Do not use CtA yet

I gave the system 1 day to allow people to possibly learn the place. I did my first one a few moments ago and I got 2 people that have never done it and all but one lower geared. I am sporting 355 as a Blood DK tank btw.

The instance starts well, had nice buffs and CC for ZA. I wasn't expecting to hit a timer but it certainly was more PUG friendly, atleast I thought. We have a rogue that goes AFK for an insane amount of time so I didn't kick him simply because I didn't care about the timed run. While we were on the end of the Eagle boss gauntlet he returns and he GETS LOST. Do players not use the map anymore? That he totally goes to the Bear boss first, pulls the gauntlet trash, vanishes, leaves and causes us to wipe since the trash came after us.

Either Blizzard is extremely hopeful of this new system will do what they want it or just dumb. You can't put CtA on new instances and especially allowing players whom are undergeared and have never done it inside. I'm not at all an elitist but I think Blizzard should put a "Did you do this instance before" requirement to the current and future new 5mans so that CtA are even possible as this won't help the queue time.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't hotfix stupid.

I see no difference here than in a lot of heroics I run.
    My characters -
    Furrfettish - Rivendare (Tauren Blood DK) - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fettish/simple
    Inashne - Rivendare (Tauren Survival Hunter) - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Inashne/simple
    Furreals - Crushridge (Worgen Protection Warrior) - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...urreals/simple

It is true you can't fix stupid but I think the system isn't really that rewarding so I believe more limitations are nice.

UPDATE:: Did PuG number 2 THIS time I did the original ones, got stonecore, again didn't even reach first boss. Healer was total fail and get blamed for not CCing. I DC for not even a minute while some retard goes to repair and I'm kicked when I return.
    Last edited by Worpig; 2011-04-27 at 10:47 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion if you mean CtA as in Call to Arms...I don't see what your post has to do with it? One player made you wipe and you want people to not use a feature that lowers queue timer?

so....CTA is to blame, for the problems that were already happening?
    BO0ooOOooOOo0oooOO0OOooOO0ooo0OOOo0oOO0NEST0RM!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uttnikk/simple
    ^Deepz served here^

I don't see why your bad luck with pugs should force Blizzard to cancel CtA.........if anything, they should make dps have an ilvl of 350 to enter the new heroics. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Worpig View Post
    I gave the system 1 day to allow people to possibly learn the place. I did my first one a few moments ago and I got 2 people that have never done it and all but one lower geared. I am sporting 355 as a Blood DK tank btw.

The instance starts well, had nice buffs and CC for ZA. I wasn't expecting to hit a timer but it certainly was more PUG friendly, atleast I thought. We have a rogue that goes AFK for an insane amount of time so I didn't kick him simply because I didn't care about the timed run. While we were on the end of the Eagle boss gauntlet he returns and he GETS LOST. Do players not use the map anymore? That he totally goes to the Bear boss first, pulls the gauntlet trash, vanishes, leaves and causes us to wipe since the trash came after us.

Either Blizzard is extremely hopeful of this new system will do what they want it or just dumb. You can't put CtA on new instances and especially allowing players whom are undergeared and have never done it inside. I'm not at all an elitist but I think Blizzard should put a "Did you do this instance before" requirement to the current and future new 5mans so that CtA are even possible as this won't help the queue time.
    Perhaps I missed something, but in this situation your solution wouldn't solve anything. In this case you are saying that the DPS shouldn't be allowed to queue because they haven't done it before. Your solution would only work if "DPS" was the Call to Arms, which I doubt it was at this moment. Call to Arms is there to encourage people to fill roles that need to be filled on a higher basis which usually leads to tanks and healers. Simply put, the way for the system to work in your scenario is if you the tank or the healer were the bads which doesn't sound like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    I don't see why your bad luck with pugs should force Blizzard to cancel CtA.........if anything, they should make dps have an ilvl of 350 to enter the new heroics. >.>
    Because you can not achieve 350 item level running only heroics. Yes, there is some reputation gear and craftable's but not enough to make everyone 350 alone so they base it off the fact that you run heroic instances only along with Justice Point gear. I have a resto druid who was 346 in every slot minus the Rep neck, Alchemy Trinket, Hellscream trinket, craftlable chest and belt, PvP bracers (due to no luck from Corla) and is still sitting at 349.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2011-04-27 at 10:55 PM.

whom are undergeared and have never done it inside
    er fine undergeared is understandable but then again the min lvl is full normal heroic gear so thats not undergeared...

