View Poll Results: Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest

Voters
269. You may not vote on this poll
  • I want it and I might be the World first to hold it.

    40 14.87%
  • I want it but I will have hurdles including commitment, time and guild issues..

    103 38.29%
  • I want it but I have no idea what it will take.

    63 23.42%
  • I want it but I have only have a level 1 caster.

    34 12.64%
  • I don't care about legendaries...

    29 10.78%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezkin View Post
    So why is it you banned someone for pointing something out and laughing? Seems like a immature abuse of power and shouldnt be allowed...
    Agreed. A post 4 hours after it's been on the front page of your site and you're gonna ban someone for chuckling about it? grow some thicker skin we're not here to lick your shoes. This site has really gone downhill since boub added new mods in the last year - I see mod abuse all the time like this crap. Ban me if you want, I have no vested interest in my post history and gmail accounts are free.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrenos View Post
    Agreed. A post 4 hours after it's been on the front page of your site and you're gonna ban someone for chuckling about it? grow some thicker skin we're not here to lick your shoes. This site has really gone downhill since boub added new mods in the last year - I see mod abuse all the time like this crap. Ban me if you want, I have no vested interest in my post history and gmail accounts are free.
    Agreed that was a very poor excuse of a ban. I can see "I was tired and not thinking properly" excuse coming up. OT I'm most likely going to be the second or 3rd in line to get the staff in my 25 man raid guild.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrenos View Post
    Agreed. A post 4 hours after it's been on the front page of your site and you're gonna ban someone for chuckling about it? grow some thicker skin we're not here to lick your shoes. This site has really gone downhill since boub added new mods in the last year - I see mod abuse all the time like this crap. Ban me if you want, I have no vested interest in my post history and gmail accounts are free.
    The banned member's post was completely pointless, and served no real purpose to this thread. I do agree that banning him/her was a bit excessive (Seems like the mod didn't like being called out on not reading the main page), but who are we to argue otherwise?

    OT: I can't see myself being the first in line to get it. I reckon 2 officers in my guild will be getting it first (*sigh* at officers getting all the shiny things). However, I will do all the quests and stuff leading up to it, just in case I get the chance to get it.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrenos View Post
    Agreed. A post 4 hours after it's been on the front page of your site and you're gonna ban someone for chuckling about it? grow some thicker skin we're not here to lick your shoes. This site has really gone downhill since boub added new mods in the last year - I see mod abuse all the time like this crap. Ban me if you want, I have no vested interest in my post history and gmail accounts are free.
    Fun fact, your poster you're defending has a prior infraction history. Mine would have only been a slap on the wrist, had that history not even been there (go go automated system). I don't expect people to "Lick my shoes" as you put it, but I do ask that people cut myself, and others, some slack. If he'd pointed out a "lol read the front page" at another user, the infraction and the response would have been the same.

    And yes, sometimes I don't get to the front page, because I'm busy refreshing my stuff here. Users bring me blue posts before I track down the blue-tracker, before Bibi updates the front page. For this, I'm actually really grateful. Should we go "lol bibi read blue tracker more"? No.

    Two things to note: One, if you have other specific examples of "mod abuse" I suggest you point those out to Sunshine or Boubouille, so appropriate response can be taken. Otherwise, your complaint falls on deaf ears. I do, however, recommend Sunshine over Bibi, simply because she's easier to get ahold of (he's often busy).

    Second: Ban Evasion punishes not only the new account, but all future ones. Not really recommended to advertise you're doing that.

    And a final point: If/when you file your complaints against me, be sure to include the phrase "one of the new mods". It'll add real weight to your argument, and the state of decline of these boards.




    That's the last I'll have open on this topic. Moderation is not open for public discussion, let's get this thread back on track about an awesome legendary staff. I do have to admit, it looks pretty badass.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-04-30 at 04:29 AM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    let's get this thread back on track about an awesome legendary staff. I do have to admit, it looks pretty badass.
    I preferred the 'old' version that was data mined a while back. The new staff 'stick' looks too thin, and the top part looks too heavy.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Sym View Post
    I preferred the 'old' version that was data mined a while back. The new staff 'stick' looks too thin, and the top part looks too heavy.
    I dunno about preferring the old one, but yes the final stage of the staff definitely looks a little top-heavy. I'm actually liking the phase 2 transition, myself. Fancy, without overdoing it.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-04-30 at 04:33 AM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  7. #47
    people are going to be farming this weapon into the next raid tiers still, i wouldn't be worried about rushing your way into it

  8. #48
    Mechagnome hawt09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    635
    Loving everyone assuming they're going to actually see this staff.

    I will genuinely cry if Blizzard make a repeat of Shadowmourne, where repetition and farmable matts are used as the deciding factor rather than skill.

    Actually hope the fragments only drop from heroic kills - the whole point of a Legendary is rarity, a massive goal to look forward to.

  9. #49
    Fluffy Kitten eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rezzing. Again.
    Posts
    3,958
    On topic, OMG I WANT TO BECOME A DRAGON!!! I'm so jealous of you caster DPS that can get this. Since my main is a holy pally, this staff just ain't happening for me.

    Maybe I should reroll or something...nah, I like healing too much. <3
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-04-30 at 10:35 PM.

