Buggy ground-targetting spells.

Last night while I was raiding, any time I tried to cast Holy Word: Sanctuary or Lightwell, if I didn't click the ground immediately, the green circle would disappear and I wouldn't be able to cast it. Running no addons, so those are out of the question. It's still doing it today, as well.

Has anyone else been experiencing this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Mages, Death Knights, and Shaman are also experiencing this issue. It also affects Power Word: Barrier.

Good job, Blizz.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I had this happen with Mass Dispel as well, though the circle showed up but was about 50% the size and still wouldn't cast. Had to cancel the cast and worked the second time I tried. :/

I *think* I was experiencing some problem with treants and mushrooms, but I couldn't recreate it outside of the raid. I have macros that won't cancel the targetting circle (i.e. /cast !Force of Nature) and sometimes I would (while spamming mushrooms, obviously) not cast one and just stand there like a moron. I had treants not cast, but stay lit up on my bars several times, too. I tried to stay in combat with a dummy and cause the issue to happen again, but it won't. No idea if this is even the same thing or if it's because I have macros and spam my buttons.

I had the same problem yesterday in our Raid. I've turned "Optimized Network Speed" off. After that it worked right. I don't trust Blizz, they will never do my netsettings!!!
    Last edited by Luamara; 2011-04-28 at 04:32 AM.

Yeah, i had this happen a couple times tonight with my Healing Rain. Was quite annoying :/

Trap Launcher can do the same
    BO0ooOOooOOo0oooOO0OOooOO0ooo0OOOo0oOO0NEST0RM!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uttnikk/simple
    ^Deepz served here^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TaKe View Post
    I had the same problem yesterday in our Raid. I've turned "Optimized Network Speed" off. After that it worked right. I don't trust Blizz, they will never do my netsettings!!!
    Have to try that, warlock spells are bugging for me too :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Had it with Barrier and Sanctuary, the targeting circle would shift sizes from a large circle to something like Lightwell size and be uncastable. Lightwell Just wouldn't cast at all, had to die before the spell was working. Someone mentioned its when you move them over uneven ground.

Whenever you mouseover a player, object or UI element you lose your circle. It's a bug that has already been reported on the bug forums.

Think of the game Operation - play like that, avoid all obstacles to place it on the ground!
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Deleted
    I'm not getting that - I can mouse over anything and not lose my circle (in Stormwind at least).

/cast !power word: barrier
    /cast !holy word: sanctuary
    /cast !lightwell

Also disable network thing as someone mentioned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Mages, Death Knights, and Shaman are also experiencing this issue. It also affects Power Word: Barrier.

Good job, Blizz.
    Moderator taking his job seriously ......... LOL QQ ON FORUMS NP

Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    I'm not getting that - I can mouse over anything and not lose my circle (in Stormwind at least).
    Yeah, same here, it worked fine in SW, but as soon as I step into a raid instance it starts acting buggy as hell.

I disabled the network optimize thing, my latency is ridiculously low anyways so I don't really need it :P If that doesn't work, I'll try those ! macros.
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by Devourer View Post
    Moderator taking his job seriously ......... LOL QQ ON FORUMS NP
    Hey, it's a vocal point of disgruntled submission. Nothing more, nothing less. If you think I take this more seriously than anyone else, not only are you sure to be disappointed, but it's proof you haven't been on the Priest boards long.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Had it with Barrier and Sanctuary, the targeting circle would shift sizes from a large circle to something like Lightwell size and be uncastable. Lightwell Just wouldn't cast at all, had to die before the spell was working. Someone mentioned its when you move them over uneven ground.
    Exactly what has happened to me a few times. Will try turning off the network thingy.

Activate ability on key down is now turned on by default (use to be activated when you let go), sounded like unchecking that fixed the problem for all our casters in BWD last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Activate ability on key down is now turned on by default (use to be activated when you let go), sounded like unchecking that fixed the problem for all our casters in BWD last night.
    I unchecked it as soon as I logged on when the servers came up. Didn't fix it.

had the same yday with barrier, at least now i know im not the only one :s