Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    The simple reason why your BR is "terrible" is because you are not a healer like a druid is.

It is easy to see why a druid would have a BR that does 100% of health, they have the ability to heal others.
    I heard bears, cats and owls make really good healers and thats why their BR is 100%

In all seriousness tho, if a druid rez is available it will get used over a lock/dk because of the 100% health, who as a raidleader is going to want someone to rez at 20% rather than 100% (assuming we're not fighting anub in ToTC)

Quote Originally Posted by Leorina View Post
    I remember when DKs didnt have a battle rez, feels like it was just last week..
    haha, thank you for my new signature :3
    ››yeah, here used to be a signature once. I've must lost it somewhere in the twisting nether... still waiting for the mail from the postmaster.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leorina View Post
    I remember when DKs didnt have a battle rez, feels like it was just last week..
    lol-getting all nostalgic on us.

---------- Post added 2011-04-28 at 07:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by franto View Post
    Sorry man, but there will be no glyph for DK. Actually i would rather to see a nerf to this ability, because compared to druid tank, you can still use it and druid can't. So imho, DK should get at least 3second cast time on this ability (at least in blood presence).

/Happy now?
    druid can certainly use it in combat. cc proc instant or wait for boss to do one of its 'stand there and talk' abilities or long cast bs.

OK I've been running ZA/ZG for a couple days now and let me provide some feedback on DK battle rez.

The exact words the devs used were "analogous to rebirth" - without having a glyph it's not analogous to rebirth. Baseline, sure. Better than nothing, sure. Better than old Raise Ally, sure. But not really analogous. If I have a druid healer with me, they should be the only one to use rebirth and I should only use mine on them if they die. Why? well...

1) It seems most healing bots/addons are only build for Druid rebirth or soulstone. I've had several healers tell me that the tools they rely on to time things don't get any warning, which is why for the first several attempts the person immediately died after rez. Even adding a macro to yell something out doesn't help because most healers are looking at their tools, not chat, and use vent for communication (not really common in 5mans). Yes, eventually tools will catch up but, Blizzard needs to think about this being one of those times that maybe some client "poweraura" or emote would be needed.

2) There is way way way too much aoe damage to safely use this, pretty much ever. Swipes from mobs, birds diving, fire all over, gas you need a debuff to survive, chain lightning...I need an addon to track my successful rebirths but they are quite honestly counted on one hand if we are talking most ZA/ZG fights. They are most successful on stopping wipes to trash, because as tank I can pull everything away from dead guy, build up 50 RP, and then fire off the brez so they can sit outside heal up and then run back in. I have enough cooldowns to live even 10-15s without a healer until I can get them safely away. The healer still ends up with no mana but, that's how it is.

3) The mechanic needs to operate as a cast pool. It is intensely frustrating to have to monitor my RP until that Raise Ally button finally lights up so I can cast. The alternatives are unpleasant. A 50RP PowerAura would be spammy as hell. Leaving a constant pool of 50RP reduces me to basically little more than 1-2 death strikes in reserve. What needs to happen is when you cast that spell, as soon as you have 50RP it goes into the rez. Then you can hit that rebirth, and then go right back to tanking.

4) What the hell is with the debuff? Am I crazy but I don't remember getting a debuff from druid or soulstone. What exploit is Blizzard preventing here? A group of five DKs chain casting rebirth every 2 minutes? The cooldown is ten minutes, so basically if you have two DKs in your 5man, and the healer dies twice, you can't brez a second time. however if you have a group with 4 druids you can brez five times. I'm really confused why they felt that was necessary.

But overall....I love it. I love it and I really think this was something missing because it was just really screwed how if you got a druid in your 5man you basically had a Mulligan card but otherwise you had to enjoy your wipe and runback. Yes, I'm glad I'm the class that got it but I really think that it makes sense as a tank ability, particular for the living undead like us DKs.

