Question about Jin'Do in ZG

So let me start off by saying I full cleared ZG four times on my resto shaman in beta but it seems like they buffed Jin'Do since. I was pugging a ZG last night and cleared every boss up to Jin'Do with no problems. Once at Jin'Do I was getting killed by the ghosts in phase 2 almost everytime. I would pop spiritwalker's grace, earth ele, spirit link etc but would still get killed by them. Any trick to this or was the DPS just not on top of killing them? Not sure how good our dps was because I was not running meters.

They hit hard but they're slow moving and practically one shottable. This is on your dps.

tank needs to pick them up and kite them while he's tanking the big add. they move really really slow. you can't kill them fast enough AND DPS the chains unless all three of your dps are hunters maybe. but the tank needs to get aggro on them and kite them... body slam doesn't target the tank so he can run wherever he wants. they don't need to be dps i don't think there's a heroic Lady Deathwisper video somewhere where a tank just goes anround and picks up the adds, they are not dpsed, and mages and hunter throw down frost traps and novas etc and they are just kited till the boss is killed. this is less tricky than that.
    Last edited by Subetei; 2011-04-28 at 07:31 PM.

Thanks Zul. I was wondering what was happening on my last run of ZG. We couldn't get Jin'Do. Too many spirits up by the time we got to the 3rd Warrior Spirit and people were slowly dying. Unfortunately the 3rd Warior Spirit failed to jump on the last chain too because everyone was running all over the place, or DPSing him. Does he die off on his own or should he be burned as soon as he Body Slams? Also, I (the tank) was picking them up one at a time, as soon as they Body Slammed I went to grab another. Is this the best strat?

*Edit* Good to know Body Slam doesn't go for the Tank. So should DPS focus on the chains as soon as the bubble breaks? or Keep on the small spirits then once all 3 chains are up take them down 1 at a time? I found it hard to pick up all the adds at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Subetei View Post
    body slam doesn't target the tank so he can run wherever he wants
    They did exactly that last night when I went there.

Quote Originally Posted by Agetro View Post
    Thanks Zul. I was wondering what was happening on my last run of ZG. We couldn't get Jin'Do. Too many spirits up by the time we got to the 3rd Warrior Spirit and people were slowly dying. Unfortunately the 3rd Warior Spirit failed to jump on the last chain too because everyone was running all over the place, or DPSing him. Does he die off on his own or should he be burned as soon as he Body Slams? Also, I (the tank) was picking them up one at a time, as soon as they Body Slammed I went to grab another. Is this the best strat?

*Edit* Good to know Body Slam doesn't go for the Tank. So should DPS focus on the chains as soon as the bubble breaks? or Keep on the small spirits then once all 3 chains are up take them down 1 at a time? I found it hard to pick up all the adds at one time.
    kill 3 or all 4 of the big guys that are in the corners of the temple.

Have the big guy body slam a chain then kill him, (you don't want more add around the place) pick up any loose adds, then kill chains while your tank goes and grabs on of the other big guys from one of the other corners.

little adds only have 76 odd thousand HP, DPS should not have a problem killing them off.

The big guys do eventually just run up to you anyways, but you can just as easily go to them and bring them up.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2011-04-28 at 07:29 PM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Couple things.

1.Body Slam can and will target your tank. It's probably not supposed to, but I've had it multiple times.
    2. Big adds get a huge damage buff overtime, up to 200% or more attack speed, so its impractical to keep them around after a single body slam.

What I've had work so far the 4 or 5 times I've killed Jin'do.

One or Two DPS focus on small adds. Tank grabs a big add, break a chain, third dps kills the beserker with tank, then starts to dps chain. Rinse repeat until all 3 bubbles are broke, at that point the tank take over full time doing adds, and the dps burn all the chains. The adds are what kill people, its more important to have them dead all the time, then to dps the chain right away.

Also the beserker puts down the purple large zone, its a 100% dmg debuff, if you hit a shadow spike when standing in it, its like 160k dmg, I've seen so many pugs die to that.

I've found that missing 1-2 bodyslams makes the fight almost impossible except in guild groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Subetei View Post
    body slam doesn't target the tank so he can run wherever he wants. .

Not true. I was body slammed. In fact we pull 2 (not a good idea) and I got double body slammed as tank

Does this Void zone that increases damage taken by 100% increase damage to the chains too? So it be good to DPS the chains before it dissappears?

It's important for the dps to realize that the small adds here are very different from the vapors in the Ripsnarl encounter, even though they look similar at first glance. It's NOT about burst dps. It's okay for any single add to live for awhile as long as you're downing them at a steady rate. So, multi-DoTing and other AoE attacks are very valid. This insight made the encounter fairly routine for my F Mage and a Warlock, while we had been getting quickly overwhelmed when trying to focus down adds solely with our awful burst abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Agetro View Post
    Does this Void zone that increases damage taken by 100% increase damage to the chains too? So it be good to DPS the chains before it dissappears?
    as far as i know, that chains will also take 100% additional dmg if they got hit by the Body slam.