Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmealpoet View Post
    What's the purpose of encounter journals? Does bliz fill in the entry ahead of time so it's like a boss guide?...or is it something we put our own strats in for our guild to view?
    It's the boss information thing they announced for cataclysm. So on the dungeon map (I guess) you can click on the boss room and it will give you a list of abilities and a general direction on what to watch out for, ofc without explaining you how to do the fight.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Kotaku has a write-up as well. It's mostly the same stuff though. But, it is an English source nonetheless.

http://kotaku.com/#!5796504/blizzard...craft-patch-42

Thrall, the Aspect of Earth? Ugh. Really hope that was just Metzen fantasizing about his pet character. Do we really need the exact same plot twist two expansions in a row? And why, exactly, do we even need a new Aspect of Earth? They weren't in any hurry to replace Malygos when we killed him.

The news about Firelands sounds interesting, but I'll withhold judgement until I see the actual instance. Seven bosses seems rather low given how long it's taking them to get the instance out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Kotaku has a write-up as well. It's mostly the same stuff though. But, it is an English source nonetheless.

http://kotaku.com/#!5796504/blizzard...craft-patch-42
    It actually contains a bunch of new information. Like:

This time around they have, however, resulting in some sexy Ragnaros-styled armor, a new non-legendary version of his mace, Sulfuros, and a druid staff that drops off one of raid's other bosses that transforms the wielder into a molten cat.

The new dungeon even boasts three new mounts; one for competing all of the raid achievements, one random drop, and a special mount that drops every time Ragnaros fails.
    Samin
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    • Phasing will only change the area, you will still be able to play with your friends even if they have progressed further
    Yes, this is the most important change on that list!

If they change all the current phasing quests in both the old world and in the Cataclysm zones to work like that, it would pretty much fix the whole leveling experience

Now they just need to make the Dungeon Finder server-only and I might just consider resubbing ^^
    He only employs his passion who can make no use of his reason.

Deleted
    ok notes sound good, now we only have to wait from 3 to 4 months for the release.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by news
    Tier 12 Armor Sets

All T12 sets will be fire themed (duh)
    Not new but reminder: Warlock will be themed after those awesome looking fire spiders
    One plate set will be themed after the new fire giants (Anthricyst maybe?), the shoulders will be like the fire giant's face.
    Set bonus will be firelands themed too and may resemble certain boss abilities
    I hope the warrior gets a set that looks like steel plating again. i just dont like this "stoned" gem look the t11 has.
    something like t5 shoulders with a bit more of firelands style and a head like the t6 would be nice ^^

and the firelands themed set bonuses... sounds nice
    and where was the information about warlock t12?

my apologies for my english.. im from germany, but i refuse to read buffed XD
    Last edited by mmoc98da7e818a; 2011-04-28 at 01:22 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Flaming hyppogryph mount reward from dailies plox.
    Im sure its a safe assumption their new firehawk will be raid related.

Don't want to poop the party, but the notes are too vague for the patch to come out anytime soon. :/

Sounds cool, good thing that my return from my break will be most likely timed with the release of Firelands.

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    It actually contains a bunch of new information. Like:

This time around they have, however, resulting in some sexy Ragnaros-styled armor, a new non-legendary version of his mace, Sulfuros, and a druid staff that drops off one of raid's other bosses that transforms the wielder into a molten cat.

The new dungeon even boasts three new mounts; one for competing all of the raid achievements, one random drop, and a special mount that drops every time Ragnaros fails.
    Oh.. Em... Eff .. Gee
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

"The raid instance is supposed to be 4 times the size of Obsidian Sanctum, roughly the size of Alterac Valley"

Uhm, what? Four times the size of a circular room with one boss and some trash packs?

Deleted
    The size thing is weird to say the least I mean... 4*OS=AV? Really? I haven't been to either in months but that's not really how I remmember them. OS is a incredibly small room with couple dragons and AV is like... The biggest instanced zone ingame? Well maybe not the biggest but one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by MarioInfinity View Post
    Didn't Blizzard say that with cataclysm their was going to be multiple raids per tier?

Sigh. Change isn't something their good at keeping their word on
    that they did, GG blizz on being lying fucktards :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LordSothe View Post
    Thrall, the Aspect of Earth? Ugh. Really hope that was just Metzen fantasizing about his pet character. Do we really need the exact same plot twist two expansions in a row? And why, exactly, do we even need a new Aspect of Earth? They weren't in any hurry to replace Malygos when we killed him.
    From Wowpedia.com:

Succeeded by:
    Kalecgos

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    The size thing is weird to say the least I mean... 4*OS=AV? Really? I haven't been to either in months but that's not really how I remmember them. OS is a incredibly small room with couple dragons and AV is like... The biggest instanced zone ingame? Well maybe not the biggest but one of them.
    OS is actually pretty big. Just because it's only one boss doesn't mean it's tiny. If you put 4 of those together you get a pretty huge zone. Of course it won't LOOK like 4 OS - space will be used in totally different ways.
    Samin

Well we all know warriors will be after the fire boss, because Dks are ALWAYS skull themed >.>

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks amazing

GIEF NAO!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keppa View Post
    From Wowpedia.com:
    Kalecgos replaced him as the Leader of the Blue Dragonflight, he is no where near as powerful as Malygos was, due to him not being blessed by Norgannon, same thing here, except it's more stupid cause only dragons should be able to become Aspects, seems like a really bad retcon if it's true.
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaros View Post
    that they did, GG blizz on being lying fucktards :/
    Mah, they said it just over a year ago, things change in a year. This has been "the Firelands patch" for long enough that I think everyone knew what they were getting.