Fine give the dk their glyph. But my druid doesn't have death strike, so I want that for my kitty dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    I diddn't think it would make sense for a death type player to rezz something back to "Life" but, If you look at say Arthas he went Holy>Unholy, in a sense but no he diddn't die, asmuch as people say L2 look at the trailer and listen to Jaina...But anyways back on topic, so Yes It does make sense Lore wise for a death knight to be able to raise an ally back to 'Life"

and its quite good, and helps a lot in a pve sense / situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Elizaelrama View Post
    In all seriousness tho, if a druid rez is available it will get used over a lock/dk because of the 100% health, who as a raidleader is going to want someone to rez at 20% rather than 100% (assuming we're not fighting anub in ToTC)
    What is the problem if a druid resurrection will be used over a dk res? dk res will still be used if druid res is on cd or there is no druid.

I fully endorse the DK bres being upped, as a druid with a Dk also in his 10 man group. 20% basically means instant death if any kind of aoe damage is going out.

I can see why it isn't though. It can be cast while moving, doesn't need that major glyph slot, doesn't cost a reagent (or need a major AND a minor glyph slot filled), doesn't have a cast time, and doesn't cost a chunk of a resource which, if it runs out, will cause your druid to be useless (or even instawipe the raid if the druid happens to be resto).

Like if someone were to die in air phase of atramedes, you can't really stop to bres or you will die from the sonar bombs (on heroic anyway). The DK bres is amasing in this situation.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just use it properly, it's huge. If you're hitting your rez limit in PvE, use a Druid's over a DK's, end of story.

But, for RBGs, BGs in General, Heroics, whatever, it's really useful, just hope the person clicking accept doesn't decide spawning during an AoE is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixon View Post
    Yeah, cause stealing my utility wasn't enough, you want it to be just as strong as mine too herp derp.

Tell you what, when I start getting the same heals as other healers (it's insane, really. Resto shammy was lolling about his 90k+ GHW crits while I was being amazed when my HT passed 40k) then you can get a 100% HP Battle Rezz.

Untill then, my class is suffering because of it's utility, so I want my utility to atleast be stronger than the other calsses that bring the spell too :/
    Druids don't heal the same as other classes but that doesn't mean you are less then any other healer. I constantly compete with the druid healer in my group and im healing at about 11k hps. You might not have huge crits but you have other mechanics that make you just as powerful.

Deleted
    Put a major glyph in to make it res people to 100% hp. Problem solved.

There's no real reason to give dk's an almost-exact copy of battle res but make it worse. Either make it the same or don't bother. It's just archaic class design to have these spells that are "almost as good as x, but not quite". Even hunter pets have equal buffs to players for christ sake, so why not battle res?

The class homogenization argument is rubbish because we all know that blizzard twists that phrase around to suit whatever they're doing. There's no logical sense in giving mages an exact copy of bloodlust and then refusing to give dk's an exact copy of battle res "because of homogenization."

Druids deserve to have the better mechanic, as it was ours in the first place. Be thankful Blizzard gave you extra options.

And if we're being totally honest here, any guild that raids "hard" content will have 2-3 druids in their raid, making this change irrelevant. The only place I would ever consider a DK or a Warlock to Brez someone is in a 5man, or in an alt 10 man. And in that situation, a little raid awareness goes a long way regardless of if you have 20% or 100% HP.

Quote Originally Posted by maxalyss View Post
    Ok that's it...we are taking it away now...now you have no brez again...Happy?
    Yes, if they gave me my old one, i would be more happy than this 20% bs. And no matter how much preparation you give people, sometimes it doesn't matter. There have been plenty of times when I've seen people rezzed at 20% die to a chain lightning or something immediately after rezzing, or they are herpderps and take it at the wrong time, at least with 100% it doesn't matter as much when they take it.

People seem happy to bash DKs who are upset we were given an ability worth something to replace one that was SUPPOSED to be worth something but wasn't, but then they gave us this. 20% is basically nothing.

Also, to the guy saying 'druids suck at healing lol, i only hit with healing touch for 40k! lol', you roll HoTs, that's what makes you useful, be quiet now and let the big kids talk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sillabear View Post
    I fully endorse the DK bres being upped, as a druid with a Dk also in his 10 man group. 20% basically means instant death if any kind of aoe damage is going out.

I can see why it isn't though. It can be cast while moving, doesn't need that major glyph slot, doesn't cost a reagent (or need a major AND a minor glyph slot filled), doesn't have a cast time, and doesn't cost a chunk of a resource which, if it runs out, will cause your druid to be useless (or even instawipe the raid if the druid happens to be resto).

