drainlife or shadowbolt

i wanna know what you guys are using ?? the drain life spec or the shadow bolt 1 ???

at least i did with drain life on this nights raid, and well... its was decent, but takes some time to learn, i only went back to number 1 on meters after a couple of bosses. but its very enjoyable actually.

but any1 tried both or something ???

and is there a big damage difference ???

Used SB today felt very decent competiting for top3 with Hunters, Arcane, Fury warriors and Frost DK, SPs may need a slightly buff cause of the DI nerf. Gona try Drainlife tomorow

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    drain life has its benefits over shadow bolt but u r also casting less abilites to keep the uptime on 3 stacks of shadow embrace. Its even worse on multiple targets. i use drain with shadowbolt spec so i can switch in between the 2 as much as i want. its just a minor change in talents then only effects mana comback.

Quote Originally Posted by Razaac View Post
    drain life has its benefits over shadow bolt but u r also casting less abilites to keep the uptime on 3 stacks of shadow embrace. Its even worse on multiple targets. i use drain with shadowbolt spec so i can switch in between the 2 as much as i want. its just a minor change in talents then only effects mana comback.
    ^ That's what I do also, having bane even when drain life filling is really nice for multi-targets, trying to cast a 3 second shadow bolt to refresh SE on the second target because you got unlucky with nightfall procs in DL spec is hella lame.
    Last edited by Delia; 2011-04-28 at 04:15 PM. Reason: politcal correctness

10+ Year Old Account
    I was testing my dps on my warlock between using the two, and using drain life over shadowbolt brought in higher damage on the felhunter(8k non crits/16k crits with shadowbolt, while 10k non crits/20k crits).
    My warlocks not that geared though, and most of my gear is set up for destro and not affliction(assuming there IS a difference...Haven't checked affliction in a while for stats)

Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    I was testing my dps on my warlock between using the two, and using drain life over shadowbolt brought in higher damage on the felhunter(8k non crits/16k crits with shadowbolt, while 10k non crits/20k crits).
    My warlocks not that geared though, and most of my gear is set up for destro and not affliction(assuming there IS a difference...Haven't checked affliction in a while for stats)
    with regard to green stat priority they are both haste>crit>mastery

OT: I personally am using drain spec atm, since it is simmed higher but only with relatively low latency, due to the way that channels work. I rarely go above 30ms, so it works. if I had more than 70 i'd switch do a SB spec.
    Last edited by SpacedOut; 2011-04-29 at 01:54 PM.
    Who is Chris Metzen? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Zarhym tell it, anybody could have worked for Metzen. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that... poof! He's gone.

SB, mainly for the improved cleaving. Obviously use drain during demon soul.