Prot pally 4.1 prio-rotation question

The pre 4.1 patch rotation from what I remember was
    3HP SotR/WG/Inq (depending on situation) > CS/HotR > Judgement > AS > HoW(if possible) > HW > Cons

Now with the recent changes to the Grand Crusader and Sanctity talents as well as Word of Glory, would the new rotation look more like something like this?
    3HP WG > 3HP SotR/Inq > GC proced AS > CS/HotR > AS > Judgement > HoW (if possible) > HW > Cons

I've been messing around a bit with the proc and have come to the conclusion that the HP generated from the GC proced AS will always be generated, regardless of AS missing or not and as long as it was done in the 6sec time frame. With that in mind, would the rotation as seen above be correct and if not, what would need to be changed? Also, with the WG change in mind, would this mean we would want to use it on CD or same it as a minor "oh shit" button?

Note : If a thread has already mentioned this, could someone direct me to this thread then.
    Last edited by amgor; 2011-04-27 at 10:21 PM.

This rotation you listed is the way I've been running right now, minus the Word of Glory. It's just a pitiful spell now. It's not even a minor "oh shit" button anymore.

Deleted
    ' GC proced AS > CS/HotR '

That part of your priority might change in some circumstances. Say you just did CS-AS(GCProc)-CS (3holypower atm);

Then ofcourse your going to bash shield of righteous next ofcourse, But you have Grand Crusader still available with proc for 4.5 seconds.

Personally i go CS-> AS -> CS again. Giving 3 holy power in 3 gcd's.

Rather than using the GC proc straight away and leaving CS ready off cooldown. Gives alot better flow, Although its annoying when you do the CS after shield and it procs while you have the proc already.

Theck hammered out the optimal rotation. It's 3HP Finisher>CS>AS>HoW>J>Cons>HW. There's no benefit for using AS ahead of CS regardless of GC procs. GC is essentially ignorable, it's just a passive DPS boost.

There is a slight DPS increase to be had if you weave Shor and inq, casting Shor only if there is either sacred duty, or inquisition up. However, that's only at low levels of hit, and it's only a 75-100 DPS increase.
    Last edited by DragonFireKai; 2011-04-28 at 01:19 AM.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    The changes we had in 4.1 gives us
    - Very little reason anymore to use WoG, you want to time these.
    - More Sacred duty uptime, the chance it procs is bigged (due to AS giving it) and it doesn't go away if you miss a SotR
    - Quicker HP generation.

Haven't seen any theocrafty, but for max TPS it looks like we're gonna use INQ more. We can use INQ and have 3 HP + Sacred duty up in 6 seconds, instead of the 15 we used to have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Téuntjûh View Post
    Haven't seen any theocrafty, but for max TPS it looks like we're gonna use INQ more. We can use INQ and have 3 HP + Sacred duty up in 6 seconds, instead of the 15 we used to have.
    We could already do that pre 4.1 and it was even the best TPS rotation (3 HP inqui and 3 HP ShotR rotation) when CS was giving HP even when missed/parried/dodged, you had to not have any miss/dodge/parry to get the rotation working, now it's much more common if you get a string of procs.

Imo Judgement should still be high, as it's good damage and still return lot of mana

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    was only best if you had loads of hit, as 1 miss of your SotR would lower your tps by a lot

When I said that Theck alread ran the numbers, I meant exhaustively. 50 different rotational permutations, across 2 specs, and an additional round specifically to retest those calculations at hit cap and expertise soft cap, each test ran for 30,000 Global Cooldowns to smooth out the presence of rng as much as possible. All in all, it's based on roughly 75 days of combat data. The numbers are reproducable, and run to a tolerance of roughly 1 DPS. While there are adjustments to be made based on your own specific gearing and spec, this provides us with as tight a framework for eyeballing rotation as any spec has ever had.

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...hp?f=6&t=29317