  10. #50
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    US-Tanaris
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenmojo View Post
    Howcome? I remember the post saying it didnt matter if you are 10 or 25 man.
    Because 25-mans tend to have more caster dps than a 10-man? So my guild could get all the casters legendaries before a 25-man guild could get all their caster dps legendaries.

    I like the new staff but there also isn't any animation/glow on the pictures so it could still be better than what we're currently seeing.
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
    Thomas Jefferson

  11. #51
    Im going shadow in 4.2 to have a chance at getting it.

  12. #52
    Anyway, from blue posts it appears that 10 mans will need 2.5 more time to get the staff. I don't think that you will be able to get more than 1-2 legendaries in single 10 man group before 4.3 comes
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-05-01 at 12:10 PM.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

    I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

  13. #53
    While WoW may very well be the last MMO I play, the one thing I can definitively say is multiple sized-raid groups for endgame content is awful.

    Case in point, Legendaries. When only one, two, or three of the "top" guilds per server are able to complete a single Legendary for one person in a 40man raid, that is Legendary.

    When "Legendary" is a forgone conclusion for any relatively competent guild, and the only question for a 10man groups is "Can we make one or two" and the question for 25man groups is "Can we make three or four," then you've lost the meaning of Legendary.

    Now, what does this have to do with multiple raid sizes? Well, if you are attempting to make 10s and 25s equal in difficulty and reward, then you must plan a Legendary first around 10man. The bare minimum is 1 Legendary for 10 people. Now, this isn't just a huge deal on its own, however, When dozens of 10mans per server have at least one Legendary weapon, now you start seeing an over-saturation. However, it gets worse because if you have a 1/10 ratio in 10s, you'll need a 2.5/25 ration in 25s, which means possibly 3 Legendaries in one guild not alone a server.

    I don't know if there are other people out there like me, but I don't necessarily need or want a Grammy. Yeah, I compose music now an again, and it would be cool to get an award for it, but honestly, I don't think anything I've written is worthy of a Grammy. However, if all of a sudden they started handing out Grammies to anyone who wrote 20+min of orchestration, then who really cares about the Grammy. I'd rather have the best in the world get Grammys and applaud them for a job well done, and some day stand on their shoulders to accept my own Grammy for being the best, than getting a statue that has significantly decreased value.

  14. #54
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    733
    I like what Spiritus has to say. Personally I'd love it of course, but there's two mages in my guild who have been there much longer and do much better DPS than I, and this staff just screams "Mage" to me. One of them needs to get it. I'll do what work I can towards it, but won't expect to get mine anytime soon at all, if ever.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    On topic, OMG I WANT TO BECOME A DRAGON!!! I'm so jealous of you caster DPS that can get this. Since my main is a holy pally, this staff just ain't happening for me.

    Maybe I should reroll or something...nah, I like healing too much. <3
    Did I miss something in the posts - it has a transformation proc / aspect to make you become a dragon? Sadly my priest (main since I started playing in early BC) has been forced into early retirement due to guild collapse so he won't be seeing this

    Of course, my feral druid can look forward to >> FIRE CAT!! << staff
    Bigslick (13/14H)
    "Those who deny respect for others deserve it not for themselves."

  16. #56
    High Overlord Haedess's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    157
    Since two of our officers are casters (lock and my self as a SPriest) we will discuss with eachother when the patch is close.
    Hopefully I will be the first, but I will always be honest and will give it to him if he has better arguments than me

  17. #57
    Epic! Neganova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Milky Way Galaxy
    Posts
    1,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Can I get a source for that?
    Pretty sure a post here on our very own MMO-C said something along these exact lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

  18. #58
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Venice Beach, Cali
    Posts
    78
    Only those who have emerged triumphant against the evils lurking within Blackwing Descent, The Bastion of Twilight, and the Throne of the Four Winds will be eligible to begin the legendary quest. Bronze Dragonflight emissaries will be sent to the Alliance and Horde capital cities of Stormwind and Orgrimmar to recruit those who are ready to undertake the challenge.
    This seems ambiguous to me as to whether it applies just to having cleared the raids (as in, normal difficulty would be fine, and any Defender of a Shattered World is eligible) or if it only restricts it to having cleared 13/13 on Heroic.

  19. #59
    First off, I would like all of you to consider the proc on this weapon. Maybe it increases dot dmg, then yes SP would be the logical choice. Now say its direct spell dmg it buffs, SP would be last in line for that. What im getting at is you should wait to see what the staff does before start handing it out to different members. That is what my guild is going to do before making any decisions.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by wrt54gl221 View Post
    First off, I would like all of you to consider the proc on this weapon. Maybe it increases dot dmg, then yes SP would be the logical choice. Now say its direct spell dmg it buffs, SP would be last in line for that. What im getting at is you should wait to see what the staff does before start handing it out to different members. That is what my guild is going to do before making any decisions.
    While I agree that people should wait and see, its kinda silly to think it might be so specialised towards certain specs. Think of the last two legendaries. Shadowmourne was all about buffing the character with extra strength, while valanyr was all about procs off healing (all kinds of healing) - so its far more likely to give some kind of intellect or damage proc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •