Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Since i'm physically weak i would pick something light, like a katana (not a lame rapier).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haftepaff View Post
    Since i'm physically weak i would pick something light, like a katana (not a lame rapier).
    I think Crossbow is probably the only medieval weapon that allowed it's weilder to be physically weak yet effective. The samurai who primariliy used katanas were fairly well-built, used to being in all that armor. How will you block an incoming strike? Can't dodge everything :S
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I think Crossbow is probably the only medieval weapon that allowed it's weilder to be physically weak yet effective. The samurai who primariliy used katanas were fairly well-built, used to being in all that armor. How will you block an incoming strike? Can't dodge everything :S
    No doubt that samurai were well build, but that's not what i meant.

Katana is a two handed weapon if i remember it correctly and compared to a Zweihänder it's lighter. Besides a Zweihänder relies more on brute force, while a Katana relies on speed and agility. To hold a Katana and some sort of a shield at the same time might not be the best choice.
    Since it's a question about what type of weapon we would choose, i didn't pay much attention to the armor. To be honest, i'm not even sure if samurai or knight armor weights more.

Deleted
    To all those who thinks spears are weak close up, Don't forget the Glaive, or Guan-do type spears. while they are more like polearms they still have similarities to spears and are used full-time for close ranged combat, but work better for sweeping and slicing movements.

Quote Originally Posted by Haftepaff View Post
    No doubt that samurai were well build, but that's not what i meant.

Katana is a two handed weapon if i remember it correctly and compared to a Zweihänder it's lighter. Besides a Zweihänder relies more on brute force, while a Katana relies on speed and agility. To hold a Katana and some sort of a shield at the same time might not be the best choice.
    Since it's a question about what type of weapon we would choose, i didn't pay much attention to the armor. To be honest, i'm not even sure if samurai or knight armor weights more.
    Knight armor should weigh a lot more than samurai armor. Also, the katana is both an offensive and a defensive weapon, you'd probably be in MORE danger if you tried to use a shield with one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Knight armor should weigh a lot more than samurai armor. Also, the katana is both an offensive and a defensive weapon, you'd probably be in MORE danger if you tried to use a shield with one.
    Yea, i agree. A Katana only uses its full lethal effectivness when the wielder uses both hands. A shield would just get you killed in this case