German MMO site buffed has a lengthy interview with Cory Stockton about 4.2: http://www.buffed.de/World-of-Warcra...tch-42-822077/
It contains information about the legendary weapon being eventually forged in the major cities (Stormwind and Orgrimmar) during a event with full voice acting, blue dragon flight and everything.
New Dailies will contain heavy phasing and you can buy additional daily quest hubs with a currency you get from dailies.
An epic quest line surronding Thrall - and probably his balls
- Instance is supposed to be 4 times the size of Obsidian Sanctum, roughly the size of Alterac Valley
- Ground mounts will be allowed
- First bosses will be non-linear (I guess that's up to Fandral who will probably be directly followed by Ragnaros)
- Ragnaros will be the final boss - No Sineastra-like heroic only encounter
- Heroic Regnaros will be completely different from normal version
- There will be more bars/meters to make it easier to watch certain mechanics in contrast to a simple debuff stacking
- There will be a new Baradin Hold boss - another loot pinata (his words!)
- The interviewer also asked for a second raid dungeon, Cory ignored that part and only answered the Baradin Hold part - interpret yourself.
- All T12 sets will be fire (i.e. firelands) themed (duh) but still trying to stay to the classes lore
- Sets will bring back nostalgic memories of the times in Molten Core, but will have their own style and fit into firelands
- Not new but reminder: Warlock will be themed after those awesome looking fire spiders
- One plate set will be themed after the new fire giants (I guess Anthricyst style but absolutely not sure!), the shoulders will be like the fire giant's face.
- Set bonus will be firelands themed too and maybe resemble certain boss abilities
- You won't need fire resistance (duh)
- There will be epic recipies drops - for "all" professions (i.e. "all" as usual, not really all -.-)
- Weapon will be forged in major cities (Stormwind and Orgrimmar respectively)
- There will be a 'very long' even with much voice acting and the blue dragon flight.
- There will be a reward if your guild gets the achievement for the new legendary
- It will most likely be a pet, it is supposed to be unique-not necessarily fiery- and show "we has legendary"
- The proc of the weapon will be offensive and not suited for healers
- Both 10 & 25 are supposed to get the weapon roughly at the same pace
- 25M will have s small advantage of getting the profession related parts done quicker
- Yeah, nothing more on what profression related parts of the legendary are :S But it will be only a minor part of the progression to the legendary, focus is on raiding
Encounter Journal (i.e. boss guides):
- Will be on PTR
- Will not require unlocking by killing the boss or something
- They start with entries for Cataclysm content only but plan to add wotlk, tbc and vanilla entries too - later
- There will be no loot wishlist but they have plans for that (not sure if loot will be listed at all)
I clean up and add stuff over time...
- There will be a new epic level 85 quest line around Thrall
- It's not revealed if that is about Thrall (maybe) becoming the new aspect of earth
- No epics as reward, story is the reward
- Can be completed solo entirely
- New Daily quests will be "modular" i.e. you start with a base set of quests and earn a currency as reward. With this currency you can unlock other quest hubs and decide how you unlock all of the dailies. This will be acompanied by heavy phasing.
- Phasing will only change the area and stuff, you will still be able to play with your friends even if they are progressed further
- There will be new rewards, gear, cosmetical items and mounts (firehawk pls?)