How to become raid-ready for 4.2?

I *MIGHT* want to start raiding again since I haven't done any sort of actual raiding since TBC. So it's been a few years and I've gone out of the loop of the whole raid scene. I am wanting to go back to raiding on my mage but my mage does not have 1 bit of pve gear at all whatsoever, it's just in full vicious glads. Note I have zero PvE slots, well...besides the +hit & SP proc trinket from TB. I am not exalted with any reputations in Cata, hell I haven't even thought about those till now.

What is exactly involved and how long will it take me to get raid ready for 4.2? I just want a PvE set. I randomly do 5mans every now and then for JP for alts, but no caster dps loot ever seems to drop, been extremely unlucky there. Not to mention the long queues for DPS has put me off actually 5maning often.

15+ Year Old Account
    Do heroics. Try to get all the VP gear you can.

If you can get mostly 353 and 359 you should be fine and ready.

Just run heroics for VP and JP buy the PVE JP stuff and run the new heroics for 353s and spend your VP on well....VP epics.

4.2 isn't for a while. With ZA/ZG, getting T11 raid ready is pretty damn easy, and just run that till you're good. Shouldn't take long.

I have full 359 gear and full 372 weapons (all pvp gear though). Would I be an annoyance to people if I queued up as mage with that gear for heroics? So far I've only bothered with normals.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
    I have full 359 gear and full 372 weapons (all pvp gear though). Would I be an annoyance to people if I queued up as mage with that gear for heroics? So far I've only bothered with normals.
    Beats the sh!t out of all the crafted pvpers doing heroics

Quote Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
    You should be fine to run any heroic but if you try to step into a raid with all pvp gear you will most likely get laughed at and booted. But heroics you should be just fine.

As for the OP, you can run heroics and get all the points you need, once your high enough to get into the new ZA/ZG then you can get a ton of 353 epics that should do you well. You should also stack JP (even max it out) just before 4.2 hits and once it does come out you will be able to buy tier 11 gear with JP's so it shouldn't be to hard really.
    Last edited by Dylis; 2011-04-28 at 03:18 PM.