Thread: Frost DK Burst

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix
    I've never played a frost DK nor a kiting class
    lol'd. thanks for talking out of your ass there. that's what we need more of on these forums - uneducated opinions.

also to the feral who got hit for 19k frost strike: I can tell you that it's not a regular occurrence to crit that hard even on a zero resil target, let alone one with 2k and a 50% reduction CD popped. obviously a bug.
    Last edited by fizikz; 2011-04-30 at 09:05 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Deleted
    Yet, I have played with both. Meaning my opinion is anything but uneducated, you're just too dense to consider knowing a class without having played it before. Guess that's why the majority of people can't get above 2200, it's probably where the know-other-classes-other-than-your-own comes more into play.

Also, my comment was regarding Cataclysm, I've boosted a DK, 2 hunters and a mage to glad during WotLK, doubt that's much changed.

Oh yeah? and how did those hunters and mages deal with frost DK's? oh what's that? frost was so shitty in wotlk it didn't matter?

again, thanks for your wonderful insight into frost spec's strengths/weaknesses.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Deleted
    It's okay, hope you have a great time pretending (frost) DKs aren't overpowered because they are easy to be kited. Go play 3v3 at 2600+ and tell me how many unholy DKs you meet out of all the DKs you face, then get back to me (don't worry, I won't hold you on that one, but even at 1800 you should be able to observe the results). Frost was fine in WotLK, as were all the other subpar specs of certain classes with clear cookiecutter builds (arcane mages, ferals, boomkins, rets, prets, surv hunters, prot warriors, etc). Same old problem though, playing something more difficult or less represented is just too hard for shitters.

Don't even know why I bother posting on the PvP section on these forums, even on AJ people have downs regarding arena let alone here. Think I'll just restrain myself to the achievements section.

Enha sham here, im sitting at 3999 resil and i stop trying when its a frost dk team, it seems like oblit is entirely bypassing resil, taking 36k oblits with so much resil. guess what my HIGHEST ability is able to crit for when the stars align? 20k...
    It's not the great who are strong...
    It's the strong who are great...

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Vamp View Post
    Enha sham here, im sitting at 3999 resil and i stop trying when its a frost dk team, it seems like oblit is entirely bypassing resil, taking 36k oblits with so much resil. guess what my HIGHEST ability is able to crit for when the stars align? 20k...
    Holy thread necromancy, Batman.

As for Oblits, you are aware that Frost DK damage has been toned down since this thread was made, yes?

If the DK is doing 36K Oblit crits on a mail armor target, then I'd be guessing he's in frost presence, Unholy Might proc'ed, PoF + trinket used, and both diseases on you. IE, he's definitely not going to hit those numbers nearly any significant part of the time.

My suggestion would be to keep in mind that if the DK goes into frost presence, starts glowing evilly and suddenly gains 2-3 additional buffs, you might want to not stand next to him, is all I'm saying.

you need 2 dots on your enemy to deal max dmg with obliterate and
    i NEVER crittet higher then 25k in arena and against ferals.... they just dodge it most of the time
    frost dk have high burst if we get lucky with KM
    and if you let them they are easily CCable

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't necro threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE