjoyed it more than the first one which I enjoy tremendously. It wasn't particularly hard though and I am hoping for some expert packs to be released at some point. Only changes I would make would be to lengthen the game. The story and acting in portal 2 were flawless. I don't think there is another game out there that can put so much personality into such basic objects. The single player campaign, I am yet to do co-op, felt like it was of an appropriate length. I just wish it was longer because every minute of that game is so damn enjoyable.

---------- Post added 2011-05-01 at 03:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    I haven't played either 1 or 2 and didn't hear about either until the mass-advertizement of Portal 2... Seems.. Different? I'm not sure I understand the concept tho.. (obviously portals n shit) But like that's it? Is it just you and your bud, going around levels using the knowledge of how the portals work to help you to the next level, getting progressively more difficult?
    Essentially it is a game about using the elements of physics in conjunction with portable doorways to complete tasks and reach a goal. You really should try it as it is absolutely incredible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Essentially it is a game about using the elements of physics in conjunction with portable doorways to complete tasks and reach a goal. You really should try it as it is absolutely incredible.
    Haha, Love your choice of words. The conveyance of my assumption was thoroughly shown up by your lovely letters to words ratio!
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verth View Post
    One thing though. I don't remember chell being dragged out. When i finished the game i remember just laying there dead. Then before portal 2 came out i watched a walkthrough of the first game just to remember it since i didn't want to waste time downloading it again and i was realy confused with the scene where chell was dragged. I could be my memory but can it be that they added that scene to the game after they decided to make a portal 2, you know with a steam update or something.
    The cutscene was always there, but the robot talking and dragging away Chell was added in a later patch around the time when Portal 2 was announced

Am personally playing now the coop split screen with a friend we are in section 5 now and loving it, I found the coop puzzles to be much more fun and challenging than the SP puzzles but the storyline so far in SP is better.