Thread: BoD again?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

BoD again?

Ok i know you use BoA for Soulswap and bla bla.....and bla...

Just want opinion from Experienced ones. Why BoD , ?

Argloth:

I used both it seems BoA does moar dmg. I mean when i have 26% haste raid buffed (no BL) , it seems that BoA does more demage than BoD.

And still i see Elitists and here.... use BoD it does Moar dmg...

Am i doing something wrong or what?

and please dont start with this soulswap again.(i know , why i should use BoA and Soulswap.)
    Explain me the difference you saw between two banes in static fight with one target.

Everywhere i read about thread "BoD vs BoA" some genious says something about Soulswap.

Please

thanks
    Borovinkata , TaHrA , Kazzak - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Bane of Doom does a lot more damage in 15 seconds than Bane of Agony.

soulswap

lol?

it has a higher damage per cast time.
    Last edited by Glnger; 2011-04-28 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    Bane of Doom does a lot more damage in 15 seconds than Bane of Agony.
    15 seconds.... that is your opinion why you should use BoD?

what about 1 minute full raid buffed..? i know you gonna lost a GCD , but i think BoA compensates..

---------- Post added 2011-04-28 at 05:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    soulswap

lol?

it has a higher damage per cast time.
    so what? do you even know what that means..

i needed serious answers someone who tested it .. not you guys(no offence) who read the same things i am reading..

thanks anyway

Deleted
    Keep in mind the testing done on EJ is with BiS gear, so maybe having that gear increases BoD dmg enough to not use BoA im guessing its gear based rather than one is better than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandir View Post
    Keep in mind the testing done on EJ is with BiS gear, so maybe having that gear increases BoD dmg enough to not use BoA im guessing its gear based rather than one is better than the other.
    BoA scales better with gear I'm pretty sure, since it is effected by haste, crit, and spell power, where as BoD is only effected by spell power and crit. I suppose it would depend on their coefficients though...

Quote Originally Posted by Delia View Post
    BoA scales better with gear I'm pretty sure, since it is effected by haste, crit, and spell power, where as BoD is only effected by spell power and crit. I suppose it would depend on their coefficients though...
    Pretty sure it also scales with Affliction's mastery as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

Why does this thread even exist? Bod does more damage than boa, thats why you use it.. if you already know u use boa for muti targeting and soulswap what is it exactly ur asking?
    Rng does play a factor, if bod crits ur doing a TON more damage. Perhaps you got unlucky with one dot? Honestly trying it out on one fight and seeing ur dps is more isn't conclusive on what does more damage.. do simcraft, it does 10k iterations sometimes 100k iterations.. did you try both one hundred thousand times with logs in the same circumstances?

@ op, okay. just ignore what everyone is saying. I'm sure you know better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Why does this thread even exist? Bod does more damage than boa, thats why you use it.. if you already know u use boa for muti targeting and soulswap what is it exactly ur asking?
    Rng does play a factor, if bod crits ur doing a TON more damage. Perhaps you got unlucky with one dot? Honestly trying it out on one fight and seeing ur dps is more isn't conclusive on what does more damage.. do simcraft, it does 10k iterations sometimes 100k iterations.. did you try both one hundred thousand times with logs in the same circumstances?
    that is the comment that i dont exactly want.

is there anyone....anyone who tryed it with high haste tresholds?
    in real fights?
    just want opinions , i dont want you guys to explain me what simcraft shows. I know what it shows.

I do it easly, BoA on more than one target, that mean Soul Swap use, BoD on single target (Chimareon, Atramedes, ....). 2x BoA is stronger than one BoD.
    Guild Website - server EU-Drak'thul (Horde)
    www.impiks.cz

Deleted
    Saw the thread from the frontpage; my warlock is lvl 22 (lol).

Isn't BoD stronger on single target due to being able to proc a guardian (which doesn't despawn your pet?) that causes extra damage aswell?

BoD *does* scale with haste, so at higher levels of haste you get extra ticks per minute. Also if you think about a longer (3+ minutes) fight, for every minute that passes you would essentially lose 3 GCDs from reapplying BoA.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    BoD *does* scale with haste, so at higher levels of haste you get extra ticks per minute. Also if you think about a longer (3+ minutes) fight, for every minute that passes you would essentially lose 3 GCDs from reapplying BoA.
    BoD DOESN't scale with haste... so you dont get extra ticks. Ya you lose 3 GCD but BA easily compensates it.(at least on my tests). Something like when you little bit under hit capped but you have more intellect , even you miss....your extra intellect compensates it.Probably similar here as well with the GCD.

