Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's crazy you can boot up the game moments after a patch goes live and get a group that expects you to know the content already. What a strange culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Then they should go with guildies or friends and not touch LFD, pretty simple.
    I am glad you take the liberty to decide how people should play this game.
    Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech you like; it protects speech you don't like.
    Larry Flynt (unsourced)

15+ Year Old Account
    my first ZG run took 5:12 hrs and we subbed out 8 people. in the end it was just me (DPS) and a priest (heals) from the start that got our VP's.

these fights are just an awareness check. watch the videos. took me 12 minutes to watch all the fights enough to explain it to other people.
    "A drug person can learn to cope with things like seeing their dead grandmother crawling up their leg with a knife in her teeth. But no one should be asked to handle this trip. "

10+ Year Old Account
    courtesy within pugs is rare, i would be extremely happy if every pug did his/her own research on an encounter before using the LFG dungeon.
    but that has never been the case for me, sure there are plenty of people who do know the fights either from as you said, guild/friend runs to learn, or they were smart enough to go look it up themselves.

But you have to remember, since pug courtesy is rare, its safe to assume most pugs will not know the fight to a brand new dungeon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

Has anyone said get a guild yet? I execpt that to be said by now on how horrible the player base is in this game. I haven't bother to run reused old content grabage yet, they'll be there for a while no need to rush it, maybe wait till lvl 90 when they remake them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Has anyone said get a guild yet? I execpt that to be said by now on how horrible the player base is in this game. I haven't bother to run reused old content grabage yet, they'll be there for a while no need to rush it, maybe wait till lvl 90 when they remake them again.
    This thread isn't for you to be bitter against Blizzard. If you want to do that, go make your own thread so it can be locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    I am glad you take the liberty to decide how people should play this game.
    I am glad you think it's okay to ruin other peoples game by being too lazy to watch a simple video or read up on tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by mockturtle View Post
    It's crazy you can boot up the game moments after a patch goes live and get a group that expects you to know the content already. What a strange culture.
    With the insane amount of information available to you on the internet these days, there is no credible excuse for not knowing strats to current content.

Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    With the insane amount of information available to you on the internet these days, there is no credible excuse for not knowing strats to current content.
    I understand the "info" is out there. It's just kind of strange behavior from my viewpoint.

Is the game really only played by the people who make the video/beat the boss the first time while everyone else plays copycat? Where is the joy in that? It's not like the patch has been out for a month or two. It's barely even been a day.

And like many have pointed out, the information has been available for much, much longer. Playing copycat and mimicking what everyone else in the group only gets you so far, and inevitably leads to wipes.

I know you're excited about the new heroics, and that's great! But don't go into them until you read up on them or at least watch a video or two. A lot of my groups have 3/5 or 4/5 people who have never been there before (I know, they just came out yesterday and I'm okay with that), and/or have no clue what to do in the dungeon. If you're running them in the ilvl-appropriate gear, you have to be on your toes in at least ZG to avoid wiping constantly.

So please, exercise some common courtesy and at least do a little light reading before you step foot into these dungeons and save time having other people explain it to you and probably fail to get the point across. Watch a video; a lot of these fights are better learned visually. We're all learning alongside you! But that doesn't mean we want to be in there for two hours wiping on trash, or to have the group fall apart because of one wipe on Venoxis and thus waste the last 30 minutes I just spent in queue.

<3
    The people that dont watch video's of new fights/dungeons, are the same people that dont come here and read forums.

And like many have pointed out, the information has been available for much, much longer. Playing copycat and mimicking what everyone else in the group only gets you so far, and inevitably leads to wipes.
    That's not what I meant. I meant that apparently only five or so people (or 25) get to actually play WoW. These five (25) people make a video and then the entire player-base is expected to "study" the video and copy it to a tee. This expectation comes prior to the content even being available on live realms. What's the point?

edit....I understand the other half of the argument and can't refute that point. I just remember finding an old screenshot where a group member was going "that one looks like a healer, I'll cc it" and nostalgically wishing that was still how things went down the first time through "new content". I guess things evolve and that's just the nature of the beast.
    Last edited by mockturtle; 2011-04-28 at 03:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denied78 View Post
    The people that dont watch video's of new fights/dungeons, are the same people that dont come here and read forums.
    i actually have to agree with this =\
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Its still unreasonable, however, to expect someone to be fully versed in the content and know every possible thing coming at you within a day of the patch going live.
    That's not what I'm expecting at all. I just want people to at least have an idea of what they need to do.

at least, for the love of god, say you don't know tacts so we can explain. i fuckin hate when people stay silent and then fuck things up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    The videos have been out for a while now.
    +1. I went to watch the video before the launch and after. Helped me with learning the boss fights so the people who DIDN'T do the work can at least progress.

10+ Year Old Account
    MMO-Champion Statistics

Threads
    Members

Total WoW subscribers: approx. 12 million.
    It really sucks balls but threads like these reach out to a minority, and a majority of that minority already do this (reading up, learning how to play etc) :/

Quote Originally Posted by dnova03 View Post
    I'm going to introduce a novel idea to everyone who thinks it is so hard to explain dungeons. My first heroic was Deadmines. We stayed there for almost two hours. Tank was friendly, and courteous, hubby and I were not exactly 100% geared for heroic. Yes I admit we fudged it.

But guess what, the tank was not a douche bag and he didn't curse us out. He wasn't elitist, and I loved the run.

Some quirky mechanics Blizzard puts in are not that easy to get a hang on. You were not always pro just you are not remembering it.
    The thing is, most people aren't even trying. If you try & fail, that's a different thing entirely, but when people completely ignore everything they can do to improve themselves, then people have the right to call them out on it.
    Last edited by Dassen; 2011-04-28 at 03:32 AM.
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against someone who doesn't know the fight; I'm not going to kick you for not knowing how to defeat a certain boss. But it really helps to do your homework beforehand. Why should the burden of effort be solely on me to make a billion macros for each boss and spam them every time I drag new people through them?

This is an argument that's been done to death already. One side doesn't think they should be responsible for holding the hands of the lazy majority, and the other side feels that people who don't want to explain boss fights and expect people to know the strats are elitist and don't want to help people. I like helping people, I really do, but as Tree said above me, if you want to go in there and learn the fights blind...do it with your guild or friends, not people you don't know.
    Almost all the guides are videos at the moment, and generally only display the fight from one perspective and without contingencies... whereas I read >400wpm, and context helps too (also, yeah, everyone has 4 appropriately geared friends and/or guildies on at all times they want to play...)

Also, you DO have a choice that supposes nothing on another players behalf... make those macros, or deal with wipes... (OR... only run with guildies and friends yourself? see what I did there?).

That said, I watched videos of the fights, read what I could, and still wiped on ZG for a few hours (4 bosses down in ZA REAL quick, then server restart, yay)... why? because healers wouldn't run when they were part of the link (some heals when their not would be nice too, tank will be right for a second) or the tank would tank in green AND/OR not keep the spew away from the party... and then leave when the DPS died, blaming them (instant queues must be nice). You're not one of "those" entitled roles, are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Then they should go with guildies or friends and not touch LFD, pretty simple.
    That could also be said for the people who don't want to learn the fights as they go.

People that need to watch videos before every new content release attempts make me sick to my ass.

Jesus fucking christ, do you want the person making the video to play your character for you, too? The fights aren't that hard to figure out. "Don't stand in shit." Wow, you've completed the new heroics.

People need to experience things for themselves, not be babied by tankspot.