Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Straton View Post
    Lol arcane dps is tough HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    tell me a class thats tough to dps on?

LOL DPS IS TOUGH

Quote Originally Posted by roguetank View Post
    tell me a class thats tough to dps on?

LOL DPS IS TOUGH
    Stop getting butt hurt because people are laughing at your spec. I read your comments above and you're just mad that you play an easy spec so don't cry to me about it. LOL I also never said that the other specs were tough did I? Nice try though.

Most Arcane Mages I see are terrible. Hense leading me to the conclusion that if they are even slightly balanced then its clear that they are doing it completely wrong.

Mind you, I mock every single class. Its nothing to do with being malicious, and just being playful. Huntards, Deathtards, Loladins, Dr00ds, Rouges, Wahrriors... No-one is safe.

I do get a little defensive about Warriors though when someone else attacks them. Even though its not my main anymore. Warriors need more love!

Quote Originally Posted by Straton View Post
    Stop getting butt hurt because people are laughing at your spec. I read your comments above and you're just mad that you play an easy spec so don't cry to me about it. LOL
    I don't even play arcane very often, in fact my mage isn't even a main.

The fact that people seem to think its the easiest spec in the world when its really not much different than anything else is just a sign of ignorance.

Haters gon hate

I don't even play arcane very often, in fact my mage isn't even a main.

The fact that people seem to think its the easiest spec in the world when its really not much different than anything else is just a sign of ignorance.

Haters gon hate
    The fact is, it is easier than all other specs. Don't tell me it's not. It's 3 buttons and managing cooldowns. Guess what? Everyone manages cooldowns and if they don't then they're bad anyway. Tell me which spec is easier than Arcane? That's right there isn't one. Don't even start on the conserving mana thing either. Conserving mana is hard? Don't spam arcane blast the whole time....

It IS a one button spec... for any fight lasting less than 60 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    No. Hell no. JUST HELL NAAAAW. The spec is a trillion times tougher to play now than in Wrath. The statement definitely held some merit back in wrath where the only things you had to manage were cds (that everyone and anyone has to do) and abx4 +abarr.

Now, the good players REALLY shine whereas the bad ones run oom and run to fire to hide from the fact (not saying all fire mage players are bad).
    Im confused as to why my view is so controversial.

First, to clarify, I mainly played arcane when ToC came out, and a little bit when Icecrown first came out, but switched to fire as it was better at the time.

Anyways, when I first started playing in ToC it took me a while to really play near-perfect, I read pages and pages on EJ about it, and even after a few weeks I wasn't ending fights at exactly 0 mana, basically there was always room for improvement.

Now in Cata, I spec into arcane after reading the first page of the arcane thread on EJ and after the fight I feel I played perfectly. This is why I feel Cata arcane is easier than Wrath arcane.

15+ Year Old Account
    so you're telling me its a spec that takes no skill, but proving you have skill and know what you're talking about by linking me a parse of you playing said spec?

Damn this is confusing
    I'm just saying it's not as complicated as people are saying.

arcane has less buttons to push that's true. but arcane mage should check his mana in order to maximize his dps. there lies the complexity of arcane spec.

its easy to start with, but hard to master.

ok i find it hard to believe that ppl dont have the guts to say that "ok i play a spec thats is only 1 button spam with the occasion of 1 -2 button click for ab and missiles" i read that ppl say arcane is hard cause u have to manage mana and movement is screwing u up if u get evo or whatnot.

Every mana class has to worry about mana so thats not special and if u r that ignorant of the encounter so u start casting evo just be4 u get hit by like flame pillar in magmaw then u deserve to suck.

The reality is u play mage ur dps is FACEROLL either spam ab or fireball thats it not carring if u r dots fall off or whatnot. and u do good dps cause blizz made it so u r not pro

Quote Originally Posted by alkapown View Post
    ok i find it hard to believe that ppl dont have the guts to say that "ok i play a spec thats is only 1 button spam with the occasion of 1 -2 button click for ab and missiles" i read that ppl say arcane is hard cause u have to manage mana and movement is screwing u up if u get evo or whatnot.

Every mana class has to worry about mana so thats not special and if u r that ignorant of the encounter so u start casting evo just be4 u get hit by like flame pillar in magmaw then u deserve to suck.

The reality is u play mage ur dps is FACEROLL either spam ab or fireball thats it not carring if u r dots fall off or whatnot. and u do good dps cause blizz made it so u r not pro
    For those who don't want to read this wall of QQ:
    'I PLEY DANZEONS MAGES ARE SPUMIN' AB OLL THE TIME AND OUTDPS ME QQ THEY MUST BE EZ'

Arcane is management. Example, if you use your Evocate at the wrong time your DPS is screwed.

+1 for those that argue with people on the internet

Deleted
    Yes, using abilities at the wrong times sure can screw you over :/. I mean, chimaeron caustic slime, Im low on mana on my lock so I always life tap, for some reason the healers hate that. Bleh.

Ooooooor, it might just be that everyone else has to manage their cooldowns and abilities as well, arcane isnt the only spec that's screwed over by movement, and saying that youre affected especially because you might cast the wrong thing at the wrong time is just silly.

This being said, I dont play a mage so I cant comment on the difficulty in managing your mana, but from what people are saying, that's the only thing you need to worry about as an arcane mage - your rotation is easy, movement is just like everyone else's, the differing part is your mana.

Closing non-constructive thread.