Small ebon imp does sgnificantly small dmg so i dont even count it.

Like someone in upper posts said 2xBoA >> BoD . I agree , especialy in high lvl haste tresholds.
    So i think i am keep using BoA. Needed some confirmations.
    Basicaly on single targets it is easy to use BoD and forget about it.. since you have to refresh BoA more often. I think that is why ppl use BoD. Nothing to do with the "BoD>BoA" cuz it is not true for me.
    Today i am gonna check what leading guild aff lock uses on WoL pharses. But i think it is gonna be BoA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinoff
    BoD DOESN't scale with haste... so you dont get extra ticks.
    They hotfixed it awhile ago. Please look up on your own class before posting retarded rabble.

Ya you lose 3 GCD but BA easily compensates it.(at least on my tests). Something like when you little bit under hit capped but you have more intellect , even you miss....your extra intellect compensates it.Probably similar here as well with the GCD.
    Uh, no, it doesn't. Your little test on a dummy and/or real fight is inconsequential and is not indicative of anything.

Small ebon imp does sgnificantly small dmg so i dont even count it.
    That's like saying that because 4 piece doesn't give much of a dps increase, so you don't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by drinoff
    Like someone in upper posts said 2xBoA >> BoD . I agree , especialy in high lvl haste tresholds.
    This is for multi-dotting only. The reason for it is you wasting GCD's re-applying different buffs every time you soul swap and most likely fucking it up because it scrambles your brain.

So i think i am keep using BoA. Needed some confirmations.
    You didn't get a single confirmation. You came in here with an agenda masked by your willingness for feedback. You got it. and refused it.

Basicaly on single targets it is easy to use BoD and forget about it.. since you have to refresh BoA more often. I think that is why ppl use BoD. Nothing to do with the "BoD>BoA" cuz it is not true for me.
    No. People use BoD because it has more of a DPA than BoA.

WTB thread lock. Because this thread makes my head hurt in bad ways.
    Last edited by Killora; 2011-04-29 at 07:23 AM.

BoD > all , but Haste and BoD ? since when ?
    Pretty sure I see a tick every 15 sec while having 30% haste in raid.
    ||<>||<>|| Zvix - What Went Wrong - Talnivarr Eu||<>||<>||
    ||<>||<>|| Warlock Boss Movies -10m --> Nefarian, Al´Akir, Cho'gall and others!||<>||<>||
    ||<>||<>|| http://www.youtube.com/user/zvix01 ||<>||<>|| www.talnivarr.com ||<>||<>||

Quote Originally Posted by Killora View Post
    They hotfixed it awhile ago. Please look up on your own class before posting retarded rabble.

Uh, no, it doesn't. Your little test on a dummy and/or real fight is inconsequential and is not indicative of anything.

That's like saying that because 4 piece doesn't give much of a dps increase, so you don't use it.

This is for multi-dotting only. The reason for it is you wasting GCD's re-applying different buffs every time you soul swap and most likely fucking it up because it scrambles your brain.

You didn't get a single confirmation. You came in here with an agenda masked by your willingness for feedback. You got it. and refused it.

No. People use BoD because it has more of a DPA than BoA.

WTB thread lock. Because this thread makes my head hurt in bad ways.

Readed only first answer of your Sir , and i stoped and wont read it... dunno who is tard , and what is hot fixed but BoD ticks every 15 sec so please go and check "my Class" and come spam again..

Lock this thing... i fed to answers like this ...

Thanks to all comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Killora View Post
    I agree that BoD is better, but it doesn't receive any benefit from haste. Don't talk down to someone like that when you have your own facts mixed up.

Simple answer, BoD crits do a lot more damage than your full duration of BoA - RNG plays a huge factor here. It also summons Ember imps, which also play in the DPS increase of BoD. Do not look at BoD damage alone, add the ember imps damage as well.

Through absurdly simple testing (I.e: Curse of Elements and fel armor as only buffs, on a boss dummy, did 1 BoD and 2 BoA).

BoD did 55k damage, the 2 BoA only did 45k. The difference is even larger in a raid setting and with full buffs up.

Edit: Tried again, this time with only keeping Haunt/Shadow Embrace up. BoD: 63k damage. 2 BoA: 54k.
    Last edited by kneeo; 2011-04-29 at 04:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.