Like if someone were to die in air phase of atramedes, you can't really stop to bres or you will die from the sonar bombs (on heroic anyway). The DK bres is amasing in this situation.
    I am utterly shocked.
    it seems EVERYONE has forgotten the good old wotlk days.

here's how it went:
    rl: "adimaya battleres A".
    me: "battleressing A, WAIT FOR IT".
    I check if it's safe to be ressed.
    me: "res now".

DO.NOT.ACCEPT.A.RES.DURING.AOE.DAMAGE.OR.WHEN.HEALERS.ARE.BUSY.ELSEWHERE.
    If you do you DESERVE to die again.

hope that was clear enough for you guys.

*edit*

kinda funny that there is some kind of editing filter breaking the world healers for me.
    Last edited by mmoc63f6c1cc20; 2011-04-28 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dietrik View Post
    Fine give the dk their glyph. But my druid doesn't have death strike, so I want that for my kitty dps.
    Trolololo

But seriously, don't you yourself understand why it's really a misplay by Blizzard for not giving a Major glyph of Raise Ally? I have resurrected someone in BoT yesterday at Halfus, whereafter he took it got belched on by Halfus' Proto-drake's attack and died. Instantly.

How is that an improvement?

Quote Originally Posted by Dietrik View Post
    Useless comment, and a poor analogy, bringing a spell up to par isn't like adding a whole mechanic like death strike. If you get death strike I get to change forms into undead versions of all the druid forms, then it'll be even right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyIllidan View Post
    Druids deserve to have the better mechanic, as it was ours in the first place. Be thankful Blizzard gave you extra options.

And if we're being totally honest here, any guild that raids "hard" content will have 2-3 druids in their raid, making this change irrelevant. The only place I would ever consider a DK or a Warlock to Brez someone is in a 5man, or in an alt 10 man. And in that situation, a little raid awareness goes a long way regardless of if you have 20% or 100% HP.
    Shamans had bloodlust first, therefore theirs should be better.

Giving dk's battle res was for 10 man balance obviously. They are trying to make 10 mans less retarded in terms of comp requirements, and that means you need multiple classes with bloodlust, battle res, raid/tank cooldowns etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ZehGeek View Post
    What would be the point? There's no raid-healing spec for Death Knights, nor Warlocks. For Druids it'd make sense due to the fact of there being Restro. They bring other things sides now a battle-rez. Druids still need something, cause even though Mages have TW, Shamans still have a place with Totems,, what really do Druids have? Mark can be changed out with Kings, Thorns are pretty useless unless in some situations, Entagaling Roots is meh unless for some rare situations, Hibernate only has a few good uses, etc, etc. Tranq really isn't the super best deal-breaker compared to like Rebirth, and possibly if you can spare it a glyphed Rebirth. So I don't really see a point, or forseeable future on a glyped DK B-Rez
    yeah shaman totems like strength of earth, oh wait that's horn + battle shout, windfury totem, oh wait that's hunting party + frost dk buff, mana stream totem, oh wait blessing of might, resistance totem, oh wait kings/mark of the wild. mana tide totem, 1 uniqueish totem out of all of them. healing stream is lackluster at best as enhance and elemental.

I just wish they'd cut down the RP cost a little. It might not have an actual cast time, but you still have to sit there and build up your RP bar to cast it.

Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    I am utterly shocked.
    it seems EVERYONE has forgotten the good old wotlk days.

here's how it went:
    rl: "adimaya battleres A".
    me: "battleressing A, WAIT FOR IT".
    I check if it's safe to be ressed.
    me: "res now".

DO.NOT.ACCEPT.A.RES.DURING.AOE.DAMAGE.OR.WHEN.HEALERS.ARE.BUSY.ELSEWHERE.

hope that was clear enough for you guys.

*edit*

kinda funny that there is some kind of editing filter breaking the world healers for me.
    except, you know... the aspect of randomness, chain lightnings, magmaw breaths, maloriak freezes, chimaeron in general, several mechanics in the ascendant council, etc etc... Some stuff you can't 'plan for'.