But the "never done it inside" .... its a new instance no one has done it how are ppl going to learn the instance if there not allowed in because they have never done it .... kinda of a daft statement really, the CtA has nothing to do with this and never will. What ppl want like youself is a flawless run straight off ... which with a "new" instance your never going to get it and if you do then that new instance is far to easy .... sigh
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

CtA is a system designed to increase the flow of tanks and healers to lower the queue like for DPS. This system is not all rewarding to deal with pugs, well aware that bad pugs already exist, as do the good. However to put in a system that requires a person to go through about 30 minutes of fail pugs that can't reach first boss sounds to me like an poorly designed system.

I personally am proposing a way for CtA to be more selective of who gets into groups. The DPS suffering from high queue times could endure the queue times till they atleast learn the instance, get gear and also take in account if they've been kicked and for reason it happened.

Also I am looking at the end of tanking however you could also look at the end being a solo queue DPS. Even again if you wait even 5 minutes and must endure multiple fail pugs in a row simply means that the time spent to finally complete a dungeon is roughly the same and very possibly even more aggravating.

Am I calling for a removal? Not at all, but the reward does not = the time and effort to tank/heal for players that tell the difference from right left and green ooze and also is not tuned correctly to deal with the problem at hand, that being the queue times.

As far as the "Not allowed inside until have done it before" thing, I'm merely stating that players make use of their guild, finding people on your server which is what MANY dps have done previously to avoid high queue times. Also I think this idea works best for new instances only as they aren't always PUG friendly and not the most rewarding instances.
    Last edited by Worpig; 2011-04-27 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    er fine undergeared is understandable but then again the min lvl is full normal heroic gear so thats not undergeared...

But the "never done it inside" .... its a new instance no one has done it how are ppl going to learn the instance if there not allowed in because they have never done it .... kinda of a daft statement really, the CtA has nothing to do with this and never will. What ppl want like youself is a flawless run straight off ... which with a "new" instance your never going to get it and if you do then that new instance is far to easy .... sigh

Remember the whole gearscore/achieve thing in Wrath? The must have 5 billion GS AND the achieve to do anything? I remember the old argument my bf used to make with those types: "How am I supposed to get the GS/achievement if I can't even get an invite?"

That pretty much sums up his whole "undergeared/never done it inside" thing. If the people weren't geared enough to do ZA/ZG the system would not allow them to even queue. My level 85 priest can't get into ZA/ZG, however my hunter can get in with a 348 ilvl and my shammy definately can get in. You do not need to be in full T11 to do this content.

On top of all this, is it going to kill you to wait to make sure everyone is with you so someone DOESN'T go around the wrong corner? You wouldn't be dumb enough to run ahead of your group like that in a new raid. Stop being in such a hurry.

Worpig, you also seem to fail to understand that the CtA was created with pugging in mind. What do you expect by not running with a guild?

---------- Post added 2011-04-27 at 09:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Worpig View Post

Am I calling for a removal? Not at all, but the reward does not = the time and effort to tank/heal for players that tell the difference from right left and green ooze and also is not tuned correctly to deal with the problem at hand, that being the queue times.

As far as the "Not allowed inside until have done it before" thing, I'm merely stating that players make use of their guild, finding people on your server which is what MANY dps have done previously to avoid high queue times. Also I think this idea works best for new instances only as they aren't always PUG friendly and not the most rewarding instances.

One other point I would like to make to you, a LOT of gamers run WoW with the settings on low- unless they have high end computers. I had trouble seeing the maze in ZG so unfortunately ended up dying without realizing it on time. I have had to since tweak some things on my end. Not everyones computer can run with settings set on fair.

And once again, with your last comment, what did you expect? Perfection? You are dealing with puggers. You are dealing with semi new content. Don't like it don't queue because blizzard waves cookies in your face as a tank.
    Last edited by taheen; 2011-04-28 at 01:20 AM.