Imp dps up about 1k

any body else notice this as i didnt see anything in the patch notes about it. Has gone from about 3-3.3k to 4-4.3k with di on the imp.

Lol I was about to come say the same thing.

Done alakir 10man hc today and was the "replenishment" bitch but actualy it surprised me how much damge the imp was doing he was the 2nd source of my damage. Between aff and destro I dont relly know whats best now

Now Blizzard buff demo single target go go, and for the 1st time in 6years we can have all 3 specs doing resonably same damage

Yeah I noticed the boost, but felhunter affliction was beating my imp.
    Made me sad imo, no one should beat my mighty imp :0.
    ||<>||<>|| Zvix - What Went Wrong - Talnivarr Eu||<>||<>||
    ||<>||<>|| Warlock Boss Movies -10m --> Nefarian, Al´Akir, Cho'gall and others!||<>||<>||
    ||<>||<>|| http://www.youtube.com/user/zvix01 ||<>||<>|| www.talnivarr.com ||<>||<>||

Dps!!

I do alot of dps.

---------- Post added 2011-04-29 at 10:48 AM ----------

I do alot of dps.

Deleted
    Friend of my told seeing a 26k hit of shadow bite to pretty good geared pvp guy ^^

anyone else been ooming more i was ooming on the target dummy as destruction which would never happen before. wonder if they stealth nerfed soul leach or mana feed (maybe my pet just wasnt critting enough dunno)
    Last edited by dotsown; 2011-04-29 at 06:34 PM.

I havent noticed any new mana issues

I too noticed a huge jump in my Imp's damage. I'm not sure if it was a scaling issue that got resolved or what, but he went from the number 3 spot to my number 2 spot on my damage proportions (sometimes number one depending on how much I have to move).

I can confirm he went up for me, did 500-1k more dmg on dummy, and compared his avg hits to hits on raid encounters with all buffs pre 4.1, and the result was that post 4.1 his avg unbuffed hits were equal/slightly higher (so this is without 6 or 10% sp buff, 5% crit aura and 3% dmg aura)

the EJ sims atm are soooo out of date so we haven't seen how much exactly of a buff it is, but to be honest I'd say destro = aff atm pretty much (also demo with cd stacking + doomguard gets up there as well on low movement single target fights)

So as of now I'd take spec based purely on utility (havoc/jinx/aoe etc)
    Last edited by Micke; 2011-05-03 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micke View Post
    I can confirm he went up for me, did 500-1k more dmg on dummy, and compared his avg hits to hits on raid encounters with all buffs pre 4.1, and the result was that post 4.1 his avg unbuffed hits were equal/slightly higher (so this is without 6 or 10% sp buff, 5% crit aura and 3% dmg aura)

the EJ sims atm are soooo out of date so we haven't seen how much exactly of a buff it is, but to be honest I'd say destro = aff atm pretty much (also demo with cd stacking + doomguard gets up there as well on low movement single target fights)

So as of now I'd take spec based purely on utility (havoc/jinx/aoe etc)
    I have exacly the same impressions as you. Imp hits for more some ppl dont belive but he does. If it was a buff or a scalling fix I dont know. What I know is that mine does more damage and I even have logs to prove that, posted on other thread where a user didnt belived so.

I just think that alot of locks been enjoying aff and didnt found out yet.

I suspect it wasnt a buff but rather a fix so he now scales from the 6%/10% spell power damge or who knows the ISF buff, this may be the reason why some ppl saying he is hitting the same at dummies cause they dont have 6%/10% when solo

I'm still waiting for someone who claims their imp was buffed to go to a dummy and fire off 2-3 firebolts with no buffs or procs up and post the numbers along with the "spell damage" value from the imp's char sheet.

"I think we can confirm that the imp glyph is being applied twice for both of you. Multiplicatively, even, so it boosts his damage by 44% instead of 20%.

As for the rest of the details, it looks to me like all of these numbers can be explained if we assume the new spell power coefficient is 0.618 and that the orc racial also applies twice. Still would like more numbers to confirm these assumptions though.

The big question is, why is my imp behaving completely differently? Is this an EU-only bug?

EDIT: Just confirmed that another warlock on my (US) realm is seeing the same mechanics you guys are. I'm going to have to retest to see if it's changed on me - been a couple weeks since I tested last.

RE-EDIT: Just confirmed all the numbers on my own lock, so this looks confirmed - imp benefits doubly from both the glyph and the orc racial."

Confirmation post from Zakalwe on EJ http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t111390-..._1_updated/p8/

This puts destro very close to to aff

Another interesting question now would be, with the presumably bugged glyph, would it be any contender for aff/demo?
    Last edited by Micke; 2011-05-10 at 07:52 PM.

Tbh the imp buff makes sence and puts destro close to aff so its personal preference.

It could be a bug or a simple undocumented buff/tooltip to the Imp glyph.