Page 1 of 2
LastLast

4.2 New Information

German MMO site buffed has a lengthy interview with Cory Stockton about 4.2: http://www.buffed.de/World-of-Warcra...tch-42-822077/

It contains information about the legendary weapon being eventually forged in the major cities (Stormwind and Orgrimmar) during a event with full voice acting, blue dragon flight and everything.

New Dailies will contain heavy phasing and you can buy additional daily quest hubs with a currency you get from dailies.

An epic quest line surronding Thrall - and probably his balls

Firelands/T12:
    • Instance is supposed to be 4 times the size of Obsidian Sanctum, roughly the size of Alterac Valley
    • Ground mounts will be allowed
    • First bosses will be non-linear (I guess that's up to Fandral who will probably be directly followed by Ragnaros)
    • Ragnaros will be the final boss - No Sineastra-like heroic only encounter
    • Heroic Regnaros will be completely different from normal version
    • There will be more bars/meters to make it easier to watch certain mechanics in contrast to a simple debuff stacking
    • There will be a new Baradin Hold boss - another loot pinata (his words!)
    • The interviewer also asked for a second raid dungeon, Cory ignored that part and only answered the Baradin Hold part - interpret yourself.

Tier 12/Items:
    • All T12 sets will be fire (i.e. firelands) themed (duh) but still trying to stay to the classes lore
    • Sets will bring back nostalgic memories of the times in Molten Core, but will have their own style and fit into firelands
    • Not new but reminder: Warlock will be themed after those awesome looking fire spiders
    • One plate set will be themed after the new fire giants (I guess Anthricyst style but absolutely not sure!), the shoulders will be like the fire giant's face.
    • Set bonus will be firelands themed too and maybe resemble certain boss abilities
    • You won't need fire resistance (duh)
    • There will be epic recipies drops - for "all" professions (i.e. "all" as usual, not really all -.-)

Legendary:
    • Weapon will be forged in major cities (Stormwind and Orgrimmar respectively)
    • There will be a 'very long' even with much voice acting and the blue dragon flight.
    • There will be a reward if your guild gets the achievement for the new legendary
    • It will most likely be a pet, it is supposed to be unique-not necessarily fiery- and show "we has legendary"
    • The proc of the weapon will be offensive and not suited for healers
    • Both 10 & 25 are supposed to get the weapon roughly at the same pace
    • 25M will have s small advantage of getting the profession related parts done quicker
    • Yeah, nothing more on what profression related parts of the legendary are :S But it will be only a minor part of the progression to the legendary, focus is on raiding

Encounter Journal (i.e. boss guides):
    • Will be on PTR
    • Will not require unlocking by killing the boss or something
    • They start with entries for Cataclysm content only but plan to add wotlk, tbc and vanilla entries too - later
    • There will be no loot wishlist but they have plans for that (not sure if loot will be listed at all)

Quests:
    • There will be a new epic level 85 quest line around Thrall
    • It's not revealed if that is about Thrall (maybe) becoming the new aspect of earth
    • No epics as reward, story is the reward
    • Can be completed solo entirely
    • New Daily quests will be "modular" i.e. you start with a base set of quests and earn a currency as reward. With this currency you can unlock other quest hubs and decide how you unlock all of the dailies. This will be acompanied by heavy phasing.
    • Phasing will only change the area and stuff, you will still be able to play with your friends even if they are progressed further
    • There will be new rewards, gear, cosmetical items and mounts (firehawk pls?)
    I clean up and add stuff over time...
    Last edited by Samin; 2011-04-28 at 01:09 PM.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Deleted
    It seems like a really interesting interview, its a shame that Google Translate is such garbage :/

WTB translation

Edit: Don't really care though, after thinking about it. Probably just the same information we already generally know.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Wolfbane View Post
    It seems like a really interesting interview, its a shame that Google Translate is such garbage :/
    I try to translate/summarize as much as possible until lunch break
    Samin
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    I try to translate/summarize as much as possible until lunch break
    Thank you!

Thanks! This is good info.

Deleted
    I'm REALLY interested on the "buying quest hubs" concept of the Firelands.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Wolfbane View Post
    Thank you!
    Summed up big parts. only missing the daily quest part and maybe a few details here and there, will finish it after lunch. (unless someone else did it by then :P)
    Samin

Deleted
    The information about the daily quest zone is really fascinating - you earn some kind of currency via quests to enable new quest hubs.

Sounds quite damn good. Hopefully the PTR comes fast like they said it would :3

"#
    # Both 10 & 25 are supposed to get the weapon roughly at the same pace"

Inc QQ

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    • You won't need fire resistance (duh)
    You won't Need it, but i bet it will help a shit ton. just like Nature resistance helps a ton on Nefarian.

from the dailies/thrall part(my german is a bit rusty):

- Thrall will be the main protagonist in the epic quest line + new model
    - the dailies will be just like in SWP and you get to choose which quests to unlock
    - your character wont be phased while doing dailies
    Last edited by klaps_05; 2011-04-28 at 11:35 AM.

Is there anything like: "No flyer in the daily hub"? <3

Quote Originally Posted by Shanto94 View Post
    Is there anything like: "No flyer in the daily hub"? <3
    No nothing about that.
    Added the quest part too

Also note the image gallery: http://www.buffed.de/World-of-Warcra...lerie/1514272/
    Last edited by Samin; 2011-04-28 at 12:26 PM.
    Samin

maybe you could add that t12 will somehow resemble molten core trash/bosses/whatever like the giant armor
    Last edited by dirtyjokes; 2011-04-28 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyjokes View Post
    maybe you could add that t12 will somehow resemble molten core trash/bosses/whatever like the giant armor
    I guess what you mean is the part that it "brings back nostalgic feelings about the times in molten core but will have their own style and fit to firelands" - I will add that.
    Feel free to point out other stuff I missed.
    Last edited by Samin; 2011-04-28 at 12:35 PM.
    Samin

Thanks for info!
    What about 5 man instances?
    Abyssal Maw must arrive...

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Thanks for info!
    What about 5 man instances?
    Abyssal Maw must arrive...
    Nothing about that and I'm sure for a reason. You got 5mans with 4.1 - if the other abyssal maw instance every arrives it will most likely be not with 4.2 because that focuses on firelands.
    Samin

Damn, I wanna do that quest line.