Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Elevator Boss (Blackwing Descent)

First make sure you line up your raid at the top of the elevator shaft, nobody should cross the red line demonstrated on the screenshot above.

Priests should be prepared to life-grip anyone who falls, while everyone else should be ready with their "/point /laugh" macros.

When the boss arrives, everyone should quickly move onto the boss and carefully position themselves away from the edges. Use parachutes or other slowfall abilities with care, if you screw it up you'll either splat anyway, fall into lava or worst of all aggro Nefarian and Onyxia which is only funny to those still at the top of the elevator shaft who can run to safety.

Tanks should make sure that they keep aggro by staying on the boss until it reaches the bottom (or if you're feeling like a crazy risk taker you can jump off a few feet early).
    Healers should make sure to keep the raid topped up by staying on the boss until it reaches the bottom (or if you're feeling like a crazy risk taker you can jump off a few feet early).
    DPS should make sure to maximise their damage output by staying on the boss until it reaches the bottom (or if you're feeling like a crazy risk taker you can jump off a few feet early).
    Hunters can feign death if you want to do something pointless and silly. It's expected of you after all.

Finally once the boss reaches the bottom the raid should quickly walk off of the boss and onto solid ground. Make sure to res and mock the dead before moving on to the trash secure in the knowledge that the most difficult encounter in the raid dungeon is now behind you.

Deleted
    Made my day.

Has been done. Go look on the youtubes.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know...we can one-shot certain hard modes every week, but without fail someone dies to the Elevator Boss.

Great guide, made me giggle.

Deleted
    If only someone had made one of these back in TBC for SSC xD

wonder if any guild has actually wiped on this boss.
    We always lose one or two persons but never a complete wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nag View Post
    If only someone had made one of these back in TBC for SSC xD
    The deadliest boss in entire TBC... :S

I'm kind of disappointed at the loot table for this boss, considering its difficulty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post
    Finally someone uses the Second Amendment for what it was meant for: Shooting people who do stuff you don't like.

SSC Elevator boss was the most difficult encounter ever created. Ever. This includes M'uru prenerf and Yogg+0/HM LK/Hogger. Believe me, it's true.

Deleted
    We actually had a real elevator boss during our last raid.

The adds before Atramedes, we somehow failed and a few ppl died except a rogue and a mage with two mobs still alive, while we were running back they ran to the entrence. The adds went on the elevator and went up and down with us a few times, was hilarious to fight them

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who whiped alot on the Elevator boss in SSC I can truly say that this guide will help alot of guildes all over the world.

Great job. 10/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Manlypecs
    It's always safe to blame the healer, since healers aren't real people anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    wonder if any guild has actually wiped on this boss.
    We always lose one or two persons but never a complete wipe.
    yes but only when a latecomer parachuted into nefarian while the rest of us were waiting on the overlook platform

also funny when the trashmobs camp the elevator after somebody arsepulls them

I have a bad habit of accidentally slow falling people into nefarian :/ worst part of the elevator boss

10+ Year Old Account
    Linked @ guild, youve made this cloudy day a little more shiny. cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    +like
    10char
    Warlock (SL main)

honestly the best guide i have ever seen lol

with my suave combination of parachute cloak and rogue safe fall, i use the elevator boss to jamesbond my way back to bosses after a wipe before the rest of the group. it looks really pro. except when i fuck it up. then i get laughed at by the people i give a hard time to for outrunning to the boss.

This boss is impossible one heroic difficulty

10+ Year Old Account
    Always liking the elevator boss doesn't matter how many Heroic bosses we 1 shot in BWD, always there are people failing at going down the elevator (mostly auto walking and not stopping).

Quote Originally Posted by notbob View Post
    I have a bad habit of accidentally slow falling people into nefarian :/ worst part of the elevator boss
    This is my reason for raiding lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    Talk to Bibi, he´s a reasonable guy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Stop being a giant trolling asshole.
    See, I can say nasty things in public!